Video: Man wanted over violent unprovoked attack in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all those of you criticizing people for not getting involved must be brand spanking new to Thailand.

Oh really? Could you explain why that is? I've been here 10 years and wouldn't have hesitated to help that guy out if I had seen the incident unfold. Maybe the reason no one intervened was because many of them didn't realize it was a totally unprovoked attack. Sure, there's a chance I could have got smacked in the face too but so what?

For all those of you criticizing people for not getting involved must be brand spanking new to Thailand.

Oh really? Could you explain why that is? I've been here 10 years and wouldn't have hesitated to help that guy out if I had seen the incident unfold. Maybe the reason no one intervened was because many of them didn't realize it was a totally unprovoked attack. Sure, there's a chance I could have got smacked in the face too but so what?

Also a good chance of getting beat up or arrested when other confused 3rd parties arrive on the scene.... And see you fighting in the middle of two Thai nationals.... :)

Like i said BRAND SPANKING NEW in the head

Also just because you see something unfold does not mean you know the reasons behind it. I have seen someone shot in the head (died instantly) I have seen someone shot 8 times (got as far as beach road, then died) I have seen someones throat slit from ear to ear. (died in less than 2 mins) I have had a 14 year old kid pull a gun on me over parking my motorbike. Get involved hahahah ''nothing like a dead Samaritan''.

Also a good chance of getting beat up or arrested when other confused 3rd parties arrive on the scene.... And see you fighting in the middle of two Thai nationals.... smile.png

That's actually a good point. 'Doesn't mean however that you couldn't try and look for a cop or other help. It also doesn't mean that the other local (i.e., native Thai) passersby shouldn't have been getting involved to stop the beating.

I don't think it's lack of humanity or a sign of the times that people don't get involved in such things. I'm sad to say that I would not interfere in a violent incident in BKK either. I would fear for future of my children's welfare if I was injured from an incident in a county which we all know can turn deadly in the blink of an eye. Self preservation and that of your kin is paramount.

Also a good chance of getting beat up or arrested when other confused 3rd parties arrive on the scene.... And see you fighting in the middle of two Thai nationals.... smile.png

Of course a lot of things are possible but, all things considered, I think that's an unlikely scenario especially when in this particular case the incident was captured on camera.

I guess thinking that way helps people like you justify to themselves not taking action or otherwise acting in a cowardly manner.

For myself, as I suspect many commenting here, the hard thing would be not to jump in immediately. I only hope my self-preservation instinct/ wisdom would get the better of me- the personal risk of just 'jumping in' is as great here (if not more so) as anywhere in the world.

Does anyone remember the mature guy a little while ago who tried to video an assault on a foreigner, got embroiled and ended up stabbing a man to death in self defence?