[Update] Electricity cost in chiang mai

popje

A few weeks ago I made a thread and asked people the real price of electricity cost as some people were charging me 7-8 baht per unit and people told me that if I pay at the 7-eleven I get the government rate and to just wait until I get my bill, well I got it today and I don't understand a word, thought you guys might help me out, if I am seeing correctly, I owe them 76 baht ? and it seems to be for the date: September 11 to October 11 ? I arrived at the house on September 26 but the house is brand new so no one really used any electricity from September 11 to September 26

http://imgur.com/3seO7kj

76 Baht sounds like two months of service fee. Service fee is 38.22 baht/month on top of the actual electric usage.

So if this is the service fee, how do I know how much I actually owe them ?

76 Baht sounds like two months of service fee. Service fee is 38.22 baht/month on top of the actual electric usage.

You owe them what the bill says, 75.76 thb.

Looking at the photo (though I can't read Thai) it appears that you are only being charged for consumption of 4 units of electricity, if I'm understanding the numbers correctly (meter reading of 49 last month, now it's 53.) I don't know how that ends up being 75.76 thb but at 4 thb/unit government rate, it seems high to me.

Looking at the photo (though I can't read Thai) it appears that you are only being charged for consumption of 4 units of electricity, if I'm understanding the numbers correctly (meter reading of 49 last month, now it's 53.) I don't know how that ends up being 75.76 thb but at 4 thb/unit government rate, it seems high to me.

Service fees maybe ? Like the other guy said

so I used 4 unit of electricty in 2 weeks, seems very odd to me, oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until my next bill. I'll ask my thai landlord see what she says.

so I used 4 unit of electricty in 2 weeks, seems very odd to me, oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until my next bill. I'll ask my thai landlord see what she says.

you can't read numbers? huh.png

you can't read numbers? huh.png

I can't read the words beside them, so 40.80 doesn't mean much to me...

the words are irrelevant. it's the amount of the last line you owe and pay. as simple as that.

Yes I kinda knew already, I just want to know why only 76 baht for two weeks and what amount do I pay per unit, which was the whole point of the thread I made a few weeks ago which I guess you didn't bothered to look.

the words are irrelevant. it's the amount of the last line you owe and pay. as simple as that.

Yes I kinda knew already, I just want to know why only 76 baht for two weeks and what amount do I pay per unit, which was the whole point of the thread I made a few weeks ago which I guess you didn't bothered to look.

my answer referred clearly to

The words are very relevant. This is a water bill, not an electric bill.

Edit: I went back and read the bill again. You can clearly see that it's not from the Electric Authority, but rather the Water Authority. The top part of the bill was cut off the first time I looked at it.

Bingo, Nancy.

Edit: Your electric bill will say at the top right: ใบแจ้งค่าไฟฟ้า (second edit to spell it right!). The last two words - fai faa - mean electric/electricity. The operative word in the bill you attached is "nam" (น้ำ) which hopefully you know the meaning of that.

The words are very relevant. This is a water bill, not an electric bill.

Edit: I went back and read the bill again. You can clearly see that it's not from the Electric Authority, but rather the Water Authority. The top part of the bill was cut off the first time I looked at it.

I didn't see the image until just now but yes, it is the water bill and 4 cubic meters (4000 liters) of usage. PWA is the provincial waterworks authority. Mystery solved.

a confusing affair! did the OP use 4 kilowatt of water or 4 m³ of electricity? crazy.gif

Hey smart ass, if you can't read thai I understand because I can't either but why do you come in my thread if you have absolutely no idea what I am talking about have absolutely nothing to say that actually contribute to the discussion ? As a reply to your last question, yes, I can manage to guess I owe them 76 baht, but the reason I asked this thread if I actually owe them that much is because it doesn't make any sense (something you didn't catch either) 76 baht for two weeks of electricity is nowhere near the amount I should pay, I thought maybe one number on the bill meant the number of units I used and the unit was updated daily which is why it wasn't on the bill, so the 7-eleven would charge me the current daily rate once I get there and give me a total amount to pay... there is literally a dozen of reasons why I would ask what I actually owe them...

I don't know, I only came in thailand a few weeks ago, but someone like you with almost 30k posts in a thailand forum, you should be ashamed that you don't know how electricity bills works nor how a forum actually works.

Someone said its for the service fees for two months but the bill seems to state that I am being charged for only one month which contribute to the fact that my bill, indeed, doesn't make sense as an electricity bill, people finally noticed (not you) that it is a water bill, not an electricity bill, something I couldn't have known.

a confusing affair! did the OP use 4 kilowatt of water or 4 m³ of electricity? crazy.gif

Hey smart ass, if you can't read thai I understand because I can't either but why do you come in my thread if you have absolutely no idea what I am talking about have absolutely nothing to say that actually contribute to the discussion ? As a reply to your last question, yes, I can manage to guess I owe them 76 baht, but the reason I asked this thread if I actually owe them that much is because it doesn't make any sense (something you didn't catch either) 76 baht for two weeks of electricity is nowhere near the amount I should pay, I thought maybe one number on the bill meant the number of units I used and the unit was updated daily which is why it wasn't on the bill, so the 7-eleven would charge me the current daily rate once I get there and give me a total amount to pay... there is literally a dozen of reasons why I would ask what I actually owe them...

I don't know, I only came in thailand a few weeks ago, but someone like you with almost 30k posts in a thailand forum, you should be ashamed that you don't know how electricity bills works nor how a forum actually works.

Someone said its for the service fees for two months but the bill seems to state that I am being charged for only one month which contribute to the fact that my bill, indeed, doesn't make sense as an electricity bill, people finally noticed (not you) that it is a water bill, not an electricity bill, something I couldn't have known.

Oh dear, with this attitude, I suggest you sign up immediatly for lessons in learning how to read Thai.

Figuring out utility bills isn't exactly the equivalent of reading complex Thai literature. You used 4000 liters of water with a charge of 40.80 baht for the water used. That's a rate of 0.0102 baht/liter in case you can't do the math. In addition there's a charge of 30 baht that appears to be a flat rate charge of 30 baht -- "service charge for everything" I suspect you would have had this charge if you hadn't used any water. To avoid this charge you probably would have had to visit the Water Authority and ask to have your service discontinued. You were charged 4.96 baht in taxes. The billing period does appear to be one month.

I think that most people don't understand why you're getting so worked up about a 76 baht utility bill.

(I'll stand by to help you translate your electric & internet bills)

Further edit: I only wish my water and electricity bills were 76 baht!

hey smartass... if you lack humour stop ridiculing yourself by discussing a bill of two dollars and half a dozen (or more) wailing sermons laugh.png

If I compare to my electric bill, you used 4 unit cost 40,80 B add 30 bahts service charge total cost is 75,76 B ( including the 4,96 % VAT )

40,80 plus 30 = 70,80 + 7% VAT = 75,76 B

As has been discovered, it is his water bill not electric. As the OP has been answered and it is getting a bit testy in here will close this topic now.

Archived