Police to summon 24 celebrities as outcry rages over beer photos

Lite Beer

What a joke! Ok, they are famous but they are taking pictures of themselves and some pictures include a drinks name. Are they actually putting a msg on saying drink Chang/leo/singha? Talk about trying to control everyone's lives. They are also wearing brand name clothes, is that a crime also?

Yes this is lunacy gone-to-seed! Don't get caught in a picture with brand name sun glasses, watch, or even driving in your "branded" car either!

Geez, these clowns need a wake-up-call!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it. They have been doing this for years. They are paid by sponsors. It is a job and a career. Am I missing something here or should I just not try to understand this society? blink.png

I hope they don't ban the cute girls in the Heineken dresses... That would really be terrible.. sad.png

terrible..???... that would be a severe breach of our rights and we would have to jump up and down and vociferously demand retribution

now where could we do that I wonder - oh I know right here because this is the internet and everyone pays attention to what goes down here lol

...and next time, one of these "celebrities" is coked out of their eyeballs or drunk beyond anything and kills someone in ...let's say a carcrash, they can still go home, claiming that they are too stressed right now, to go to the police- station and take a bloodtest!?

Pathetic!

Their actions were inappropriate for people of public standing, he said. Police would ask the stars what their motivation was behind such posts, in order to enforce the law - not to bully or pick faults with them.

I am sure anyone who has ever been the victim of a shake down compliments of the RTP would think that qualified as actions that were inappropriate as well. whistling.gif

My wife hates them and whenever she gets pulled up by them she abuses them for "extracting" money from poor, hardworking Thai people.

Somehow she gets away with it.

The sky is falling. It seems outrage is a word with high inflation.

Not to mention the fact that the youth that supposedly is being protected by this law, has plenty of role models very close to home that has a much higher probability to influence said youth when it comes to alcohol consumption than these 24 celebs on social media.

What a joke! Ok, they are famous but they are taking pictures of themselves and some pictures include a drinks name. Are they actually putting a msg on saying drink Chang/leo/singha? Talk about trying to one's lives. They are also wearing brand name clothes, is that a crime also?

Come on, you know that some celebrities make money out of advertising certain products. Alcohol, whilst you may admit it or not, is a drug, and it is illegal in some ways, to advertise it in many countries, including Thailand. What, some of these so called stars, superstar, famous people or whatever name you wish to describe them are doing, is making money by subtly advertising an illegal substance. They do this by being photographed holding the substance, such sending out the message that it's good for them to use, hence it will be good for any budding superstar to use also. Yes, they do it with brand name clothes also, but clothes are not considered an addictive drug. So if saving peoples health and lives, especially young gullible people, is considered by you as trying to control our lives, then I strongly suggest you revaluate your judgement.

Edited by mankondang

What a joke! Ok, they are famous but they are taking pictures of themselves and some pictures include a drinks name. Are they actually putting a msg on saying drink Chang/leo/singha? Talk about trying to one's lives. They are also wearing brand name clothes, is that a crime also?

Come on, you know that some celebrities make money out of advertising certain products. Alcohol, whilst you may admit it or not, is a drug, and it is illegal in some ways, to advertise it in many countries, including Thailand. What, some of these so called stars, superstar, famous people or whatever name you wish to describe them are doing, is making money by subtly advertising an illegal substance. They do this by being photographed holding the substance, such sending out the message that it's good for them to use, hence it will be good for any budding superstar to use also. Yes, they do it with brand name clothes also, but clothes are not considered an addictive drug. So if saving peoples health and lives, especially young gullible people, is considered by you as trying to control our lives, then I strongly suggest you revaluate your judgement.

Since when is alcohol an illegal substance in Thailand ?

While the world...and Thailand...is going to hell in a hand-basket...clever Thai officials raising an outcry...being outraged...over photos of celebrities drinking beer...

OMG...could they have been paid to display these pictures?

Surely, 15 years in prison is in order here...while real Thai criminals...some of which work for the government...are free to continue bilking the public...

Edited by ggt

14 posts and nobody gets it.

