Bangla club denounces security guard violence

webfact

Bangla club denounces security guard violence
The Phuket News

1444824781_1-org.jpg
Management at the White Room club, which has been ordered closed for seven days, said they deplored the violence shown by the security guards.

PHUKET: -- The management of the nightclub on Bangla Rd, Patong, where security guards were captured on video severely beating several Australian tourists has issued a statement deploring the incident.

he attack, which occurred around midnight on October 7, was captured on video by a bystander who later posted the disturbing footage on Facebook.

“We, the management of White Room Night Club, are shocked and upset by the violent incident,” said Ittipol Nguennuey, the manager of the club.

“We strongly reject all forms of violence and we are currently reviewing the necessary measures to ensure nothing like this will ever happen again.

“Needless to add, the culprits of this despicable act have had their employment at White Room immediately terminated,” he said.

The move restores some confidence in tourists’ security on the island’s busiest party street, though the White Room was ordered to close for seven days from last Saturday (Oct 10).

“The White Room has suffered financially from the order to close and it will have to work really hard to bring back its good reputation,” said Entertainment Business Association President Weerawit Kurasombat.

However, Mr Weerawit admitted that the incident has tarnished Phuket’s tourism reputation abroad.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/bangla-club-denounces-security-guard-violence-54542.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-10-15

'However, Mr Weerawit admitted that the incident has tarnished Phuket’s tourism reputation abroad.'

Ok ... next .........

tourist bashing ----- Done

jet ski's .....

tuk tuk mafia .....

taxi mafia ...

two tier pricing ...

corrupt lawyers ...

corrupt p----- ...

rioters .....

scamming tour operators ....

gigglem.gif

“Needless to add, the culprits of this despicable act have had their employment at White Room immediately terminated,” he said.

"The move restores some confidence in tourists’ security on the island’s busiest party street, though the White Room was ordered to close for seven days from last Saturday (Oct 10)."

This does nothing. How about arresting the "culprits" and charging them with assault inflicting grievous bodily harm?

I've been to Phuket as a tourist and also on business. Nothing will convince me to return - ever.

Oh yeah, last time it was interesting to listen the local workers speak. I happen to understand Thai to a level and what they spoke was something that most tourists would deplore...if not abhor...

I have read many comments on here about Thai men (like taxi drivers etc.,) "ganging" up on a lone foreigners in a fight and it being labeled a cowardly act,.. at least this time the odds were a bit more evenly balanced. It has been my experience that dealing with 5 or 6 young men who may well be intoxicated is not an easy task....but in this instance the security are still being labeled as in the wrong. Maybe so,...but it appears (as in many other instances) the foreigner again is viewed as always being "the unfortunate victim"? Sometimes it seems, some people will always be seen as in the wrong, no matter what the circumstances (or so it appears).

Edited by dotpoom

I've been to Phuket as a tourist and also on business. Nothing will convince me to return - ever.

Oh yeah, last time it was interesting to listen the local workers speak. I happen to understand Thai to a level and what they spoke was something that most tourists would deplore...if not abhor...

Fantastic. Which local workers are you referring to, the Isaan imports, or the Bumese and Nepalese? Can't really say there are many actual Phuket 2nd and 3rd generation families here that you would meet being a local worker, as their families have quite a bit of money and wouldn't be doing menial work.

Back on topic, amazing how White Room says the bad employees are out on the street without a job, while the local entertainment president says they are not. Who's telling porkies, the White Room, entertainment president, or perhaps both.................

The owners of that fine establishment the Bangla Club needn't worry that their business name hasn't been damaged from the recent physical activity, in the country from which the two involved were from, it hardly made the news , not that is surprising, the problem is that Thailand's reputation as a holiday destination that anything goes, precedes anything else , world wide news outlets are well versed in the goings on in Thailand from Trash to beautiful memories, it's all there in the LOS. coffee1.gif

I have read many comments on here about Thai men (like taxi drivers etc.,) "ganging" up on a lone foreigners in a fight and it being labeled a cowardly act,.. at least this time the odds were a bit more evenly balanced. It has been my experience that dealing with 5 or 6 young men who may well be intoxicated is not an easy task....but in this instance the security are still being labeled as in the wrong. Maybe so,...but it appears (as in many other instances) the foreigner again is viewed as always being "the unfortunate victim"? Sometimes it seems, some people will always be seen as in the wrong, no matter what the circumstances (or so it appears).

