Looking for new house with nice garden near Pratumnak/Thappraya or Jomtien but not so far

dennis123

I'm looking for a house with a rent of max 25000/month, obvious doesn't have to have a swimmingpool as that would be impossible.

But I do want it to be central, eg Pattaya South / Pratumnak / Jomtien area or somewhere along Thappraya road.

Where I don't want to stay is like end of Thepprasit/Sukhumvit, it must be really close to Thappraya road so that I don't have to drive far when I've had a few drinks in either Jomtien or Sunnee.

What's also important is that the house has a nice sized garden, eg not one of those packed villa parks where you can hardly turn your ass around.

Is such thing even possible in this price range and this location?.Right now I live at a side street/soi of Thappraya, opposite Pratumnak so very central.

Doesn't have to be big as I'm single but I do want some privacy, eg not some huge condo next door.

Edited by dennis123

At that price in that area I doubt you'd find a nice house with a large garden. A nice house with little or no garden, yes, or a crappy house with a large garden, maybe. I'd suggest having a look in the Jomtien Nivate village, which is directly east of Thappraya. Go to soi 5 or 7 and look east and the houses heading down the hill are in the village (it's not a gated community). Some decent houses with modest gardens there, and you never know your luck.

I do want some privacy, eg not some huge condo next door.

Very hard not to be overlooked from some sort of condo there, unless you are in a higher condo.

Yeah I know, Pattaya has no privacy no where, even now I rent a house for all together 50k baht a month and even than I have a condo next to me where people frequently use the balcony and look right into my swimming pool so despite the high wall around my house I can't even have outdoor sex lol. Well at night time we can!

Have a look at the Bungalows in Pattaya Lagoon Village next to Suksabai Villas

Great thanks, will do!

I live in a village near there, nice house, quiet, privacy and a decent garden, but you said that you wanted to be really close to Thappraya, and that village is out by the Regional Land Office/Punch & Judy pub, not exactly really close to Thappraya. When I'm out drinking I just use the motorbike taxis, 5 or 6 minutes from Walking Street and the bar beer complex at Rompho market.

Great thanks, will do!

I live in a village near there, nice house, quiet, privacy and a decent garden, but you said that you wanted to be really close to Thappraya, and that village is out by the Regional Land Office/Punch & Judy pub, not exactly really close to Thappraya. When I'm out drinking I just use the motorbike taxis, 5 or 6 minutes from Walking Street and the bar beer complex at Rompho market.

You know you can drive through the back from soi17 to Thrappaya, turning is just past Tigglebities. As you say very quick to walking street.

Great thanks, will do!

You know you can drive through the back from soi17 to Thrappaya, turning is just past Tigglebities. As you say very quick to walking street.

Yes, of course I know that. In fact I'm going that way this afternoon as it's the easiest way to get to Foodmart. It's just not 'really close to Thappraya' as the OP requested. Or at least not IMHO, a Scottish neighbour used to walk from here to Thappraya every afternoon then catch a Baht Bus down to Soi Wat Bun to drink with his mates. His Thai wife used to scoop him off the floor every evening and then drive him home.

They also sometimes have a police check point on soi 17 near the market at night. Given the penalties nowadays for DUI I prefer to use a motorbike taxi rather than risk driving.

Great thanks, will do!

Yes, of course I know that. In fact I'm going that way this afternoon as it's the easiest way to get to Foodmart. It's just not 'really close to Thappraya' as the OP requested. Or at least not IMHO, a Scottish neighbour used to walk from here to Thappraya every afternoon then catch a Baht Bus down to Soi Wat Bun to drink with his mates. His Thai wife used to scoop him off the floor every evening and then drive him home.

They also sometimes have a police check point on soi 17 near the market at night. Given the penalties nowadays for DUI I prefer to use a motorbike taxi rather than risk driving.

Just to confirm I wasn't being sarcastic about the short cut. I drink in the Lion and can stagger home but when I have been out elsewhere I haven't yet seen a police check point again not saying they aren't there, Just never seen or heard of one.

When I'm out drinking I just use the motorbike taxis, 5 or 6 minutes from Walking Street and the bar beer complex at Rompho market.

I don't want this to start a long off-topic tangent, but do you know how late the moto-sai guys are there by Rompho Market?

When I'm out drinking I just use the motorbike taxis, 5 or 6 minutes from Walking Street and the bar beer complex at Rompho market.

I don't want this to start a long off-topic tangent, but do you know how late the moto-sai guys are there by Rompho Market?

I drink there in the afternoon and early evening, so I don't know when they clock off, but as they provide 'security' services to some of the bars there I assume they probably finish when the bars do.

Just to confirm I wasn't being sarcastic about the short cut. I drink in the Lion and can stagger home but when I have been out elsewhere I haven't yet seen a police check point again not saying they aren't there, Just never seen or heard of one.

I'm surprised by that. I only usually go to Walking Street one night a week, so I'm not exactly out and about a lot after dark, but I've seen the check points there by the market at least three times. I know that three times in four years isn't exactly a lot, but then I'm not out that much at night. I've been on a motorbike taxi every time and they don't bother with them. If you live in Suksabai or Pattaya Lagoon then walking back from the Lion you might not notice them as they set up on the road at the far end of the market.