I Got Retirement Visa Thks To Thai Visa

Armed with the printout of members post (Express Lane to Retirement Visa in Pattya) I then proceede with:

Step 1 get medical certificate (Phayathai Hosp. #1 charged three hundred baht.

Step 2 get letter from U.S.Embassy for declaration of income, must be at least 65.000 baht.

Step 3 this is where i got fouled up you must have money in Thai Bank no matter what your monthly income from pension but it is okay to have only 1000 baht in bank if you satisfy 65000 baht income requirement.

Step 4 get letter from bank guaranteeing money in bank (Siam Commercial Bank) charged 200 baht for letter saying you have thousand baht in bank.

Step 5 you need to have 2 copies of your passbook page showing name and account and 2 copies of the balance page.

Step 6 fill out form TM. 8.

Step 7 fill out TM.7

Step 8 take forms to immigration you will also need 2 passport photos and pay 1900 baht for form TM.8 and 2000 baht for TM. 7. good luck should not be a problem if you get all the neccessary documentation.

Step 7 fill out TM.7

Step 8 take forms to immigration you will also need 2 passport photos and pay 1900 baht for form TM.8 and 2000 baht for TM. 7.

Your report confirms how simple and straightforward it is to get an extension of permission to stay based on retirement.

Based on the fees you paid it seems you got a form name wrong:

TM.86 for change of visa, fee 2,000 Baht

TM.7 for extension of stay, fee 1,900 Baht

Let me add that if you wish to travel abroad during the period of your permitted stay, you use TM.7 to get a re-entry permit, fee 1,000 Baht for a single re-entry, 3’800 Baht for multiple re-entries.

All necessary forms can be viewed and/or downloaded here, courtesy of ThaiVisa.

---------------

Maestro

Armed with the printout of members post (Express Lane to Retirement Visa in Pattya) I then proceede with:

Step 2 get letter from U.S.Embassy for declaration of income, must be at least 65.000 baht.

Step 3 this is where i got fouled up you must have money in Thai Bank no matter what your monthly income from pension but it is okay to have only 1000 baht in bank if you satisfy 65000 baht income requirement.

Step 4 get letter from bank guaranteeing money in bank (Siam Commercial Bank) charged 200 baht for letter saying you have thousand baht in bank.

Step 5 you need to have 2 copies of your passbook page showing name and account and 2 copies of the balance page.

Step 7 fill out TM.7

Step 8 take forms to immigration you will also need 2 passport photos and pay 1900 baht for form TM.8 and 2000 baht for TM. 7. good luck should not be a problem if you get all the neccessary documentation.

Just for info, the TM.8 form is actually for a re-entry permit and you probably meant a TM 86 (as maestro mentioned) for change of visa status, but I doubt that minor detail will bother you... :D

Congratulations! :o

I got two original bank guarantee letters from my Siam Commercial Bank branch for B100. I guess there's a lot of inconsistency in ALL areas.

Step 7 fill out TM.7

Just for info, the TM.8 form is actually for a re-entry permit and you probably meant a TM 86 (as maestro mentioned) for change of visa status, but I doubt that minor detail will bother you... :D

Congratulations! :o

I too had no problems changing from tourist to O then to retirement, armed with everything as advised by wpcoe, thanks mate :D

I got two original bank guarantee letters from my Siam Commercial Bank branch for B100. I guess there's a lot of inconsistency in ALL areas.

There is definite inconsistency I did not mention problem at bank a forigner should have resided in Thailand for at least 90 days or you are required to go to Chief of Police for criminal record check. Here is the curious thing I asked if there was some way for me to get around this requirement and the girl at bank said yes if bought a life insurance (accidental death only) $1,000,000.000 dollars worth for 900 baht it would be okay needless to say i now have a accidental life insurance policy. If anybody can elaborate on this would appreciate it

There is definite inconsistency I did not mention problem at bank a forigner should have resided in Thailand for at least 90 days or you are required to go to Chief of Police for criminal record check. Here is the curious thing I asked if there was some way for me to get around this requirement and the girl at bank said yes if bought a life insurance (accidental death only) $1,000,000.000 dollars worth for 900 baht it would be okay needless to say i now have a accidental life insurance policy. If anybody can elaborate on this would appreciate it
That is very peculiar, indeed.

