Work Permit Cancellation/Visa on Arrival Stamp ?Error?

Upon receiving confirmation that my work permit was cancelled from my employer, I flew to PP to do an out/in and receive my 30 day visa on arrival. What has me confused is that I am admitted until well into next year, 9 months out. That same date ("admitted until") was also my work permit expiration date which can be seen stamped in already. They gave me a Non-B which was written within the visa on arrival stamp. Any insights would be appreciated as it just seems to be in such a gray/unclear area.

This does not make much sense.

Do you actually have a visa?

What type of visa did you have prior to going to PP?

Did you have a reentry permit ?

They did not give you a Non "B" at the border.

The work permit is completely unrelated to anything which may be in your passport.

You may, of course, simply have a "stamping" error which can be easily corrected at an immigration office.

Apparently your work permit was cancelled but not the extension of stay that you got at immigration. Immigration then did the correct thing and used the valid re-entry permit you have.

You need to get a termination letter from your former employer to cancel your extension. The letter would need to be dated on or after the day you to immigration or you will charged for an overstay for every day after that date.

You need to get a termination letter from your former employer to cancel your extension. The letter would need to be dated on or after the day you to immigration or you will charged for an overstay for every day after that date.

The termination letter should be dated for when? The letter should simply state my date of termination. I then provide that to immigration at the airport when I fly out again correct?

Thank you

You have to go to the immigration office that issued the extension to have it cancelled. The termination letter must be dated no earlier than day you go to immigration.

If you go to immigration to a few days before the date on the termination letter they will post date the cancellation so that you would have time to leave the country. If not you would have to leave on the date the cancellation is done or pay 1900 baht to get 7 days to leave the country.

You have to go to the immigration office that issued the extension to have it cancelled. The termination letter must be dated no earlier than day you go to immigration.

If you go to immigration to a few days before the date on the termination letter they will post date the cancellation so that you would have time to leave the country. If not you would have to leave on the date the cancellation is done or pay 1900 baht to get 7 days to leave the country.

Thanks for that info.

So once I tell them my work permit was cancelled they will give me an option to pay 1900 for 7 more days or leave on the cancellation date they give me. However I wont have such a paper to give them. Hopefully they can look up such information.

My guess is they will cancel it and I'll pay the fee for 7 more days to do exit again but this time with out using the re-entry.

My 30 days on arrival have not expired and I still have a couple weeks.

Thanks for that info.

So once I tell them my work permit was cancelled they will give me an option to pay 1900 for 7 more days or leave on the cancellation date they give me. However I wont have such a paper to give them. Hopefully they can look up such information.

My guess is they will cancel it and I'll pay the fee for 7 more days to do exit again but this time with out using the re-entry.

My 30 days on arrival have not expired and I still have a couple weeks.

You said

"What has me confused is that I am admitted until well into next year, 9 months out"

Now you are claiming a 30 day visa exempt entry.

What exactly do you have stamped in the passport?

This is what I have in my passport. If I exit again. I will say I am not coming back and do not extend it. Hopefully I can just be on my way. Originally, my trip to Cambodia was because I was told my work permit was cancelled however they gave me a re-entry. I never did this before.

Thank you for the help.

post-246717-0-21005100-1444104487_thumb.

post-246717-0-60252300-1444104490_thumb.

post-246717-0-96966800-1444104493_thumb.

Edited by Solinvictus

Unless you go to immigration to cancel your extension they will stamp you in using the re-entry if you are trying to do a visa exempt entry. If you applied for tourist visa they would use it instead.of the re-entry permit.