Electrical glitch

TheCruncher

For the past 5 days, every day between 8.30 and 9am, my electric will go off for a second.

Of course my electrical appliances like my PC and pool pumps love it a lot.

What can I do against, as I'm afraid reporting it to the local PEA will have the same effect as reporting it to my perimeter wall.

I know I can get a UPS for my PC, but I can't get one for my pool pumps - water pumps - fridge and whatever more maybe running in the house.

Well in fact I could, but that is not the point of this thread. Take note that this is not an occasional glitch, but one that happens EVERY day around the same time, so there must be a reason for it.

Edited by TheCruncher

Yup ^^^ a UPS for the PC, for the pumps perhaps set the timer so it's not running when the glitch occurs (since it seems to be regular).

For the other kit, a lot of gear does include delayed restart (our freezer does). But to be honest it's not going to worry unless it's happening every few minutes. Once or twice a day shouldn't be an issue.

Switching outages like this are very common, we get one every evening at about 6.30, usually a couple of beeps from the UPS, occasionally long enough for the genset to start.

EDIT I should note that we have UPS's on all our technology and our lighting so we don't normally notice the blip unless the genset starts.

Yes my PC have a UPS also printer, monitor etc connected, have another on each TV, set top box, DVD etc all connected.

As for the Pond, for a fix use AC/DC units cost around 5.000 baht and upwards each... before it appeared after many electric restarts the spindle would snap, as only use 'King' 4 or 6 Pumps a new spindle can only be bought with the motor and they cost over 1,000 baht each, wholesale price.. in a year never had a spindle breakage so the AC/DC units have well paid for themselves already + will run for up to 4 hours...

In my area they have been upgrading the electric cables, so 3 Saturdays running the electric has been out from 08:00 - 16:00, thought maybe would fix the outage, but popped off for a few seconds twice yesterday, do have a big oxygen tank if its out for a longer period.

Been here since 2003 and is very common for the electric to pop off

Edited by ignis