How younger people can stay (visa) longer in Thailand?

I'm 27yo and I'm self-employee (working at the internet).

I spent last 3 years in Thailand on Tourist Visa (double entry from Laos). But last time when I was aplying for visa I was told, that I'm abusing tourist visa system, which can lead to visa refusal in the future.

Now I'm back in Europe and I'm looking for a possibility, how to go back to Thailand.

Is there any better way (type of visa), how to stay in Thailand for longer period of time at my age?

• Like 1

• The elite visa which costs 500,000 thb for 5 years.
  • You shouldn't have a problem getting another tourist visa from your home country or another country neighbouring Thailand.
  • You won't be refused entry if holding a TR.
  • Set up a company so you can have a non 'B' visa and WP.
  • There are companies that will, for a fee, employ you and organise a work permit. (sorry I don't know much about them other than they are expensive)

Unfortunately Thailand doesn't want people your age living and working here illegally.

• Like 2

Another Option, which is not mention yet is:

- Investement Visa (10 Million baht investement which, as far i understand could be property (condo) or bank assets.

Unfortunatelly there aren't many information on this kind of visa..

• Like 1

- Investement Visa (10 Million baht investement which, as far i understand could be property (condo) or bank assets.

Information is easily available to those wealthy enough to seek it !

• Like 1

• You shouldn't have a problem getting another tourist visa from your home country or another country neighbouring Thailand.
  • There are companies that will, for a fee, employ you and organise a work permit. (sorry I don't know much about them other than they are expensive)
Unfortunately Thailand doesn't want people your age living and working here illegally.

Dont You mean FORTUNATELY..?.

Shut up grumpy pants smile.png

NO.... i get Grumpy and Hungry and its caused by Your Cornish Oggie.facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Someone said just yesterday that a condo isn't classed as an "investment" so you would need to sink 10 million into something else as well as buy a condo to qualify... Seems a bit expensive just to get a visa...

• Like 1

I hope the OP has fully understood the meaning of this sentence.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- This very morning (and this is not a joke), a fellow Farang, caught by working without a work-permit, had to settle the matter with "Local Authorities". This "settlement" cost him Bht 350.000.

Cheers.

Someone said just yesterday that a condo isn't classed as an "investment" so you would need to sink 10 million into something else as well as buy a condo to qualify... Seems a bit expensive just to get a visa...

I'm pretty sure that condo's qualify.

IMO it's not a good idea to do it just to get the visa, but if someone has decided to live and buy here they can get a visa/extension of stay off the back of it.

• Like 1

IMO it's not a good idea to do it just to get the visa, but if someone has decided to live and buy here they can get a visa/extension of stay off the back of it.

Ownership of property alone doesn't equal permission to live in it

I don't know anyone who ever got a visa for owning a condo, do you?

• Like 2

Sorry, but ownership does give the right to live in a property. It doesn't, however, give the right to stay in the country without permission.

No I don't. I think most of these people would qualify for extensions of stay for other reasons and probably don't need to tie their stay to their investments. But I can see it working for those that don't qualify for retirement extensions etc.

Sorry, but ownership does give the right to live in a property. It doesn't, however, give the right to stay in the country without permission.

No I don't. I think most of these people would qualify for extensions of stay for other reasons and probably don't need to tie their stay to their investments. But I can see it working for those that don't qualify for retirement extensions etc.

How would you live in your condo without permission to stay in Thailand?

It makes no sense unless you have another permit to be here like marriage or work etc

You should be working for the MAN for the next 30-years of your life.......retirement???? what about a medical fund???? emergency fund???? kid's college fund??? alimony fund???

and i better see work permit for legal working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha

coffee1.gif

Baby = Visa

You only need 9 months worth of visa runs.

Baby does NoT equal visa/extension of stay unless the legal father with sole custody or married to the Thai mother.

Then there is the need to have 400,000 Baht in a Thai Bank!

Edited by oncearugge
  • Like 2

No, it's simply not. That would be people working illegally dealing with customers in Thailand, such as tour guides. People that directly take work from Thai nationals.

If people earning income online were the target, they would be targeted. Given that the income is not sourced in Thailand, and removing people operating this manner can only possibly lead to a net loss in revenue for Thailand, why would they be a target?

I agree. If the person is working online or gets income from outside of Thailand, then I would like to think that somebody such as them that brings in money to the country, rents or owns a condo, spends money to live, food, shopping, entertainment, etc. should within reason be able to stay. Having said that, I also understand and respect that countries have immigration policies. That is their right, and I can understand if Thailand wanted to limit the number of foreigners that basically are moving to and living in Thailand. Staying long long time on tourist visas amounts to living in the country and that was never the intent of a tourist visa. Thailand does have provisions for long stays and they have been mentioned in other posts.

• Like 2

Well, this idea may cover that.