When I opened my SCB savings account in Bangkok about two years ago, nothing of the sort was required. I was "visiting" Thailand on 30-day passport stamps at the time.

A few months ago when I went to a Jomtien SCB branch to withdraw money (also "visiting" on 30-day passport stamps), the branch manager suggested I open an account in their branch to avoid having to pay a transaction charge every time I withdrew money since it was out of province.

Never a criminal check nor insurance policy even hinted at, nor any 90-day residency. Just a photocopy of my passport. At SCB.

I'll be applying in Jan. when we go for good

Already have a bank account there, pay the house bills from it etc.

Thought that you needed a criminal record check done in the UK..is that not still the case please?

I'll be applying in Jan. when we go for good

Already have a bank account there, pay the house bills from it etc.

Thought that you needed a criminal record check done in the UK..is that not still the case please?

If you apply in the UK you will need the police check. If you do at immigration in Thailand you will not.

Hi All,

Where can I find "Express Lane to Retirement Visa in Pattya"

thanks in advance.

Edited to say: Sorry, hope you don't think I was being rude, such and abrupt post demanding information, without even an introduction. I just started to post, then realized that I was burning lunch.

My partner and I expecting to be able to come out to Thailand in about 3 months.

So far I have done nothing about visas as we are British living in France, we don’t really want to have to go back to the UK before coming to Thailand, is it possible to apply for retirement visas once there?

Edited by valia

Yes you can apply for an extension of stay for retirement here in Thailand. If you can obtain a non immigrant visa prior to entry you will save a step and 2,000 baht but if not come on a real tourist visa. Very easy process.

Yes you can apply for an extension of stay for retirement here in Thailand. If you can obtain a non immigrant visa prior to entry you will save a step and 2,000 baht but if not come on a real tourist visa. Very easy process.

Thanks lopburi3, that's great, you don't happen to know where I can find that post:

"Express Lane to Retirement Visa in Pattya" ?

I have tried the search, but it doesn't come up.

I believe it was just a record of the process just as the OP in this thread made. There is no physical express lane if that is what you are thinking.

Ha ha, no I don't imagine there is, :o

robbie22 said he was armed with a print out of another members post "Express Lane to Retirement Visa in Pattya" I have been searching for that post and presumed it was on the forum.

robbie22 said he was armed with a print out of another members post "Express Lane to Retirement Visa in Pattya" I have been searching for that post and presumed it was on the forum.

That would be wpcoe's website, which he linked in a post here on TV:

WPCOE's Website

Specifically, he converted a 30-day stamp into a Non Imm O visa, into a retirement extension, using a TM.87 form (one poster had scuttlebutt this was only temporary, however). A procedure that is not likely to go away, however, is converting a tourist visa into a Non Imm O, into a retirement (or support) extension, using a TM.86 form.

Recommend wpcoe's website be pinned once the scuttlebutt is proven baloney.

It is possible that Robbie remembered that thread’s title wrong and really meant this post.

---------------

Maestro

Dear oh dear, how I managed to read this entire thread not taking in a single word and burn the lunch at the same time, I don’t know but I did.

Sorry about that, I promise not to post in future without making absolutely sure I have my head on. :o

I'm 54 and work for an American company all over Asia, and I "rest" between trips in Bangkok. I transfer over 65,000 baht per month from my US bank to a TFB account.

Fearful of being denied another visa-on-arrival, I just tried to get a non-Immigrant visa in Singapore so I could apply for a retirement visa. The officer said I could not get a retirement visa unless I was actually retired, so she wouldn't take my application for a non-Imm visa. So I got a 60-day tourist visa instead (at least I can come back).

Although there is nothing I can find in the law that says this, she said the letter from the Embassy declares whether I am retired or not (though how they know that is beyond me), and the Thai Immigratiin can always double-check with my Embassy to verify. Does anybody know differently?

Thanks.

I'm 54 and work for an American company all over Asia, and I "rest" between trips in Bangkok. I transfer over 65,000 baht per month from my US bank to a TFB account.

