Recommendations Please, Bangkok Dinner Cruise

allane

Most of the websites seem to be designed to conceal information, rather than reveal it. Looking for recommendations from those with recent experience. We are seeking a relatively low-budget option, not a full floor show extravaganza.

I don't know what you consider low budget, but the cruise from Anantara Riverside is the best I've been on, a little pricey but the quality of food is impeccable and around 30 people per boat (converted rice barge).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats low budget ? Mamma noodle low budget...

Did the new year cruise a few years ago think it was 4k a head and it was good....not sure what you mean by concealing things on the websites .

Dont know what your looking at but they all have the prices if memory serves

I went on the Chao Phraya Princess, It had some kind of entertainment and there was a buffet. The food was ok but it's no five star experience.

It cost something around about 1500 Baht if I remember correctly. This was at the end of January.

They do a disco style thing with music and a dance floor but it's easy to just ignore that if it's not your thing, that's what I did.

You're probably going to want an upstairs table if you go with this one.

I was referring in particular to Yok Yor; the Thai version of their website mentions a charge of B 160/head (for the boat ride only), while the English version does not say anything. Whether we are talking about a street vendor selling orange juice or anything else, this kind of intentional omission is normally a sign that foreigners are going to be overcharged.

To report on my own question:

We went on the River Star Princess, operated by Asian Travel. It departs from the Yodpiman Shopping Arcade near Saphan Poot (Memorial Bridge). Running time: 2 hrs., price : B 805/head, or about B1000/head if you want pick-up at one of the major hotels where they offer that. Adequate food and entertainment quality for the price charged.

I went on the local boat which was 15 baht per trip, you could take a packet of crisps on that and have a good time. Just make sure you're not right at the back as the fumes from the engine will take away from what ever flavour crisps you are eating.