Polish expat found hanged in garden of rented Phuket home

webfact

Wonder what was in the syringe? whistling.gif

Could be heroin, morphine, or plain air. We don't know his MO, whether it was pain/anxiety relief, or a poison of some kind.

I always wish I could get to talk with someone who is in a desperate state like this before the event. I'm not qualified at all, but the two people I know who were serious, are still with us today, even though life isn't flawless for them.

Edited by Shiver

For some people, it's their only option and as much as that saddens me, people will continue to commit suicide. It's entirely possible that people make the choice to live their last few years in LOS to go out having enjoyed a last fling and for that, I admire them. RIP my friend.

You admire people that commit suicide, I only pity them, in their inner darkness the only way they could see the light was by killing themselves! Suicide is a selfish act. It can and often does ruin the lives of those who are left behind, and even cause them to do it themselves. However, people who are suicidal are sick. Their illness makes it impossible to be anything but selfish. They are in a place where it is basically impossible to see or give a damn about anything other than what’s going on in their own head. People who want to end it need help first and foremost. Sometimes they seek it out, sometimes they need someone to drag them to help kicking and screaming, but you owe it to those you care about to fight for them even if they don’t want to fight for themselves. To admire someone like this is wrong!

Then you have a very poor understanding of depression.

It's not all in the head.

It can manifest itself in physical pain.

Real physical, in the guts, pain, my friend.

When that pain gets too great then the relief of death can be attractive.

One of the strongest human traits is the will to live.

Imagine the pain one must be suffering to overcome that basic human instinct.

The people who love and care about them are acutely aware of what they are going through and in many cases it is a relief to them when the inevitable happens and the suffering stops....no different to a loved one with another type of terminal disease.

Stop with the selfish crap.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Edited by Mudcrab

A two inch long gash in his left wrist, but there was no sign of violence?

Tell me, was there a chair or bench, or something, nearby that he would have had to stand on to commit suicide?

Dead falang? Oh, it's suicide. Never mind that his head is bashed in, or there's a machete sticking out of his back. It was suicide.

Ok Captain! I'll get right back to you with a detailed report with responses to all your questions! Oh wait. You're not a Captain. You're nobody. Just some armchair quarterback know-it-all. Crawl back under your rock.

Tell me, was there a chair or bench, or something, nearby that he would have had to stand on to commit suicide?

Dead falang? Oh, it's suicide. Never mind that his head is bashed in, or there's a machete sticking out of his back. It was suicide.

Actually George, the wrist laceration kind of indicates the man desperately wanted to die. I guess you never heard the one about the Detective in a prominent North American town declaring the woman dead on her back was a suicide. It wasn't until the Coroner came that the cause of death was determined to be acute lead poisoning of the brain from the back of the head in the beginning of a string of similar overdoses.

Only in Thailand you say? Pity.

Please, in all your pompousness, show me where I said ANYTHING about "only in Thailand". If you can't do that, then keep your asinine comments to yourself.

"Dead farang? Oh, it's suicide. Never mind that his head is bashed in, blah blah blah or there's a machete sticking out of his back blah blah blah. It was suicide." .... this to me is a cheap THAI bashing comment, and the word "farang" can ONLY used in THAILAND, but what do I know?

Edited by 149er

Same story was there few months back that foreigner also was found hanged and no foul play ( as always claimed by the police ) it seems it's a trend for foreigners to commit suicide by hanging themselves or get drowned and Pattaya mostly jumping off the Belcony. How unique!!!

No signs of foul play.

That`s it then, case closed, another expat suicide statistic. Move on please, nothing to see here.

"Move on please, nothing to see here" This comment on Thaivisa would have to be the most annoying comment I have ever read. Why it is used, and so often by so few, completely baffles me.

No suicide for me

I would run away and join the knights of the round table,,

You know the knight ''Lancelot''

I would be the knight ''Cryalot'' then after reality sinks in

i'd be ''Dancealot'' with some ''Boomboomalot'' thrown in.

Suicide is not the answer. ''Dancealot'' however

I think the suicide rate is quite high in Thailand because the simple fact is there are so many people that come here to die! Most are in their 50s or more, at this age not easy to find a job, family most likely have their own problems, money is running low or gone, possibly most are drinking above average with little or no exercise etc! This plus other social & economic problems fuels depression which leads to suicide, not everyone is out to kill you in Thailand. With all this being said you have to keep your wits about you, and avoid leaning over balcony's with your in-laws/outlaws loitering behind you! RIP 52 is far to young.

