Taxi Queues Are Clogging Up Arrivals

nostrel

Just a quick question.... you're reporting 'just one limo service'....

I've got a ''limo'' booked for my arrival next Saturday...They say there will be a driver with a sign with my name on it... OK so far...

Do you mean that there is just one service who have desks there... or that only one service is allowed onto the airport.

I'm booked (but not paid) with AAC...

Your advice please people............

There are two official Limo cos. at the airport with desks but any Limo can meet you at arrivals. The driver will be there with a sign in the congested arrivals area and the car parked in Car Park a short distance away.

these pics show that they forgot to allow enough room for arrivals to queue for a taxi so they are backing up something terrible into the arrivals area..its gonna be mega bad at xmas and new year !

and this is only low season ..

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sandycruden/...jpg&.src=ph

aircon was not well too, lot of areas too hot, but i hope they can that fix easy.

there is no aircon system as we know it , but cold water is circulated under the building and cool air supposedly rises up.

so there is nothing that can be tweaked !

what you see is what you get.

state of the art system !!!

aircon was not well too, lot of areas too hot, but i hope they can that fix easy.

there is no aircon system as we know it , but cold water is circulated under the building and cool air supposedly rises up.

so there is nothing that can be tweaked !

what you see is what you get.

state of the art system !!!

nothing to calibrate? like take more or cooler water?

but you make fun of this cooling system, right?as cool air will stay on the ground.

anyone noticed the ceiling? in the immigration hall there are metal grating in frames with lamps behind. i see a lot of spiderwebs there. they found a new biotope. its hard to clean up there. so may the planners forget the specific climate here. on tuesday with the heavy rain one air funnel in the glass roof made a hel_l of noise. but may there is no correlation between the rain and the noise, just someting other wrong or not ready yet, i hope.

what i am most worried about, that in the planning they forgot the single human being. just thinking in pax per hour categories. i see no really space or area for relax or to get rid of stress.

just take the smokers lounge at changi as example. nicotin addicts can there prepare well for the little cold turkey on long distance flights. this is a security factor for limit the possibility of someone freak out on the plane. and non smokers need their dose of relaxation too.

if this airport wanne become a hub, what are you supose to do when you are waiting 5 6 7 hours for your connection flight? singapore offer you are free city tour if your are on transit. or just spend your time at the airport it will be not become boring, at least you have nice sofas to sit. they give you a lot of information on some tourist welcome counter. they have staff there that speaks a lot of languages beside english. same goes for hong kong. nobody of the planners or TAT check this out before planning the arrival hall. spore and hongkong would give them a big welcome, they speak even thai there.

Permanent_disorder......

It will be looooooooooooooooooooooooong time before BKK (airport-authorities) can even come close to the organisation-skils of HK and S'pore :o

LaoPo

At B1,100 into town for a "limo" (ha ha), here's sound advice

* slash the seats with a sharp knife

* piss in the back

:D

What kind of a comment is that? :D

People who hire a Limo usually are able to afford it and don't do the things you recommend.

I'm wondering....you do that all the time if you find something (in a restaurant for instance) too expensive ?

Hmmm simple... :o

LaoPo

Is there a 7-11 or another supermarket at the airport? First thing after arrival at Don Muang I did, was to buy a DTAC cashcard for my cell phone. Anyone seen a 7-11?

Yes, there are a number of Family Marts on various levels of the airport. If you're arriving on an international flight, turn right after exiting customs. For domestic flights, turn left. Betwen the two points is the closest Family Mart for arriving passengers. For departing passengers, there is a Family Mart on the far right side of the departure hall (right side as you enter the terminal, looking towards the immigration/security area for departing). I remember seeing a couple other Family Marts, but don't recall their exact location. I think the departure hall may have a second one someplace near the rear.

At B1,100 into town for a "limo" (ha ha), here's sound advice

* slash the seats with a sharp knife

* piss in the back

The ''limo'' will be a Mercedes Benz and it's costing 950bht each way with a further 10& discount... and anyway if I choose to pay that then it's my business.. and before you mention it I have lived in Thailand before and travelled by all means of transport so I don't consider myself overly naiive.

I came on here asking for advice and get an a@@hole.... ah well, can't strike lucky all the time I suppose. :o

Edited by tolsti

OK folks.....many apologies for the above statement. :o

It's just that everytime I go to the airport, there's ALWAYS some clown either trying to steer me to an unlicenced wreck or an overpriced "limo"!

OK, fair enough; over and out.

You showed your 'balls' by apologizing and that's a great thing!

LaoPo

OK folks.....many apologies for the above statement. :D

It's just that everytime I go to the airport, there's ALWAYS some clown either trying to steer me to an unlicenced wreck or an overpriced "limo"!

No probs.... have a good day. :o