Fearful of being denied another visa-on-arrival, I just tried to get a non-Immigrant visa in Singapore so I could apply for a retirement visa. The officer said I could not get a retirement visa unless I was actually retired, so she wouldn't take my application for a non-Imm visa. So I got a 60-day tourist visa instead (at least I can come back).

Although there is nothing I can find in the law that says this, she said the letter from the Embassy declares whether I am retired or not (though how they know that is beyond me), and the Thai Immigratiin can always double-check with my Embassy to verify. Does anybody know differently?

Thanks.

BKKJohn, I was in *exactly* the same situation as you, and converted my 30-day passport stamp to a retirement visa. "Rumor had it" that starting October 1 you would no longer be able to convert the 30-day passport stamp, but you DEFINITELY can still convert your Tourist Visa to a retirement visa, while you are still working. What they do NOT want (and will not permit) is for you to be working IN THAILAND.

PS: I sent you a PM (check your ThaiVisa.com control panel)

"Does anybody know differently?"

use an agent, pay a moderate fee and live happily and hassle free ever after. got a retirement visa, got it renewed, have multiple exit/reentry, fulfill my mandatory "report" every 90 days but never saw an immigration office® myself (except the building from the outside when passing by).

:o

Maestro,

Based on the info and the steps provided for the retirement visa, said person must also be the age of 50 or greater. Correct? or is this somtimes waived if they have a retirement income and even a small amount of $ in the bank? I am retired military and have the monthly income, but I am not 50 years old yet.

Maestro,

I have a question for you. I am retired from the military and have the required income (monthly). I have a bank account in Thailand, with a minimal amount. However, I am only 43 years old. Has immigration ever been courteous enough to someone if they meet all but the age requirement?

Thank you.

Age 50 is firm.

Thanks. So, would I still be able to get a non immigrant O visa? Or, worse case, I should be able to do the border run 3 times then fly to Singapore,etc, and receive a 60 or 90 day tourist visa? If so, I would be able to do the 3 times back at the border correct? I have an aprtment and ONE Thai lady there for last three years.

Do not believe you will obtain a non immigrant O visa anywhere in the immediate area. Perhaps your home country?

The visa/border runs are possiable but some local Consulates seem to limit the issuence of visas so not sure how viable it will be in the long run. Believe it will remain an option for travel/return from home country however.

Do not believe you will obtain a non immigrant O visa anywhere in the immediate area. Perhaps your home country?

The visa/border runs are possiable but some local Consulates seem to limit the issuence of visas so not sure how viable it will be in the long run. Believe it will remain an option for travel/return from home country however.

Thanks. I have been away from my home country for 9 years (6 due to active duty military) and 3 because I received residency in Japan (although most of that time has been in Thailand). I will check while I am here in Japan to see what can be done. Doesn't make alot of sense to have to spend thousands to fly back as long as I don't acquire a visa at a different country vice the border countries. Thanks again.

Re the 65,000 baht requirement on income and with the constant devaluation of the dollar, I am getting closer to the bottom limit. I wonder if the folks at the embassy are going to check you out to the penny and possibly disqualify you should it fall slightly below

Any thoughts or real info on this??

For retirement I believe you can still use a total of bank deposit and pension so your pension does not have to be 65k - you just keep the difference on deposit in your bank account so that the total amounts to the 800k or more. So income of 50k x 12 = 600k + 200k in bank should work.

• 2 weeks later...
It is possible that Robbie remembered that thread’s title wrong and really meant this post.

---------------

Maestro

Sorry to everyone if I confused some people on my post Fast lane to Retirement I did use wpcoe post as stated here will definitly get facts correct next time Sincerly

Thanks.

Hi.

I got a Non-Imm O visa for 90 days from Singapore Embassy (2 years ago). I only showed them a copy of a bank balance (over 800K not in Thailand) and stated I want to retire.

After being in Thailand i extended based on 800K + in Thai bank and med cert.

Later i will go the embassy letter way.

there is no need to tell or for them to know if you are a real retired (meaning not working) as the letter on income states your regular income does not state/confirm you are a retiree.

I am still working but have regular income verified by my embassy which the Thai immigration includes in the calculation of the total income 'for retirement' needed to extend one year.

They still require the bank statement letter though even the balance can be below 800k but must be enough to total 800k with the income total.