Just as with the prohibitions on tobacco advertising in many countries, Thailand has a prohibition on alcohol advertising. It's not all that draconian. Actually, many Western countries could do with less influencing young drinkers through media advertising.

It is obvious that the beer company has breached this prohibition via celebrity social media.

The authorities are not cracking down on beer. They are enforcing a law that has existed for a long time.

Did the celebs knowingly break the law? Possibly not. Did the beer company knowingly break the law? Probably.

It was a clever idea, and would have worked, IF they didn't get 24 celebs simultaneously....that made it obvious that it was an intentional campaign.

It's about priorities.There is plenty of crime in Thailand for the RTP to deal with, but it involves work, or the offenders are Hi So, or their own superior officers. The pay is shit, so keep your nose clean and concentrate on celebs advertising beer, or shops selling penis shaped soap.

What hypocrates! What about the BIB and politicians standing directly in front of the SUCKERS go go bar sign the other week for a photo opportunity. Did they receive any money for the advertising? Are they going to be called in for "please explain"? They are so double standard unless it involves money then there is only one standard. GIVE IT TO ME

From 12am to 11am and 2pm to 5pm every day ;). It is a controlled substance which makes it illegal in some ways.

The law is stupid, but his point about the law actually makes sense.

From 12am to 11am and 2pm to 5pm every day wink.png. It is a controlled substance which makes it illegal in some ways.

The law is stupid, but his point about the law actually makes sense.

There is a restriction of sales of alcohol during those times, it doesn't suddenly make alcohol illegal. I could legally drink it any time of the day.

And of course the law is circumvented right left and center. Any mom and pop shop will happily sell you alcohol even during those times, and for some an exception is made when you buy in bulk :)

Just as with the prohibitions on tobacco advertising in many countries, Thailand has a prohibition on alcohol advertising. It's not all that draconian. Actually, many Western countries could do with less influencing young drinkers through media advertising.

It is obvious that the beer company has breached this prohibition via celebrity social media.

The authorities are not cracking down on beer. They are enforcing a law that has existed for a long time.

Did the celebs knowingly break the law? Possibly not. Did the beer company knowingly break the law? Probably.

It was a clever idea, and would have worked, IF they didn't get 24 celebs simultaneously....that made it obvious that it was an intentional campaign.

It's about priorities.There is plenty of crime in Thailand for the RTP to deal with, but it involves work, or the offenders are Hi So, or their own superior officers. The pay is shit, so keep your nose clean and concentrate on celebs advertising beer, or shops selling penis shaped soap.

penis shaped soap !!!

Don't know how I would go washing myself with one of those bad boys ! Imagine washing your face, or your bum..................clap2.gif

• 3 weeks later...

What a joke! Ok, they are famous but they are taking pictures of themselves and some pictures include a drinks name. Are they actually putting a msg on saying drink Chang/leo/singha? Talk about trying to control everyone's lives. They are also wearing brand name clothes, is that a crime also?

They got paid from the beer company to make selfies.

And the clown circus continues.

I'll drink to that..burp.gifburp.gifburp.gifdrunk.gif

I notice these icons green 'Heineken' bottles are way smaller than the brown 'Leo' ones, such realism!

here are a few more Hogarthian icons as I sip my cold suds (I can't afford beer so washing up liquid will have to do).

sick.gifermm.gifsaai.gifwacko.pngdry.pngmfr_closed1.gifshock1.gifpost-4641-1156694005.gifintheclub.gif

penis shaped soap !!!

Don't know how I would go washing myself with one of those bad boys ! Imagine washing your face, or your bum..................clap2.gif

Or delinquent yoof taking nude selfies at country road signs up north. It's the end of the world as they know it! Send for backup! Where are the forensics guys? There must be a pube at the scene that will bring these monsters to book!

Sometimes Thailand resembles a huge Monty Python sketch, replete with stern military men trying to turn off the cameras.

They could just add those silly noises they have on local TV slapstick shows into the news bulletins here, sell it to HBO, and John Oliver would be out of a Job in a week.