Double entry visa

Hi

On Saturday I'm doing a visa out/in to KL. This will be the first of my double entries.

The problem is that, on 30th October, I'm going to Phnom Penh to visit a mate for a couple of nights.

I'm not sure what the procedure is. Will immigration use the second of my double entries therefore I won't get the full six months?

Confused and hoping one of this forums experts can help.

Cheers

Mick

"On Saturday I'm doing a visa out/in to KL. This will be the first of my double entries." ?

Do you already have a visa or are you wishing to obtain one from KL?

If you have a visa then the first entry permitted by the visa has already been used. Returning from KL will use the second entry.

They will use your tourist visa when you enter the country.

You can get a single re-entry permit 1000 baht) to keep the remainder of 60 day entry valid when you return from your trip. You can get the re-entry permit at an immigration office or either airport in Bangkok on departure from the country.

• Like 1

• If you enter on Sat Oct 17th you will be given 60 days and admitted until Dec 15th.

Before leaving the country to go to PP buy a single re-entry permit at the airport or immigration office (1,000 baht + photo) that secures your stay until Dec 15th.

When you re-enter from the visit to PP the IO will use the re-entry permit keeping your stay until Dec 15th.

Near to Dec 15th you can extend your stay by 30 days (1,900 baht) at immigration or exit and enter again to activate your 2nd 60 day entry.

The 2nd entry must be made before the 'enter before' date printed on the tourist visa.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the bump!

I re-entered on the 17OCT and was extended to the 15DEC as elviajero stated above.

So, I'm off to Cambodia on Friday. Where do I go in Don Muang to get my re-entry permit and approximately how long does it take to get? I'm just planning the trip.

Thanks again guys.

Mick

The re-entry permit desk at DM is just after departure immigration.

I suggest you have a 4 cm X 6 cm photo for the application. That may save you a little time.

It should not take more than 20 minutes to get the re-entry permit.