How Did It Happen?

Dondi

Well this comes from boredom and curiousity mainly

How did you end up in Thailand? what do you do there? and how hard was it for you guys/girls?

Personally i do fall in love with 'most' asian countries despite a few unlucky pits of dirt and water. It truly is a big part of my daydreaming time and well, life ambition now to relocate to the stinky, crowded yet ever so addictive streets of Bangkok. Yet find the difficult cast of not following the yellow brick road of 'teaching' that seems ever so..... well... Not me!

I find the experiences of others helps paint a new path, not just for me but for those who feel they have to get of the 'wannabe teacher' track and see what else is available for the 'qualified' :o .. I'm no bum.

also, what attracted you to Thailand (either its bangkok or elsewhere) ??, and if the answers is "I love the bar girls and the cheap beer" then dont bother replying :D the beer is cool and girls are gorgeous but the bars... Makes me feel sorry for normal thai girls whom may be classed as easy whores just because of the so called 'world famous' red light district. Do others feel like that? like the affect of an money hungry government (i know sex for sale has been there longer then farangs have) but lately (50 or so years) it has been the central sex tourists district of the world...

/Mod Edit at the OP's request - Wolfie

well Mod if you can delete the last paragraph then it'll be ok .... i know it intensifies some the people on this board if any talk of bar girls come sinto play .. the main object was to for people to tell stories of how they got to thailand and what they do plus how they think of now compared to when they were in the making of moving .... no real intention on the sex scene :o

its upto the board how they take it and reading other threads... they'll mostly act like children :D

Ok well I'll start you off wit ha sensible answer (lead by example :o)

After the 2001 IT employment crash in England i found that my job was worth half the salary i was being paid, redundancy soon followed. I looked around for work in the UK but nothing was paying anything near what i wanted, so i decided i would like to move out of the Uk and try somewhere else for a bit of 'life experience'. Having friends in Oz they invited me over for a few months to scope out the job market and see what we could find, I have family in Thailand already and when i told them what i was doing they suggested i try Thailand first and if we couldn't find work after a month or so to move onto Oz. Needless to say i landed a very nice job and have been here ever since...

Now i just get to annoy people on Thaivisa.com for entertainment, as i don't go near the bar scene, being steadfast, pure, innocent and T-Total.

(Note: some aspects of the above post are incorrect, this error is on purpose)

Well this comes from boredom and curiousity mainly

How did you end up in Thailand? what do you do there? and how hard was it for you guys/girls?

Personally i do fall in love with 'most' asian countries despite a few unlucky pits of dirt and water. It truly is a big part of my daydreaming time and well, life ambition now to relocate to the stinky, crowded yet ever so addictive streets of Bangkok. Yet find the difficult cast of not following the yellow brick road of 'teaching' that seems ever so..... well... Not me!

I find the experiences of others helps paint a new path, not just for me but for those who feel they have to get of the 'wannabe teacher' track and see what else is available for the 'qualified' :D .. I'm no bum.

also, what attracted you to Thailand (either its bangkok or elsewhere) ??, and if the answers is "I love the bar girls and the cheap beer" then dont bother replying :D the beer is cool and girls are gorgeous but the bars... Makes me feel sorry for normal thai girls whom may be classed as easy whores just because of the so called 'world famous' red light district. Do others feel like that? like the affect of an money hungry government (i know sex for sale has been there longer then farangs have) but lately (50 or so years) it has been the central sex tourists district of the world...

/Mod Edit at the OP's request - Wolfie

You could always get a job beating dead horses. :o