British Politician makes a new life in Thailand

11179190-large.jpg

UKIP councillor for Newington Vince Munday has given up his home and business to start a new life in Thailand.

Cllr Munday, who took one of the Newington seats in the May local elections, and his wife Fa left their home in Ramsgate on Thursday.They are believed to still be in the UK but with flights to Thailand booked.

Asked on his facebook page if he was giving up on politics Mr Munday replied he was giving up "on everything."

He told friends he has sold up and plans to spend time working in an orphanage.

Read more: http://www.thanetgazette.co.uk/Ramsgate-Ukip-councillor-moving-Thailand/story-28002949-detail/story.html#ixzz3osDY5lDC
Follow us: @ThanetGazette on Twitter | thanetgroup on Facebook

Edited by Rimmer
Edited to reflect fair use rule

11179190-large.jpg

UKIP councillor for Newington Vince Munday has given up his home and business to start a new life in Thailand.

Cllr Munday, who took one of the Newington seats in the May local elections, and his wife Fa left their home in Ramsgate on Thursday.They are believed to still be in the UK but with flights to Thailand booked.

Asked on his facebook page if he was giving up on politics Mr Munday replied he was giving up "on everything."

He told friends he has sold up and plans to spend time working in an orphanage.

Read more: http://www.thanetgazette.co.uk/Ramsgate-Ukip-councillor-moving-Thailand/story-28002949-detail/story.html#ixzz3osDY5lDC

Follow us: @ThanetGazette on Twitter | thanetgroup on Facebook

Flicker minded. Definitely stand for election for fun.

i guess the age gap is around 35 years.... facepalm.gif

now i understand why you have so many deluded foreigners here!

In 6 months he would have lost everything to this bird.... i bet 6 months.

working in an orphanage.... oh please stop it or i will start to cry.wink.png

Sounds like he is doing a runner, from life, knee jerk reaction or whatever. Sold up and moving out. Well, cash does have a way of running out. I hope he has a pension to fall back on. He says he is going to work in an orphanage. Got a company? Got a work permit? Sounds a bit iffy.

Give the bloke a break! What were your own circumstances prior to arrival?

Edited by evadgib

As stated earlier lets hope he joins the board & has a positive effect in their new community.

Edited by evadgib

As stated earlier lets hope he joins the board & has a positive effect in their new community.

at least, lets hope he will not join TV forum!

Otherwise we will have one more bonkers, here on this forum, claiming everyday how much his wife is differentwhistling.gif

Sounds like he is doing a runner, from life, knee jerk reaction or whatever. Sold up and moving out. Well, cash does have a way of running out. I hope he has a pension to fall back on. He says he is going to work in an orphanage. Got a company? Got a work permit? Sounds a bit iffy.

I stayed out of trouble, saved and invested conservatively. He is showing all the signs of heading to LOS and shortly he will be on the ropes again. Nothing against taking a break to sort things out. But unless he has a lot and a lot cash, he is probably going to be dissappointed when his money starts to run out and his lovely wife moves on

I stayed out of trouble, saved and invested conservatively. He is showing all the signs of heading to LOS and shortly he will be on the ropes again. Nothing against taking a break to sort things out. But unless he has a lot and a lot cash, he is probably going to be dissappointed when his money starts to run out and his lovely wife moves on

How much do you consider to be a lot and a lot of cash?

Give the bloke a break,any one whose ever been to the isle of Thanet can sympathise with him.

Oi, I come from Broadstairs, it's not all bad on Planet Fanet ! rolleyes.gif

There was actually quite a Thai-Farang community there, in our day, the usual mixed bunch (as are all humanity, wherever we come from).

I suspect that it helps, if one's Thai-wife has actually lived with us in the UK, and seen that the streets are not paved with gold !

And if he could run a profitable business, in modern-day Britain, then he's got to have some nous, innit ? laugh.png

it didnt click at first, but i had a vague recollection of a bit of a fuss last year over a senior UKIP politician referring to another UKIP member as being married to some 'ting tong" http://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/news/couple-at-centre-of-ting-22353/ maybe this had something to do with their decision.

Fact is what ever the motivation for his moving.....cant be any worse than some of the blighty dross with mental that have already washed up on Thailands shores....