Sending heavy package in the post

banagan

So, I'm moving from CM to Phuket in about a week, been here over 2 years, so have had to get rid of load of stuff, but will still be laden down... was thinking it might be a good idea to just post a bag down, can anyone recommend a service, or do I just head to the post office?

We're talking a rucksack size bag, about 15kg.

Cheers

It is a nightmare receiving heavy packages.

The local postie will not deliver & notification of its location at the local PO is not supplied.

Therefore, it is a real lottery. Today? Next week? Next year?

I sent 25 or 30 kilos excess luggage from swampy to my home to save the plane fees..

I think I paid about 1600 baht and that was including the fees for them to rebox it and pack it so they are happy (they have funny ideas.. must have a bit of string etc).. So probably 200 or so in boxes..

DHL is probably one of the cheapest options. Besides UPS and FedEx of course :).

DHL in Thailand is not Deutsche Post in Germany, they use the same name as DHL was bought over, but are working completely different.

Another option is nimtransport.com. Not sure if they deliver to Phuket. CNX-BKK is fine, cheap and they pick and bring it to you.

It is a nightmare receiving heavy packages.

The local postie will not deliver & notification of its location at the local PO is not supplied.

Therefore, it is a real lottery. Today? Next week? Next year?

I got my huge, and very heavy, BBQ from them a few years ago. Delivered right to my door. I think we paid a bit extra for the delivery. Worked out great for us.