I was thinking about the same thing myself, I think you have pretty much hit it on the head. The long hoped for retirement paradise doesn't turn out as planned, coupled with unexpected isolation in a seemingly friendly place, and so it begins. RIP.

No signs of foul play.

That`s it then, case closed, another expat suicide statistic. Move on please, nothing to see here.

Let me try again ... Apologies for messing up my previous reply.

Do you suffer from OCD by any chance? I'd get myself checked out if I were you.

I'd like to suggest the addition of a new button here or series of buttons. For example, in a thread like this one where old grumps feels the need to say the same thing he said yesterday and the day before ...

Click the OCD button to alert other readers

Where the reader feel a post contains completely irrelevant speculation

Click the Crass Ideas button to alert other readers

In a thread like this where someone has lost his life, it really isn't appropriate for our resident dunderheads to speculate on nonsense and impugn everyone in Thailand society as they do so.

Just wish the man's family peace and grow up.

I think the suicide rate is quite high in Thailand because the simple fact is there are so many people that come here to die! Most are in their 50s or more, at this age not easy to find a job, family most likely have their own problems, money is running low or gone, possibly most are drinking above average with little or no exercise etc! This plus other social & economic problems fuels depression which leads to suicide, not everyone is out to kill you in Thailand. With all this being said you have to keep your wits about you, and avoid leaning over balcony's with your in-laws/outlaws loitering behind you! RIP 52 is far to young.

There are at least 55 other countries, according to WHO, with a higher suicide rate than Thailand. Subject to what seems to be massive under reporting in Arab countries.

So you were with the police when they went to retrieve the body ???

In almost ALL cases where a deceased person is mentioned,it bothers me to just close the post without leaving a sincere condolences.

As in all human cases when death occurs there was a beginning, birth, parents, friends maybe wife/kids etc.we don't know.

My Condolences offered to the family involved.

you mean platitudes, like saying ''how are you'' when you really couldn't give a monkey's.

I looked at the stats on a website called suicide.org and they had Thailand at number 57 on the list of the countries with the most suicides.

The USA, Australia and NZ were higher on the list, which must piss a lot of people off, mainly the ones from those countries who crap on about the number of suicides that happen in Thailand.

The UK came in at number 62 on the list which means one would have less chance of committing suicide there than in Thailand.

........................"I think the suicide rate is quite high in Thailand".....................

Oh really ? Have you done any research on world suicide rates or did you form this opinion from reading topics on TVF ?

......................."not everyone is out to kill you in Thailand"......................... Thank God for that !

..................."you have to keep your wits about you, and avoid leaning over balcony's with your in-laws/outlaws loitering behind you!"..............

After reading some of your comments it would not surprise me to know that you kept looking over your shoulder when leaning over a balcony. Especially if there were Thai relatives behind you. biggrin.png

........................"I think the suicide rate is quite high in Thailand".....................

Oh really ? Have you done any research on world suicide rates or did you form this opinion from reading topics on TVF ?

......................."not everyone is out to kill you in Thailand"......................... Thank God for that !

..................."you have to keep your wits about you, and avoid leaning over balcony's with your in-laws/outlaws loitering behind you!"..............

After reading some of your comments it would not surprise me to know that you kept looking over your shoulder when leaning over a balcony. Especially if there were Thai relatives behind you. biggrin.png

Well Mr Mike Mac the man that listens to village idiots in Chain Mai, I am not a professional statistician who closely follows suicide rates from around the world, I am just a simple block who happens to read; about a lot of unfortunate individuals committing suicide in Thailand. I did say " I THINK " i did not say " I KNOW ", this is a forum that gives everyone the right to their opinion, however you appear to have taken my comments personal? To follow up on your sarcastic comment; USA TODAY spent two months investigating suicides abroad, tabulating 10 years of State Department data, searching newspapers throughout the world, reviewing thousands of studies in professional journals and interviewing psychologists, sociologists, travel medicine experts, medical examiners and forensics experts worldwide. suicide rate for Americans living abroad: Every year, Mexico is, by far, the country where more Americans commit suicide than any other. Last year, 26 American suicides there were reported to the State Department. The second-highest number of American suicides last year — 13 — were in South Korea Other countries with a relatively high annual number of American suicides are Germany, Thailand and Costa Rica!

