Options for Special needs children in Pattaya

MrPlumbs

My 5 year old daughter is quite high on the Autistic Spectrum (80% or so) and over the last few years I have

realised how difficult and expensive it can be here for parents with special needs kids. I Often wonder how Thai families can manage...

Anyway I have managed to locate some very good teachers, Schools and help for other parents and have listed below... you'll have to PM me for extra info...

Pattaya Autistic foundation - Soi Arunothai - Voluntary donations - will help with OT (Occupational Therapy) and ST (Speech Therapy)

Paidi school - Opposite Tara Pattana School - 800B/hr - OT/ST - opened recently - need to be regestered by Sri Racha or Sattahip Hospitals

Navy Wives Foundation Special needs school - on 331 toward Sattahip (Just before PTT) - Free - Full time program - 6 days a week

Sri Racha and Sattahip Hospitals will do OT and ST at about 900B/hr

Pattaya Shooting range and Adventure Park - Hippotherapy (Horseriding) - 50B a ride for registered special needs kids.

Sattahip Naval base have a horse riding centre with special needs facilities that is free - you need to be Thai to gain entry

on the more expensive side...

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital offer OT and ST at 1500B/hr

The Village International Special Needs school - Far side of Maprachan Lake - Full International staff with English speaking teachers - 180,000B per term.

I hope this is of help to someone... It has taken us a few years to find our way in Pattaya with our daughter... any parents with special needs kids who want to have a talk, PM me and we'll swap Tel. numbers.

P.s. We also have a few private teachers info that can come to your house for 1 hour sessions.

Edited by MrPlumbs

We live in Singapore at the moment.

She isn't in school, we are testing the water to see if she can settle ok before to commit to the school (horrendously expensive for an international special school here).

Daughter two is in school, again tremendous school fees.

Good on you