Thai vs Filipina

As I experienced both countries, there's things is hard to say, because everyone are different.

But the Filipino people are more easily to adapt Western cultures, as their culture, it's not really a culture, it's just a riddance

of Malay-Sino-Spanized-USA cultures into tribal country, that now envy almost one thing is to be a OFW, or being a spouse of a foreigner. The one who remain in Philippines, they're just into balikbayan box & remittances from their family who work hard at abroad.

The problem with the Filipinas, once they're in USA/Europe/Australia already, the friendly Filipino attitude is almost gone, they just concentrated in their business. Most Filipinos will tell they're very proud to be Filipino, but at the same time, they all wanted to leave the country.

PI have much good side also to offers for a single man, but it's also dangerous and troublesomes.

It's very easy for a Filipina to charge into a foreigner a case if she's mad at you. 

What they want almost ? is a marriage.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2018 at 10:10 PM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Holy crap, I started this thread?

Embarrassing!

Because after this whine I still decided to marry her a year later. I guess not being asked and bothered about money was a determining factor for me. But the marriage....I wonder if it will last. Not going to Philippines, though.

Any progress on the conversation and sex front?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2018 at 2:37 AM, jspill said:

Any progress on the conversation and sex front?

slim to none....and slim has left town  ( i would guess)

i was married to an ok thai lady for over ten years.  nothing bad, but nothing special.

One day i decided i had wasted enough time.   Packed up and left

On 10/3/2015 at 12:25 PM, Fabricus said:

I once had a GF from the PI. She was an upper class girl from Manila. She lived and worked in BKK; her parents sent her money every month to supplement her income.

She used to call me five times a day. The fifth call killed me: she'd be crying her eyes out and saying how much she loved me. In the end I really hated her.

Your relationship with the Thai girl is over. Move out, and move on.

Your best bet is to enjoy Thailand and focus less on little girlies. Most Thai girls are rather dull.

Thailand is extraordinary in that it has so much to offer. Explore it; discover it; savor it!

Don't know where you hang out but to say "most Thai girls are rather dull" would lead me to think that you must lead a fairly sheltered life...? I had a PI girl friend for a while and she was a bit the same as yours by the sound of it. Also went crazy after a few drinks. Just add Vodka and stir then get out of the way!!

I've never dated a Thai woman but my Pinay wife, through thick and thin, has been at my side. We've had our issues due to a variety of issues but I've heard many times that Filipinas are considered better wife material than Thais, though of course, that's just based on what I've heard. 

Why would anyone try to compare the two?

Filipinos and Thais are like apples and oranges. Might as well compare Japanese with Cambodians.

Many Filipinos adapt even worse in Thailand than Westerners do. They have much more Western attitudes and do not generally cannot adapt to the spicy food, learn the Thai language, or understand the cultural intricacies of Thailand. A few do, but they are the exceptions.

Thais living in the Philippines also face total culture shock.

On 10/6/2015 at 11:42 PM, Dustdevil said:

You have a good point; I can't stand the Filipino accent either. At least it tends to soften when they've been stateside for a while. The Thai accent coming from a lovely lady is very charming, as are most Chinese accents (not Cantonese of course). The most beautiful accent spoken in English by a woman is in my experience Szechuan.

I was always careful not to post that the Filipino accent drove me nuts for fear of getting shouted down. I just cannot help it, the accent drives me nuts. I think that's why I have been all over Asia and always seem to decide at the last minute not to go to the Philippines.

I have met Filipinas working in hospitals in the UK, on a cruise ship once, and a few with British husbands, and once in an optician shop where she was working. Never dated one. Now, it's too late anyway as been with my Thai spouse 22 years. My other half is very happy here and no desire to leave other than a holiday. However, we have our life reasonably sorted.

I once did a thread that developed with answers from the forum into a very long thread on Thai Visa regards Thailand versus Philippines. I came out not much wiser as people were so divided on the issue. The only answers I was fairly sure were accurate as they were mentioned too many times were:-

1. Food was poor in the Philippines.

2. The Philippines was much more dangerous especially in Manila and there were many off-limits places.

3. The average Filipina woman could converse and understand you but they became very possessive and jealous.

4. God and Jesus were everywhere and the answer to everything.

5. Most Filipinas were aiming for the exit door out of that country and it appears in many cases (similar to Thailand), their families always have a drama or a problem or a sickness, financial problem,  going on.

I actually find the Vietnamese in the North of the country to be attractive physically, I am not sure I would want to marry one.

Our house is spotless, the food is cooked fresh daily by us at home, my clothes are washed and ironed and all the rest of our personal life is fine. We also do many things together and as a team.

My other half has the mother living adjacent to us, family nearby, no financial worries, nice house, and car and cash in her pocket and always a smile on her face and her happy.

If that is what happiness is, I am happy.

On 10/8/2015 at 10:11 AM, HooHaa said:

because they are religious? you are either joking or altogether lacking in intelligence.

as for honest genuine and trustworthy are you talking about the whores or the whole country. personally i find alot of women here in phils remarkably mercenary. I come to manila for money, but i live in thailand.

personally if thai or phils are your two only choices for a partner you should give up now.

image.jpeg.f801f92d98fff23ffa571a1a7b1afda7.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I have had too much experience with the destitute, working class, business/hiso and even politicians in PHP. It is truly a s**thole country, thanks mostly to the Catholic Church, with strong support from the USA. The country is a tragedy. It’s no wonder all the PHP girls posters have met want to leave the country.

Separately, PHP girls are not much in bed. Despite being tropical island women (usually a huge plus), their belief system makes most of them ashamed of their bodies and sex. At the same time, they have an insane cultural acceptance of sleeping with a married man and having his baby, not only for financial gain, but also as a way to show your connection to the man. The illegitimate child increases thenwoman’s social status. I don’t know of another culture that has that. They also do not keep themselves in shape, and eat starchy and sweet food. They are born to be fat.

Stay away!

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, SuperTed said:

I have had too much experience with the destitute, working class, business/hiso and even politicians in PHP. It is truly a s**thole country, thanks mostly to the Catholic Church, with strong support from the USA. The country is a tragedy. It’s no wonder all the PHP girls posters have met want to leave the country.

Separately, PHP girls are not much in bed. Despite being tropical island women (usually a huge plus), their belief system makes most of them ashamed of their bodies and sex. At the same time, they have an insane cultural acceptance of sleeping with a married man and having his baby, not only for financial gain, but also as a way to show your connection to the man. The illegitimate child increases thenwoman’s social status. I don’t know of another culture that has that. They also do not keep themselves in shape, and eat starchy and sweet food. They are born to be fat.

Stay away!

100% they have a lot of similarities with Hispanic women .