Thai vs Filipina

Sorry if this is the wrong section. Feel free to move.

I have been in a relationship with 2 Thai women only. Both educated. One in Canada and one here in Bangkok.

The current girlfriend has always been nice to me and I appreciate that. She even lets me stay in her own house and doesn't let me contribute even a baht (I wanted my own place, but she was insistent). She never and I mean never asks me for money and has her own job. Very independent. My age is 42, she is 35.

However, we almost never talk about anything. She just goes to work and is glued to her iPad when she's at home. She doesn't have any desire to go anywhere (at my expense), doesn't like to dress up and I don't think we say more than 200 words to each-other during the week. Sex is also non existent. It was great for the first 2 months and then it just stopped. Of course, she blames it on me.

I understand that maybe she's tired from work. I want to talk to her and figure things out, but it's just impossible. I find Thai women are impossible to talk to.

So, which brings me to my next question. How are Filipino women like? One thing that I never liked about them was that they all seem to want to get out of Philippines and go West. Most Thai women don't really want that. However, they do seem to speak the language really well and seem more approachable. Should I just go and see for myself during the next visa run?

• Like 1

They surely have mac?

Lol. In most major cities they have whatever you like...as far as eating. If you need go get a lady, make a home base in Subic or Angeles or Cebu. Lots of good international food.

Philippine food is pretty blase (accent on the e..as in ay)

nothing special about it. If you stray off the path...you may have to cook your own food. They have pork, chicken, fish and something that resembles beef. All the vegetables and fruit...

just cook it yourself...because they boil the crap out of everything.

20 years in the PI...been there, done that....not really caring to go back.

• Like 2

I have many thoughts on this after being with both over a great many years.....15 of which was seriously spent with filipinas → succesful women not the needy or bar type....

My vote would would go with Thai women and culture and it would take a book worthy effort for a full explanation ...... Most of which has been covered repeatedly in other threads and agreed upon by earnest, experienced posters.....

There is a landslide of differences....

My suggestion is to find those other threads an glean the knowledge given there if you are serious about the question.....Many of us posted hood solid answers based on first hand knowledge/experience.....

Some even PM'd for advice.....

One topic dealt with a man that wanted to move his family there - believe his wife was Thai but unsure.....Other threads had solid comparisons.......

That would be a good place to start.....

I once had a GF from the PI. She was an upper class girl from Manila. She lived and worked in BKK; her parents sent her money every month to supplement her income.

She used to call me five times a day. The fifth call killed me: she'd be crying her eyes out and saying how much she loved me. In the end I really hated her.

Your relationship with the Thai girl is over. Move out, and move on.

Your best bet is to enjoy Thailand and focus less on little girlies. Most Thai girls are rather dull.

Thailand is extraordinary in that it has so much to offer. Explore it; discover it; savor it!

Seems we have a second Dr Will???

Hey OP its obvious, your Thai girl has another B/F....So move on if you want to be happy.

Filipinas are great, I have spent many years there and as others have said their food is crap.

Viet woman are good to bed but not to wed.coffee1.gif

• Like 2

You definitely won't have any problems in the bedroom department, they crave that a lot more than Thais, on average.

Nor with conversation. Definitely go see for yourself on your next visa run. Cebu is a bit nicer than Manila.

I wish there were more Filipinas in Thailand, they're hard to find.

• Like 1

Hey OP its obvious, your Thai girl has another B/F....So move on if you want to be happy.

Well, no. That's not obvious at all.... sorry.

My general observation is that Thais are a puberty-stage arrested people. They are generally obsessed with sex. If the OP's gf is not having sex with him, or any other bf, then what, in your opinion is the most commonly practiced alternative, that would allow him to continue living rent-free, in her house? whistling.gif This debate is getting interesting, for a rainy Sunday afternoon.

• Like 1

Well, no. That's not obvious at all.... sorry.

My general observation is that Thais are a puberty-stage arrested people. They are generally obsessed with sex. If the OP's gf is not having sex with him, or any other bf, then what, in your opinion is the most commonly practiced alternative, that would allow him to continue living rent-free, in her house? whistling.gif This debate is getting interesting, for a rainy Sunday afternoon.

I'm all ears. Hitachi?

I have had one filipina girlfriend. In my opinion she out distanced any thai woman I have ever known.even my present wife. She kept the house immaculate,she kept herself looking good all day,she cooked every meal,was always available for sex, She appreciated everything I did for her.Always saved me money on purchases by comparison shopping for me. She was amazing. The reason we are not together today is I wouldnot get married in Canada with Canada's divorce laws being what they are. And she wouldnot move back to Phillipines to marry and live as I wanted. So the relationship ended.

• Like 1

I have had one filipina girlfriend. In my opinion she out distanced any thai woman I have ever known.even my present wife. She kept the house immaculate,she kept herself looking good all day,she cooked every meal,was always available for sex, She appreciated everything I did for her.Always saved me money on purchases by comparison shopping for me. She was amazing. The reason we are not together today is I wouldnot get married in Canada with Canada's divorce laws being what they are. And she wouldnot move back to Phillipines to marry and live as I wanted. So the relationship ended.

Good for her. Sounds like she already had a personal goal, and the ability to stay on mission, despite her romantic feelings toward you. Sounds like my kind of "partnership" girl. Sadly, I doubt you'll ever find a girl with that level of "grit" (fortitude), in the LOS.

As the years move progressively along, you'll probably come to realize, that the loss was definitely on your part.coffee1.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen
  • Like 1

I have been in a relationship with 2 Thai women only. Both educated. One in Canada and one here in Bangkok.

The current girlfriend has always been nice to me and I appreciate that. She even lets me stay in her own house and doesn't let me contribute even a baht (I wanted my own place, but she was insistent). She never and I mean never asks me for money and has her own job. Very independent. My age is 42, she is 35.

However, we almost never talk about anything. She just goes to work and is glued to her iPad when she's at home. She doesn't have any desire to go anywhere (at my expense), doesn't like to dress up and I don't think we say more than 200 words to each-other during the week. Sex is also non existent. It was great for the first 2 months and then it just stopped. Of course, she blames it on me.

I understand that maybe she's tired from work. I want to talk to her and figure things out, but it's just impossible. I find Thai women are impossible to talk to.

So, which brings me to my next question. How are Filipino women like? One thing that I never liked about them was that they all seem to want to get out of Philippines and go West. Most Thai women don't really want that. However, they do seem to speak the language really well and seem more approachable. Should I just go and see for myself during the next visa run?

Would it not be better to finish with your Thai gf before hunting down a Filipino?

And they say Thais are heartless

Jeeeshhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Would it not be better to finish with your Thai gf before hunting down a Filipino?

And they say Thais are heartless

Jeeeshhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not hunting. I'm inquiring.

• Like 1