So you think 3 blokes down on the deck being kicked in the face and head by 5 boucers ok. If you are in the game you will realise how lucky they were to live after those blows to the head , they were out of the fight and the bouncers carried on kcking them in the face and , had good sport for them hey ? I hope they all die of very painful disease

Edited by This Thing of Darkness

I totally agree with you about Phuket. My last visit there was years ago and there will be no other. Same with Khrabi, especially Riley Beach, where the locals offered one of the most unfriendly, brutal and aggressive 'welcome' I have ever seen in this country. A paradise, yes ... but handled by buffalos (sorry buffalos, that's not nice for you, who are awesome and wonderful animals).

As for what you say about local workers and their comments, especially their comments about white visitors and residents, I'm sure you realize that :

- It's getting worse, and how surprising is that when 'authorities' (of all sides) encourage xenophobia, simply because accusing foreigners for local flaws is the oldest and easiest demagogy trick in the book (Europeans are good at that too).

- It's happening not only in Phuket but almost everywhere, and tourist destinations are on top of that list of course. Most Thais seem to assume that white people are too dumb to learn Thai, let alone understand Esarn, so one of the most popular games among locals is to throw aggressive remarks (preferably with a smile on their face) like "when will you go back to your country, you fat buffoon" ... and that's one of the mildest.

If all the white visitors did understand what is being thrown at them several times a day in Bangkok, Chiangmai, Pattaya, Phuket, Samui etc., I do believe that most of them would seriously consider leaving this country out of their next vacation plans and telling their friends back home to do the same.

HAHA

Yes the club did the right thing and it is true they pissed the bouncers off and lucky they did as I hurd a rumour and a reliable one they were going to get a kicking

I MUST SAY....... That City hall hot shot who said they not need be sacked should seek medical assistance and that boy could have had brain damage from the kicking while down..

In AUSTRALIA you have world champion boxer DANNY GREEN and his foundation COWARDS PUNCH. backed by AU governemnt

Here you have a top city hall Thai saying all is well.. he shgould be fired and book him to a seminar on peoples safety

A crim and standard here

hey good work WHITEROOM :)

I think the WHITEROOM management should be offered the CITY HALL hot shots job

What did the Thai say ...... NO NEED SACK THEM.......... They been warned LOL

JOKER

They should be jailed for attempted murder

Disgusting

The Whiteroom had more intelligence haha... They acted and I bet the Thai official made the clown haha

KARMA..............................................................

People who go to a bar or a disco go there to have a good time ! The first outfit in Pattaya to hire "Bouncers" was in Pattayaland 2, now called Soi 13/4, having around half a dozen gogo bars and owned by a diminutive american social misfit lawyer who strutted up and down the street with bodyguards on either side. Their behaviour was similar to that observed in Phuket, beating up customers for no good reason, and in a very short length of time all these bars went under. Not surprising really, and to be successful any sensible operator should hire people to ensure everyone has a good time, not have the c***p beaten out of them.

I understand what you mean but you are wrong. The bouncers are not customers, it is their job to handle drunk customers and keep their cool, even if they are provoqued and should be able to keep control of themselves even if they get roughed up.

Their mission is not to hit back but keep the peace. We know that a certain proportion of patrons are not easy when drunk, it is part of the job, afternall it is the nightlife venues who sell them the alcohol.

The bouncrrs duty in case of provocation is not retribution but cool handling of a difficult situation. Even with violent customers they have to control, diffuse the situation and not hit back, never, at worst call the police.

What we witness here is pure thug street fight with clients who dont seem to want to fight back. There is no professional justification for it and they all should go to jail for 1 to 3 months, even if they were provoqued, triple if they were not.

If I am out and about and I hear a Thai person speaking to or about me in a derogatory manner- with their big smile; I smile back and say in Thai how clear and sharp their Thai accent is. That usually gets the job done- they then slither away and I leave the premise, never to return Some of these people are parasites and will only learn when the customers stop coming and they go out of business.

