UK Visa Refusal for Thai Girlfriend

Thanks for honest reply Jacksam. Appreciate it.

I don't disagree that they were correct to reject the decision and do not contest it. I merely seek to prepare a better application next time.

To add more info, I am 33 she is 20. We met in Pattaya, she worked in a bar. She has a little travel history as went to Singapore together in August 2015. She now lives in Nakhon Ratchasima with her family.

We declared all the above as part of the immigration, no false representation was made at any stage.

I'm amazed that the forum has been so considerate to your position.

I wouldn't want to prejudge her, but you say she's 20 and had gone to Pattawa to work in a bar, and is from Nakohn Ratchasima.

What did she do in the bar? Nothing wrong with whatever it was; but are you ok with the possibility that she will move back to work in Pattaya, the other 44 weeks of the year.?

Ask yourself what is it that you really want?

Is it to spend 300,000 baht/ year for as long as you continue to live in the UK, so that you have this particular beauty waiting for you to come on holiday ?

I do think the best advice offered here is that you fly back to meet her, rather than the other way round. Then you have a chance to get to know her, meet her friends and family and take it from there. I have a Swedish friend, Thai gf working in an insurance co for several years. They've got a visa into the EU. But the UK visa application has been pending, for 8 months now.

I have to admit after knowing my Girlfriiend for a few weeks the thought entered my head about taking her to the UK even to the extent of going to the Passport office in Bangkok, twice, it was just after the time when they had all been closed. In the end I gave up as there were hundreds waiting. Two years down the line I have my 'sensible head' on still with the same lady. I look after her, feed cloth etc and give her money for the Market on a Friday for herself. Why on earth do farangs 'fork out' thousands on a monthly basis,

My advice would be stop the money, leave it for a few months and see how the relationship developes from there. If I was an Embassy employee as soon as I seen her age your age, where she had worked it would even have been considered.

I find it very difficult to take this post serious, 5 week relationship, 28000 baht a month !

• Like 1

Rightly or wrongly, the U.K is very tight on applications from Thailand, obviously based on bad track records in many cases. This even applies to a person who can satisfy all normal requirements, such as having a well paid job in LOS, children living there and in full time education, property, cars and every reason to need to return. Just bide your time as many posts

have suggested, visit Thailand more often, and think with your head rather than other parts of your anatomy !

• Like 1

In America, she be automatically refused because she worked in a bar. I have known several Americans who tried.

But my friend, you have much more serious problems already mentioned. Met young thai gf in Pattaya bar, only known her 6 months and been with her 5 weeks, you send her money from your country and she has access to your ATM. congratulations, you have broken every rule in the book! You are an emotionaland and financial tragedy waiting to happen. Good luck to sir as you will definitely need it.

• Like 1

In America, she be automatically refused because she worked in a bar. I have known several Americans who tried.

But my friend, you have much more serious problems already mentioned. Met young thai gf in Pattaya bar, only known her 6 months and been with her 5 weeks, you send her money from your country and she has access to your ATM. congratulations, you have broken every rule in the book! You are an emotionaland and financial tragedy waiting to happen. Good luck to sir as you will definitely need it.

• Like 2

I wish you both good luck in your endeavors to be together in the UK....just a thought, maybe an agency dealing in these matters might have better success.

Good idea, but only once the OP's girlfriend brings a more verifiable and stable lifestyle to the table.

As it stands, the best of agents wouldn't be able to turn this one around.

I will tell you why you not get your visa because you told the truth to them that is why and they think you will take her back to your home and put her on the game as a hooker it happens all the time the same trying to get a thai in to Australia.

I know you not going to do it but that is how they think because to many man do it .

And I would just say this to you not care if you not take it on board but to send a thai 29,000 thai bht a month is just very stupid money ok she is playing you ok not sure what you know about Thais that come from a bar or just come from a village but that type of money is dum shit so up to you but the first thing I would do is try again in 6 months and if you want to send money to her good on you but not that type of money more like 15,000 thai bht a month cheers hop it all works out for you M&M

Immigration is in my opinion absolutely correct to reject your application. Almost all their reasons are correct. Not in order but seriously you just haven't know her long enough. While they never state a minimum.time 6 ,months is cutting it to minimum. Hello bells you have spent 5 weeks with her.

You need to put it on backburner. Try and come to Thailand again. Her work gig to me is not convincing.

She needs show "compelling reason to return to Thailand" ,She has not. There are other ways to demonstrate this. You did not state your ages. Where you met etc. Does she have any travel history. More info will assist members to advise you. Important thing is never give misleading info to immigration.

Unless she has a guarantee that she will return to Thailand when the visit is over, like owning a property or having a permanent job, there is no way they will issue a visa.

JAFO hit the nail on the head.

You need to forget it for now.

Your case is similar to mine with my ex wife over 10 years ago. Hers was refused at first as She had no reason to return to Thailand. However in my case I was living in Thailand and the trip to the UK was purely to visit my family. After an interview she got the visa on the gurantee that I brought her back to Thailand, which ofcourse I did.

In your case, theres no reason for her to return hence the refusal.

Do Yourself a favour and contact Paul or Tony at thai visa express ! ! !

After 2 Years of problems Trying to get Visa for My Wife I Finally contacted them and They got decision over turned within 3 weeks .

They are Professionals and Experts at what They do and unlike most are not out to rip You off .

Search on here You will fond there details and many many positive remarks about them .

