Resident Certificate

I recently used a payment receipt from BUPA that had my address on. Previously I have used Internet Contract, UK bank statement, basically anything semi-official with your name and address on (water/electric/phone bill).

One caveat this is in Pattaya I am not sure if different offices have different rules.

You can only for it in the province where you are living.

If you could get owner of the home where you are living to write a statement that you are living there. Then attache a copy of their house book and ID card to it.

Your best option is to go to the Hat Yai Immigration office and explain your situation and ask them exactly what you need to get the certificate. Every office has their own set of rules.

• 2 months later...

Don't know what you need it for, most people need one for driving license, or purchase of a vehicle. In this context I just read on another forum, that the Land Transportation office deals with the papers first, and then send you to immigration, apparantly no big deal. This at least for C Rai province. Just before to buy another bike myself, but then probably the dealer handels the paperwork.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone done this at the British Embassy and what do you need and what do you get? The UK embassy doesn't offer this a a service on the website and rhey dont answer the phone.

Ive posted elsewhere but Bangkok Immigration told me the wont issue a resident certificate if you havent done a 90 police report in the last 12 months.

Has anyone done this at the British Embassy and what do you need and what do you get? The UK embassy doesn't offer this a a service on the website and rhey dont answer the phone.

Ive posted elsewhere but Bangkok Immigration told me the wont issue a resident certificate if you havent done a 90 police report in the last 12 months.

If you are in Bangkok your only choice is the embassy.

It is shown as the following on this page on embassy website. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand

"Affirmation of residency

This service is provided for British nationals required to make an affirmation of residency. The affirmation template will be available at your appointment for you to complete.

To complete and affirmation of residency you will need to bring with you:

Proof of your identity. We accept passports or national identity cards

Proofs of address

We accept driver’s licence, utility bills or postal mail showing your name and local address or house registration."

• Like 1

Don't bother with Embassy do as Joe said no problems then

I went to Bangkok immigration with Condo rental agreement, internet bill and bank statement. They said no. Without a recent 90 day police report on file they wont do. Driving license requires either letter from immigration or letter from Embassy.

If you are in Bangkok your only choice is the embassy.

It is shown as the following on this page on embassy website. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand

"Affirmation of residency...............

Thanks. Must have looked at that page 3 times and didnt see it. Say what you want about Thai Government process it mostly works quickly.

Earliest UK Embassy appointment 14 days away.

Started today hoping to be driving by the end of tomorrow. A car salesperson is going to miss her January quota.