Philippines verifying reports of MH-370 wreckage, human remains in Tawi-Tawi

webfact

Philippines verifying reports of MH-370 wreckage, human remains in Tawi-Tawi

mh370-copy-wpcf_728x413.jpg

MANILA: -- The Philippine military on Monday said it is verifying a report that the ill-fated Malaysian Airlines Flight MH-370 crashed off Ubian Island in Tawi-Tawi province, Manila Bulletin reported.

Unconfirmed reports claim that some bird hunters were able to locate plane parts and skeletal remains of passengers and crew members of the aircraft in a remote part of the island.

Naval Task Force 61 head Capt Giovanni Carlo Bacordo said a gunboat has been deployed off the island on Sunday to talk with fishermen and residents regarding the report.

He said even long-time residents of the island could not recall seeing or hearing reports of plane wreckage or human remains being found in the remote parts of their locality.

The crew is still in the area and conducting interviews with the residents.

The plane, a Boeing 777-200 aircraft coded as flight MH370, lost contact with the air traffic control in Kuala Lumpur 2:40 a.m. on March 8, 2014.

Flight MH370 left Kuala Lumpur 12:41 a.m. for Beijing, China. The flight was carrying 227 passengers, including two infants, and 12 crew members.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/philippines-verifying-reports-of-mh-370-wreckage-human-remains-in-tawi-tawi

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-10-13

About the thickest jungle you'd ever encounter is in the Phils.....

Possible a horizonal spin/stall or no fuel situation that wouldn't create jet engine noise on the way down? No fuel or fire - just impact ???

imagine if they actually find a black box or voice recorder. think this is the only one never found appart from the planes in the twin towers. (please correct me if i am wrong, but be polite about it if possible)

Not sure I understand what you mean. The "black box" is routinely found after an air crash, although some of course are never found.

The only connection is that a Malaysian flag was found in the wreckage of a crashed aircraft. No photos of the wreckage and no description of the size of the crashed aircraft. Of course it has to be investigated, but a connection with MH370 seems quite a long shot.

post-84786-0-27639300-1444727666_thumb.j

Edited by catterwell

imagine if they actually find a black box or voice recorder. think this is the only one never found appart from the planes in the twin towers. (please correct me if i am wrong, but be polite about it if possible)

Not sure I understand what you mean. The "black box" is routinely found after an air crash, although some of course are never found.

watched a doccumentary on black boxes that said they have found every black ox from every plane crash every crash except for the 9/11 tower crashes. true?

but the main point i was making is that finding the black box from the 370 plane dissapearance would answer alot of questions.

Airplanes have a tendency to fall out of the sky when over Indonesia. For a while there in the first decade of the 2000s there seemed to be a crash every few weeks. In the Indonesian press local airline crashes and even military flights would be reported but it seemed to get so commonplace that the international press wouldn't pick up on it if it wasn't an international flight. I was there in 2008 and it was big news a military copter crashed in the deep jungle, but didn't see mention of this on any of the usual international news websites.

Now the international press is going through this phase where any air disaster wreckage points back to MAL mystery flight. Catches eyeballs, I guess.

One Indonesian airline had a leaflet of prayers for passengers, for several religions. Funny, in a black humor sort of way.

Edited by bendejo

• 3 weeks later...

The Tawi-Tawi group of islands are very close to Indonesia - one of the closest points of contact between the Philippines and Indonesia.

There is another Tawi Tawi Island nearer to Mindanao, plus a town on Mindanao. These are both much more 'civilised', in that there are settled inhabitants and means of communication. The Tawi Tawi group to the West of these last two is very little settled, apart from indigenous tribes and fugitive rebel groups. (So you get shot or eaten if you land there smile.png ).

There are about twenty little islands, just a few acres each, and one large island. But all are covered in virtually impenetrable jungle.