While I generally agree that I do not care what anyone thinks about me or says per se; it is different when I am patronizing a business and spending my money in that business. As long as I am polite- I expect the people in that business to reciprocate, They don't have to kiss my rear; but I would not expect them to speak negatively to me or about me while in their presence. If they do- I shall respond in my own way, pay my bill and never come back. When enough people do this- they will get the hint and either change or go broke. Business is built on reputation and more people talk about negative situations than you would imagine.

dotpoom, on 15 Oct 2015 - 08:44, said:snapback.png

I understand what you mean but you are wrong. The bouncers are not customers, it is their job to handle drunk customers and keep their cool, even if they are prorogued and should be able to keep control of themselves even if they get roughed up.
Their mission is not to hit back but keep the peace. We know that a certain proportion of patrons are not easy when drunk, it is part of the job, after all it is the nightlife venues who sell them the alcohol.
The bouncers duty in case of provocation is not retribution but cool handling of a difficult situation. Even with violent customers they have to control, diffuse the situation and not hit back, never, at worst call the police.
What we witness here is pure thug street fight with clients who don't seem to want to fight back. There is no professional justification for it and they all should go to jail for 1 to 3 months, even if they were prorogued, triple if they were not.

I would not be able say that better : The security personnel are there to maintain order keep the situation under control, call the legal authorities in this case Tourist Police, and not starting pulling customers to the street and kick them in their face so they are needed medical care

Edited by metisdead
2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.

Posts containing derogatory generalizations and slurs toward Thais have been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

'However, Mr Weerawit admitted that the incident has tarnished Phuket’s tourism reputation abroad.'

Ok ... next .........

tourist bashing ----- Done

jet ski's .....

tuk tuk mafia .....

taxi mafia ...

two tier pricing ...

corrupt lawyers ...

corrupt p----- ...

rioters .....

scamming tour operators ....

gigglem.gif

Thats very polite of you and only the shortlist,

Perhaps rename night club to Black Room, nothing has changed in 10 years at Bangla Soi - i never returned to Phuket after going there a few times and seeing Falang get bottled in the Street and fighting and a poofter molesting a young Thai boy in our resort swimming pool

Lovely Place to stay away from.

I totally agree with you about Phuket. My last visit there was years ago and there will be no other. Same with Khrabi, especially Riley Beach, where the locals offered one of the most unfriendly, brutal and aggressive 'welcome' I have ever seen in this country. A paradise, yes ... but handled by buffalos (sorry buffalos, that's not nice for you, who are awesome and wonderful animals).

As for what you say about local workers and their comments, especially their comments about white visitors and residents, I'm sure you realize that :

- It's getting worse, and how surprising is that when 'authorities' (of all sides) encourage xenophobia, simply because accusing foreigners for local flaws is the oldest and easiest demagogy trick in the book (Europeans are good at that too).

- It's happening not only in Phuket but almost everywhere, and tourist destinations are on top of that list of course. Most Thais seem to assume that white people are too dumb to learn Thai, let alone understand Esarn, so one of the most popular games among locals is to throw aggressive remarks (preferably with a smile on their face) like "when will you go back to your country, you fat buffoon" ... and that's one of the mildest.

If all the white visitors did understand what is being thrown at them several times a day in Bangkok, Chiangmai, Pattaya, Phuket, Samui etc., I do believe that most of them would seriously consider leaving this country out of their next vacation plans and telling their friends back home to do the same.

Ive holidayed there several times in the 90s and early naughties was there when Tsunami hit and returned the next year , then i stopped going for a few years and went back to watch my mates play ina footy tourny. I found the place a rip off with a nasty atmosphere , Farangs treated with contempt and only wanted for what could be taken from their pocket. My family sisers , brother are always going on about going there , but I tell them a den of theives and worse

Looks like this social media is hitting Thailand very heavily. For years there was no voice. Now there is no where to hide and it is hitting them in almost all departments. I can see some smart ass demanding a phone ban in public places. You watch!!!

This denouncement by White Room, was released three days after the incident ( Oct 3 ) and yesterday there was a report saying that all five bouncers had NOT lost jobs and would NOT be sacked as the Aussies had not lodged police report.

Another fine example of Thai PR excercise ??