• Like 1

Evidence of sending your g/f money to Thailand will not get you a visa, they're only interested in how you can support her whilst she is in the UK -- the big thing is that she ' will not become a burden on the UK social security system '.

Get a quote from BUPA which would be in place for the duration of her visit. You can get BUPA gold for a month.

Unlikely at the age of 20, but if your g/f has any kind of government employee loan still outstanding ( or maybe even a guarantor for one ) this will also get your visa application refused -- and they may not even tell you why. Any government loan has to be paid up before a positive decision will be given.

Don't appeal, this will take ages and further visa applications during an appeal will be refused. Just take it on the chin and get HISTORY of your relationship as evidence to support any future application.

As other posters have mentioned, the hardest part of the application by far is proving that the lady will leave the UK before expiration of her visa. When I first applied for a visa for my wife eight years ago, I dredged up everything I could think of. Translated letter from the director of the school where my wife taught to say her job was kept open, letter from the puu yai ban stating that it was only with her support that her elderly parents could keep their farm going, (not exactly true, but only cost me a couple of bottles of Hong Thong.) and a letter from my MP on Commons notepaper asking that the application be viewed favourably. It's not only in Thailand that beaurocrats kow tow to a bit of authority.

Have your GF open a bank account, and send her money by TT, then you have a paper trail. Find out which Thai bank your UK bank deals with through SWIFT, and open her account there.

The above might not help, but all the best.

I don't disagree that they were correct to reject the decision and do not contest it. I merely seek to prepare a better application next time.

To add more info, I am 33 she is 20. We met in Pattaya, she worked in a bar. She has a little travel history as went to Singapore together in August 2015. She now lives in Nakhon Ratchasima with her family.

We declared all the above as part of the immigration, no false representation was made at any stage.

I'm a little surprised that you managed to get her into Singapore. They're pretty tough on Thai females these days. But let's face it, she's not your girlfriend. You simply want to bring a Thai hooker into the UK and they're not having it. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

• Like 2

I'm a little surprised that you managed to get her into Singapore. They're pretty tough on Thai females these days. But let's face it, she's not your girlfriend. You simply want to bring a Thai hooker into the UK and they're not having it. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

I was trying to say that in a different way.......whistling.gif

• Like 2

28k a month eh..... wow pays better than working in a bank and that kind of money up in Nakon Nowhere she must be strutting like a peacock, bet her Mum and 'brother' rolleyes.gif are loving life cheesy.gif

as far as the visa is concerned, use and agency and pay the money.... it's only money rightthumbsup.gif

• Like 2

its not easy to get anybody in to the uk....took my 3 attempts to get my wife over to the uk and we had lived together for years in thailand...got 3 friends here in the jungle who have given up with the ideas of getting their wives to the uk....they all have good jobs back in the UK , houses paid for, money in the bank etc and they have all been turned down in the last couple of years....whilst in the UK Myself and wife and we were both working full time tried to bring my 15 step son to the uk for a months holiday during the school holiday and he was turned down saying they ( the uk Embassy) feared for his safty whilst he would be in the UK....

My tuppence worth......not sure how much the application process has changed but the 28K per month she gets as income from yourself is a bit of a misnomer. First if you continue to give her money is this way it needs to be on a regular basis i.e. 15th of every month via direct debit, s/o or bank transfer from your bank to her bank... no cash involved. What the ECO wants to see is the money leaving your account and going to her account on bonafide bank statements at a regular period over a period of time i.e. typically 12 months worth of statements.

Secondly I'm assuming if you can afford to send your gf 28K per month you are a person who is self sufficient and has a regular income that can allow you to do this. When I applied for my gf to come to the UK in Dec 2011 she did not earn any money and I provided her with no money except when I went over to Thailand. She came over on a Visitor visa and all the onus of support and proof that she would not be a burden on the UK social/benefits system etc... was put on me to prove in the Visa application, to show that I would be able to support her whilst she was in the UK. I had to show proof of air ticket (return) that I had purchased for her, 12 months bank statements showing income and savings to prove that I could support her whilst she was in the UK, proof of address where she would be staying and that it was suitable to accommodate her etc....

She passed her application that time and she stayed with me in the UK for the duration of the visa - 6 months. At the end of the

6 months we both went back to Thailand to apply for a marriage visa and she subsequently got refused as her name was on my council tax bill, which was required in the UK so that we could apply for a marriage licence in the UK. So whilst satisfying one branch of the government (local council) it was not suitable for her visa application with a different branch of the government.

So bottom line is take in all the various valid points and guidance given in the various posts to your question and if you have any doubt at all, go and seek professional help in completing the application. This will cost you money, but if you choose this route ensure you get the "right" support and it will tip the scales into your gf's balance of passing.

Good luck

• Like 1

its not easy to get anybody in to the uk....took my 3 attempts to get my wife over to the uk and we had lived together for years in thailand...got 3 friends here in the jungle who have given up with the ideas of getting their wives to the uk....they all have good jobs back in the UK , houses paid for, money in the bank etc and they have all been turned down in the last couple of years....whilst in the UK Myself and wife and we were both working full time tried to bring my 15 step son to the uk for a months holiday during the school holiday and he was turned down saying they ( the uk Embassy) feared for his safty whilst he would be in the UK....

I found this comment and others about the difficulty of getting Thai wives to the UK interesting. Americans may not be able to get tourist visas for sex-workers but if one is married, if the basic paperwork is in order, a visa for travel or settlement will always be granted.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya