Video: Man wanted over violent unprovoked attack in Bangkok

webfact

Video: Man wanted over violent unprovoked attack in Bangkok

attack.jpg

BANGKOK:-- Police in Bangkok have released CCTV footage of a man they are hunting in connection with a serious and unprovoked assault in the Ladprao area of the city.

The brutal attack occurred around 8.30am on Tuesday, Oct 13, at Soi Ladprao 122-124 in Wang Thong Lang.

The 35 year old victim, suffered serious facial injuries and required medical treatment following the attack, reports Khaosod.

The footage shows the victim, who can be seen wearing a yellow shirt, walking down the street before being approached by the attacker who punches in the face for no apparent reason.

As the victim then begins to fight back, the attacker continues his assault punching and stamping on the head and neck of the victim.

During and also immediately after the assault numerous people can be seen travelling past the incident but it appears that not one person stopped to offer any assistance to the victim.

One witness reportedly told Khaosod that the suspect is a homeless man who is often seen in the area and who has carried out similar attacks on other men previously. It is also alleged that the suspect has indecently exposed himself to local women on a number of previous occasions.

Video footage taken from another CCTV camera shows the suspect approaching another man in an aggressive manner.

Anyone who can assist police with their inquiries are being asking to come forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQaOjJ08IFg

tvn.png
-- 2015-10-15

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great how everyone stopped and helped out. NOT.

I wonder if even one person called the police from their cars.

If it had been a Farang who was attacked and fighting back, everyone on the bus would have jumped in to help the Thai.

These cameras designed to make sure you can't really see anyone's face?

the guy could be anybody.

Thai police chief:

"These cameras you want to install, they can see policeman face too?"

"yes"

"we no have money for high quality, sorry."

Edited by NCC1701A

another Nutter on the loose....

-------------------------------

As u said in other topics before.....and been criticized for it......in over 3 years living in Bangkok I see more instances now of unreasonable and sudden rage now being shown by locals living in cities in Thailand.

I am certainly not an expert, but in my opinion this sudden and provoked rage is a consequence between the daily reality of life for many poor and often homeless on the streets in How they must live and what they are shown as the perception of what a "good" life should be that they see on television and in newspapers now in Thailand.

I first came to Thailand in 1977,and although I have not been her all that time continuously, I have visited Thailand once or twice a year during that time. I have lived here now as a retiree since 2010.

I can see that in that time the quality of material life has certainly approved for the average Thai, but I can also see that the mental satisfaction of daily life is lower than it was in 1977.

Back then, people were poor, yes, but so were there neighbors, so the relative poverty was basically evenly shared.

Today the separation between those who are poor and frustrated and the relatively well off is growing all the time.

My personal opinion is that the Thais have a decade at most before this frustration grows into real anger and violence in Thai society.

Then comes the time for burning it down in my opinion...... If I can't have it I'll just burn it down....<deleted> the whole lot.

That is the logic of frustration and anger

And, have a feeling the foreigners with money will be the ones targeted first.

And as an old foreigner in Thailand with relatively more money than many Thais have, it may be me that I could be one the first targets of that rage.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity

As u said in other topics before.....and been criticized for it......in over 3 years living in Bangkok I see more instances now of unreasonable and sudden rage now being shown by locals living in cities in Thailand.

I am certainly not an expert, but in my opinion this sudden and provoked rage is a consequence between the daily reality of life for many poor and often homeless on the streets in How they must live and what they are shown as the perception of what a "good" life should be that they see on television and in newspapers now in Thailand.

I first came to Thailand in 1977,and although I have not been her all that time continuously, I have visited Thailand once or twice a year during that time. I have lived here now as a retiree since 2010.

I can see that in that time the quality of material life has certainly approved for the average Thai, but I can also see that the mental satisfaction of daily life is lower than it was in 1977.

Back then, people were poor, yes, but so were there neighbors, so the relative poverty was basically evenly shared.

Today the separation between those who are poor and frustrated and the relatively well off is growing all the time.

My personal opinion is that the Thais have a decade at most before this frustration grows into real anger and violence in Thai society.

Then comes the time for burning it down in my opinion...... If I can't have it I'll just burn it down....<deleted> the whole lot.

And as an old foreigner in Thailand with relatively more money than many Thais have, it may be me that I could be one the first targets of that rage.

you are correct. YOU are a target. That is why you must group up. People who stand up should be supported. Support "Justice for Jessie"... Cause a little girl is doing your fight. the very least you can do is support.

Scary... I walk about 7K every day on Ladphrao but not that area... But there are a lot of homeless people where I walk,... they don't act aggressively but do act erratically sometimes... I did see one guy acting aggressively towards some Thai at a business, they kind of laughed at him and he moved on.... Still I worry about being attacked sometime... Hope the fellow this guy attacked will make a full recovery, and this guy needs to be taken off the streets...

