Celebrity beer kerfuffle resolved, says deputy Thai PM

webfact

Thank you to The Nation for teaching me a new word today: kerfuffle

Anyways, after this important piece of work by high officials receiving bribes and reminding everybody of this important law, they can now go back to ignoring crime and law enforcement.

Isn't it amazing how so many relatively minor issues have to be resolved at the highest levels of government ?

By the way has the Lottery been sorted out yet ?

The deputy PM didn't resolve this issue, he merely quoted on the outcome.

The lottery was sorted a few months ago, yes.

there are a few other strange these thai tabloids run off. but i know thai hiso are completly usless in this country. they will literally do ANYTHING for money, attention, or fb likes.

No difference then between the local "hisos" and those from your country.

I am sure this important man deputy prime minister AIR CHIEF marshall was told to keep himself busy with "kerfuffles".

A new buzz word to join crackdown, purge, hub etc in regular use I wonder ?

There's certainly no shortage of kerfuffles though.

LoS to become LoK ?

Edited by NongKhaiKid

A real win-win for everyone in this whole kerfuffle (almost).

The celebs get off with a warning, and Chang gets loads of free advertising, (and, dare I say it, some officials have probably received sufficient inducement to resolve the issue).

The only sour puss seems to be Dr Futrakul. Either he doesnt drink, or he didnt benefit from the resolution.

Seems the good doctor believes the celebs were guilty of yielding to commercial gain, and were trying to convince others directly or indirectly to drink the alcohol beverages.

Well, I dont think the celebs are the only ones guilty of yielding to commercial gain in Thailand, and I dont think Thai people need too much convincing when it comes to drinking.

In that context, I hope his statement that these actors, singers or athletes are like magnets for copy cats, is not an endorsement for fridge magnets?

Winston Churchill is supposed to have said there were two kinds of problem drinkers, those who drink too much and those who drink too little.

Wonder where the good doctor fits in ?

Adolf Hitler didn't drink alcohol.....Maybe if he would have had a nice relaxed beer sometimes he wouldn't got so angry.....

Ignorance of the law is usually no excuse

No, and it wasn't for the japanese restaurant owner taken to court for showing pictures of beer in his menu...as some will recall the case, maybe a year ago.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/818637-asiatique-restaurant-fined-bt460000-for-showing-beer-bottles-in-menus/page-7

Edited by Prbkk

I wonder if the three taxi drivers I saw at 6.15 today at the top of Udom Suk Road drinking beer on the forecourt of a petrol station are ignorant of the country's alcohol laws?

Looked like quite a party. I guess they won't be driving home or to work later...

This is nothing new or strange

I have often had a morning beer with bus, van and taxi drivers in the area near the petchburi airport link where they park their vehicles and rest/relax...

Some mornings they're are a crowd of 20 or more sitting around smoking and drinking beers and these are the drivers of passenger service vehicles parked on that strip...

I wonder if the three taxi drivers I saw at 6.15 today at the top of Udom Suk Road drinking beer on the forecourt of a petrol station are ignorant of the country's alcohol laws?

Looked like quite a party. I guess they won't be driving home or to work later...

This is nothing new or strange

I have often had a morning beer with bus, van and taxi drivers in the area near the petchburi airport link where they park their vehicles and rest/relax...

Some mornings they're are a crowd of 20 or more sitting around smoking and drinking beers and these are the drivers of passenger service vehicles parked on that strip...

You sound like a quality tourist!

Without reading anthing past the subject I have to ask...........Is KERFUFFLE a real word?? Maybe not in the American Dictionary.........clap2.gif

America has a dictionary ? Yes it is a real word according to the Cambridge dictionary, Kerfuffle = noise, excitement and argument.