New Thai Cell Phone Numbers With Extra 8

Qiixi

Im having some interesting resulte with the new "8" added to cell Phone number. I call and text from the states.

My GF has a DTAC phone.

Old Number

011+66+12345678

New Number

011+668+12345678

Since somewhere near September 1st, I started recieving texts from 011+668+12345678,

however I still have to send text to 011+66+12345678

I called her tonight with the 011+668+12345678

operator recording comes on with "number does not exist" message.

Called 011+66+12345678 and the number still works.

A little confusing but I finally figured it out. 8 on inbound messages but doesnt work on outbound.

Anyone else experincing this?

...I recieve text messages from Thailand starting with +44...

That is because the message broker hs not updated their records..... even though they have been told to.

Telephone companes use a borker for SMS, so it is not a problem with the phone company, rather the broker they pay to have the messages sent through.

This time it looks like the good old UK customer service.

...I recieve text messages from Thailand starting with +44...

That is because the message broker hs not updated their records..... even though they have been told to.

Telephone companes use a borker for SMS, so it is not a problem with the phone company, rather the broker they pay to have the messages sent through.

This time it looks like the good old UK customer service.

Sounds logical for the messaging side of things, However, when I call, I still have to call the old number to get through. "New Number does not exist" on voice calls

I updated all the (mobile) numbers in my mobiles phonebook at the begining of September and called a friend from my DTAC to their 1-2-call with no problem. On Saturday I tried to call the same number again and got the "this number has not yet been allocated" recording - I edited the 8 out of the number and called again.... straight through.... What is happening? :o

I called my GF's mobile from the UK this morning on the old number and sent a text 2 hours ago to the old number - both no problem.

But called just now to say goodnight and the old number just got an out of order tone twice. Tried the new number and got straight through!

I updated all the (mobile) numbers in my mobiles phonebook at the begining of September and called a friend from my DTAC to their 1-2-call with no problem. On Saturday I tried to call the same number again and got the "this number has not yet been allocated" recording - I edited the 8 out of the number and called again.... straight through.... What is happening? :o

I tried to download the DTAC application for symbian that's supposed to update all numbers - the website was there, the download link - only nothing there to download.

TIT - take it easy and do what any reasonable Thai would do: Wait until you have to update the number and do absolutely nothing before that. No need to rush things :D