Affirmation of marriage- wife's name spelt wrong

johninbkk71

Hi,

Got the translation and got it approved. My girlfriend has now noticed a spelling mistake with her name. Then she noticed it said November we were planning October.

Are these problems. Need to go and correct.

My girlfriend's friend works in an amphur office and says no problem. Just make sure we correct on the forms. No ever reads the translation beyond my name and passport number.

Hi,

Got the translation and got it approved. My girlfriend has now noticed a spelling mistake with her name. Then she noticed it said November we were planning October.

My girlfriend's friend works in an amphur office and says no problem. Just make sure we correct on the forms. No ever reads the translation beyond my name and passport number.

The October/November thing is no issue. The incorrect spelling? It might be an issue, it might not. It depends on the officer on the day. There really is no way of knowing.

If you don't have to get married on a specific day then give it a go.

The district office will mostly look at her ID card anyway.

I went yesterday to my ambassy in Bangkok to get the intention of marriage papers done. When I was at the counter they asked for a copy of the ID or passport of my future wife. I didn't have that with me. But opposite of the ambassy I could download a copy of her ID as I have everything stored online. But when I was at the ambassy I noticed my mistake: it was a copy of her old ID with her name misspelled.

Anyway, I told the lady at the counter to use the correct spelling and in the end she used the spelling I gave to her... it was just one letter....

Maybe these kind of mistakes happen too often to be bothered with. And I think that in the end her Thai name - written in Thai is more important...

Hi,

The October/November thing is no issue. The incorrect spelling? It might be an issue, it might not. It depends on the officer on the day. There really is no way of knowing.

My wife's first name is spelled incorrect;y in her passport.....which makes it a man's name rather than a woman's.....it has never been a problem, even when travelling abroad, as long as she fills in all forms using the same spelling....(and no, I have never received any "raised eyebrows" from counter staff, 555)

Hi,

My wife's first name is spelled incorrect;y in her passport.....which makes it a man's name rather than a woman's.....it has never been a problem, even when travelling abroad, as long as she fills in all forms using the same spelling....(and no, I have never received any "raised eyebrows" from counter staff, 555)

No disrespect or insinuations intended, purely in the spirit of fun ... man's name, huh? ...Did you meet "her" before or after the operation?

Hi,

No disrespect or insinuations intended, purely in the spirit of fun ... man's name, huh? ...Did you meet "her" before or after the operation?

After the operation to be exact.

When i got my Thai driving license, the locals all inspected the

piece of plastic with many giggles, i asked, why they laugh, they

told me, the translation of my name sounds like ''man hung like

elephant'' which made me proud until the old lady says no no no

not ''man hung like elephant'' but ''man hanging like monkey'' I

like the first one better. You figure.

• 2 months later...

My Affirmation to Marry from the UK Embassy in Bangkok has two spelling mistakes in it (THAILNAD instead of THAILAND and CHAING MAI instead of CHIANG MAI), both my errors on the original form.

If this is corrected at the translation office will it be picked up at the Ministry or the Amphur Office do you think?

Many thanks.