Buying land/house in a property company versus no property company

@ Op: if i your topic is gated community vs stand alone, pls see below my key points:

1) only buy in a gated community that is from a reputable company like Land & Houses or Sansiri etc. Look at some of the gated communitied from some of these developers that are 15-20 yrs old. Then you see who will maintain it well in the long run.

2) gated communities usually have wealthier communities, hence you have less issues with some other problems when you live in a stand alone house

3) Security: If you travel frequently, a gated community is better. A stand alone is ok if you stay home most of the time.

4) stand alone is great if you build somewhere you or your wife knows the community, the neighbours etc.

hope this helps

Thank you Robert24 - that is exactly what I was looking for.

regards

Add me to the stupid list.

Can I ask you to clear the air, for me ?

You say you bought a house and land in a developers company. Then you say the land chanoet title is in your wife's name.

How does that work?

Is your question about the pros and cons of the developers company providing management services?

Who owns the house,? it should say so on your purchase agreement.

If you or you and your wife own the house, no problem. If the house remains in the developers company, ( this assumption doesn't make sense, I know) for some reason, there are problems, which I'll avoid mentioning.

Is there not still a rule prohibiting your Thai wife from buying land with money sourced directly from you ( I assume you are a Farang.

I won't touch the issue of protecting your equity, should you wife borrow or otherwise encumber the property.

Looking to help, not hinder.

That's ok... The title I did has cause misunderstandings. Please read Robert24 message below i.e. gated community vs stand alone
No problem. Yours is. An interesting question . Another interesting topic to start would be pros and cons of group homes/condos using a property management company versus self- management (along the style of how property management is handled by condo corporations). Our owners group is about to consider a reorganization of our property management .

Another interesting topic to start would be pros and cons of group homes/condos using a property management company versus self- management (along the style of how property management is handled by condo corporations). Our owners group is about to consider a reorganization of our property management .

Good idea. You should start it.

Here are my reasons

1. To buy on company name you have to set up a company which is actually could be questioned anytime by the government as what is this company doing and what is the activity and since there are none it can be removed or even it is illegal as the intention was to buy the property.
  2. You will own your property without problem against the company which will cost you to settle and pay yearly for the accounting etc .
  3. Once you want to sell your property you have wider range of customer if privately owned. Many do not like to buy under company name. Your customer may become only Thai people who would pay you much less for what it worth.
  4. If you noticed Thai girls insist you to buy house, condo, etc on company name or Thai name which would be her. Do you think you would get anything if you build a house on her so called land because the land is free?

Well I always rent as it does not bond me to stay in one place. If I have a bad neighbor, bad manager, bad maintenance, etc I just move to another place. If I don't like to stay in that particular city well pack my luggage and move on.

There are thousands of foreigners here who have bought land / property under a company like this. Are they all just seriously taking a huge risk? Is there any safeguard at all when looking to buy property in this manner?

To cut a long story short, it is true that they are all indeed taking some on some risk.

The only really risk free type of property in terms of the ownership structure is a condo owned foreign freehold.