The yellow shirt guy should have just let that guy go on, call the cops. Also the white shirt guy is obviously homeless, shouldn't be hard to find him.

Your a kind hearted and forgiving person aren't you....

Wonder if you would say that if you were on the other end of that beating?

....a long time ago I worked on a Cruise ship. It was a smaller one and the hall entrance to the show lounge was tight. I was monitoring the line to the entrance. An old lady passed out, she was alone and I stooped down to assist. No one else bothered to ask if I needed help. The next thing the doors opened to the lounge and everyone in that hall jumped or stepped as best they could over us to get into that show lounge. I'll never forget it. Humanity indeed! So why would anyone bother to stop to assist from the comfort of their car? Maybe if they all honked their horns? Create a diversion?....

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.

This brings up the old question of what do you do if you see something like this ?.

Thailand has more than it's fair share of nutters and you have no clue who you are getting involved with. I would say more often than not it is related to some other event you have no idea about. Plus there will be a good chance one or the other has a knife or a gun. Drugs or alcohol may well be involved.

I can really understand people not intervening in a land where a lot of people are crazy and life is cheap - where someone might murder someone else just for causing loss of face. Plus you may end up in the slammer yourself on false charges if one is involved with some dirty cops. What is the general opinion of people about this ?. Would you join in ?.

the suspect is a homeless man who is often seen in the area and who has carried out similar attacks on other men previously.

Anyone who can assist police with their inquiries are being asking to come forward.

if they know who he is, why do they need anyone to come forward to assist them ??

surely this video is enough evidence.

Edited by easybullet3

The yellow shirt guy should have just let that guy go on, call the cops. Also the white shirt guy is obviously homeless, shouldn't be hard to find him.

Shouldn't be hard to find him?

He's homeless, that means no address he could be anywhere..

I agree and have had the same observation, comparing the current situation to that in 1987 and the years in between. Conspicuous consumption is shoved in peoples faces constantly now, and if you can't participate you are either going to get depressed or angry. Places where poorer people could have lived with dignity before are now high end shopping malls and condos. Something has gone very wrong in Thailand.

Sorry to say i would not try and assist as well. I would call the cops though.

Last month at about 11am, on Soi 15, near the Pattaya Mercure Hotel, I witnessed a Thai man repeatedly kicking a woman , who was down and had fallen inside the hedge that runs adjacent to the hotel.

From a safe distance, I yelled at him that I was calling the police and feigned calling on my phone. He stopped, apparently stunned that anyone was paying attention to this vicious assault. Had he approached me, I was prepared to retreat to the Avenue Shopping complex nearby.

Security from the hotel was watching all this from their driveway, as well as being witnessed several motorcycle taxi drivers. Eventually, the man pulled the woman out of the bushes, "dusted her off" and they both got onto the a nearby cycle and rode off. I saw that her mouth was bloody and her was eye cut and swollen.

I'm not advocating that anyone get "involved". It's a personal choice and one that I cautiously deal with in this seemingly lawless and ill-policed town called Pattaya.

For all those of you criticizing people for not getting involved must be brand spanking new to Thailand.

Why new? Maybe some guys are just not as scared as some others. Some people would jump into a blazing fire to save someone else and someone might not even lend a hand to someone drowning right beside them. It all comes down to love in the end. How much do you really care and love others, even complete strangers? If you do then you will always jump in, no matter what the outcome

For all those of you criticizing people for not getting involved must be brand spanking new to Thailand.

Why new? Maybe some guys are just not as scared as some others. Some people would jump into a blazing fire to save someone else and someone might not even lend a hand to someone drowning right beside them. It all comes down to love in the end. How much do you really care and love others, even complete strangers? If you do then you will always jump in, no matter what the outcome

So you pull the guy off the top of the other. While he is trying to tell you the other guy raped his daughter, the other guy gets a gun out and shoots you both.

Extreme example I know - but absolutely possible in Thailand. Completely different to rescuing someone from a building.

Or the guy you pulled off is local and throws a firebomb at your house during the night. As one of the few farang in my area, everybody knows who I am and where I live. I have never come across spite like I see in Thai men who feel they lost face.

I reckon holding your phone like you are videoing everything and saying you are going to call the cops will stop a murder, but I've heard plenty of stories where nearby cops don't even get involved.

Remember the old bold pilots. There are none.

It's called a ''sucker punch'' out of the blue unprovoked.

I also noticed as a westerner in Thailand, the Thais i

deal with are wanting the materialistic life they see on

those badly made soaps on tv, the thing is someone has

to pay for it.