Further you said: It would not surprise you to know that i keep looking over my shoulder, Mr Mike Mac anyone tried to f##@ me over a balcony would be going over it themselves!!!! :) However this being said i keep my wits about me OK

For some people, it's their only option and as much as that saddens me, people will continue to commit suicide. It's entirely possible that people make the choice to live their last few years in LOS to go out having enjoyed a last fling and for that, I admire them. RIP my friend.

You admire people that commit suicide, I only pity them, in their inner darkness the only way they could see the light was by killing themselves! Suicide is a selfish act. It can and often does ruin the lives of those who are left behind, and even cause them to do it themselves. However, people who are suicidal are sick. Their illness makes it impossible to be anything but selfish. They are in a place where it is basically impossible to see or give a damn about anything other than what’s going on in their own head. People who want to end it need help first and foremost. Sometimes they seek it out, sometimes they need someone to drag them to help kicking and screaming, but you owe it to those you care about to fight for them even if they don’t want to fight for themselves. To admire someone like this is wrong!

I agree with your post. I watched one of the many documentaries on support groups for those who'd lost a family member/friend to suicide and even after 20, 30 years the pain is still there in their eyes, a terrible thing those contemplating suicide should reflect on. However, there are very rarely 'warning signs'. 'Seemed fine when I was chatting to him/her just yesterday'. The suicidal never ask for help or there wouldn't be any suicides. My own view is that life is very short anyway. Just must wait out the bad bits. Everything passes.

Well Mr Mike Mac the man that listens to village idiots in Chain Mai, I am not a professional statistician who closely follows suicide rates from around the world, I am just a simple block who happens to read; about a lot of unfortunate individuals committing suicide in Thailand. I did say " I THINK " i did not say " I KNOW ", this is a forum that gives everyone the right to their opinion, however you appear to have taken my comments personal? To follow up on your sarcastic comment; USA TODAY spent two months investigating suicides abroad, tabulating 10 years of State Department data, searching newspapers throughout the world, reviewing thousands of studies in professional journals and interviewing psychologists, sociologists, travel medicine experts, medical examiners and forensics experts worldwide. suicide rate for Americans living abroad: Every year, Mexico is, by far, the country where more Americans commit suicide than any other. Last year, 26 American suicides there were reported to the State Department. The second-highest number of American suicides last year — 13 — were in South Korea Other countries with a relatively high annual number of American suicides are Germany, Thailand and Costa Rica!

Further you said: It would not surprise you to know that i keep looking over my shoulder, Mr Mike Mac anyone tried to f##@ me over a balcony would be going over it themselves!!!! smile.png However this being said i keep my wits about me OK

Seems I have struck a nerve, sorry about that, did not mean to stir you up.

What gave you the idea that I listen to village idiots in Chiang Mai ?

Also sorry that you thought my comment was sarcastic. If it was sarcastic it was unintentional, as it was meant to be kindly and jovial. biggrin.png

(that was sarcasm) thumbsup.gif

And I must remember never to try and f##@ you over a balcony, whatever that is.

Then you have a very poor understanding of depression.

It's not all in the head.

It can manifest itself in physical pain.

Real physical, in the guts, pain, my friend.

When that pain gets too great then the relief of death can be attractive.

One of the strongest human traits is the will to live.

Imagine the pain one must be suffering to overcome that basic human instinct.

The people who love and care about them are acutely aware of what they are going through and in many cases it is a relief to them when the inevitable happens and the suffering stops....no different to a loved one with another type of terminal disease.

Stop with the selfish crap.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

You say i don;t know what i am talking about what a laugh, for a start depression is not a terminal disease, Depresssion is an illness that is treatable Secondly and more importantly you say loved ones who are happy to see their Son/Daughter or Father/Mother "kill them self" is so far out there!

Further you said: It would not surprise you to know that i keep looking over my shoulder, Mr Mike Mac anyone tried to f##@ me over a balcony would be going over it themselves!!!! smile.png However this being said i keep my wits about me OK

Seems I have struck a nerve, sorry about that, did not mean to stir you up.

What gave you the idea that I listen to village idiots in Chiang Mai ?

Also sorry that you thought my comment was sarcastic. If it was sarcastic it was unintentional, as it was meant to be kindly and jovial. biggrin.png

(that was sarcasm) thumbsup.gif

And I must remember never to try and f##@ you over a balcony, whatever that is.

Its ok Mike, however nothing Jovial about some poor sod topping himself! as for the village idiots, you actually say it on your profile here on Thai Visa as your occupation