Ministry of Interior instructs all governors to take care of tourists

Jonathan Fairfield

Ministry of Interior instructs all governors to take care of tourists

BANGKOK, 17 October 2015 (NNT) – The Ministry of Interior’s undersecretary Krissada Boonyarat has instructed all provincial authorities to reassure safety of tourists throughout Thailand.

In the wake of current high season, the authorities were obliged to inspect and clear up risk areas as well as see to it that the tourists' safety will be reassured, according to the ministry's undersecretary.

Besides, measures will be taken to support and promote tourist industry in the provinces.

Source: http://thainews.prd.go.th/website_en/news/news_detail/WNECO5810170010006

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-10-18 footer_n.gif

If the Thai government keeps harping about the extra measures implemented to protect the safety of tourists, then the international media might focus on whether Thailand is a safe place to visit, and tourists might get the impression it is not.

I would rather see the Thai government take steps to improve the safety of its citizens and long term residents. These very large groups are much more likely to have unsafe experiences.

Number 1 should be road safety, as unsafe roads, poor driving, lack of helmets, and a variety of other poor practices, results in needless carnage every day (residents and tourists alike). Improving the conditions for pedestrians should be a part of this.

If the Thai government keeps harping about the extra measures implemented to protect the safety of tourists, then the international media might focus on whether Thailand is a safe place to visit, and tourists might get the impression it is not.

I would rather see the Thai government take steps to improve the safety of its citizens and long term residents. These very large groups are much more likely to have unsafe experiences.

Number 1 should be road safety, as unsafe roads, poor driving, lack of helmets, and a variety of other poor practices, results in needless carnage every day (residents and tourists alike). Improving the conditions for pedestrians should be a part of this.

With you 100 percent with your comment, Road Safety is terrible here in ''Thailand'' it just does not exist..

even crossing the road, its like they speed up to try and knock you down ??? cannot fathom it out... ???

Unfortunately this is just another PR stunt with the high season looming.

Stringent safety standards apply in socially advanced countries where life is valued unlike Thailand where it isnt.

Its how youre brought up in a society that counts ,not silly PR stunts or putting stickers on boats and fences saying SAFETY FIRST

Why ask governors anyway? Alot of them are pre-occupied with avoiding public scrutiny or even arrest for being involved in just about every crime under the sun.

This high seaosn will be the same as every other . 200 tourists and expats will die and most of these incidents will go unreported.

What about all the farangs living here in Thailand, and the monies spent here?

Immigration changes rules and restrictions, making extentions difficult and wasting time with 90 days reporting, with annual extentions? Such a pain, don't we spend enough monies here to help the economy??

rubbish,

one year after the murder of Hannah and David in Koh Tao, the real culprits are still walking free... and everybody knows who did it!!!

And these people talk about safety for touristsbah.gifbah.gifbah.gif that just publicity stunt from the govt.

As a tourist, Thailand is just too dangerous taking my family there, traffic safety, violent crime, the ubiquitous bag/neckless snatches and now terrorism. Deal with making me safe pm or will take my dollars to a more appreciative country even if my wife is Thai.

Why is it that whenever I come across a report from the National News Bureau of Thailand I find myself automatically reaching for the salt cellar?

Did you manage to get the salt cellar back next to its mates the pepper pot and the mustard mug? After 3 duplicate posts, I hope so. rolleyes.gif

Right the smack on! +100

Unfortunately this is just another PR stunt with the high season looming.

Stringent safety standards apply in socially advanced countries where life is valued unlike Thailand where it isnt.

Its how youre brought up in a society that counts ,not silly PR stunts or putting stickers on boats and fences saying SAFETY FIRST

Why ask governors anyway? Alot of them are pre-occupied with avoiding public scrutiny or even arrest for being involved in just about every crime under the sun.

This high seaosn will be the same as every other . 200 tourists and expats will die and most of these incidents will go unreported.

Of course. We're just farang. Nothing special, well, unless your mom has a sick ox.

Of course, the two-tier pricing system will remain and be enforced rigidly.

maybe it is a codeword "take care of the tourists".....

Codeword for "beat the living snot out of", yeah, like bouncers gang beating farang patrons, like karaoke staff gang beating farang patrons, like jet ski operators gang beating farang patrons. You know, like..."take care of."

Yes if they really cared..and they don't for sure the issues mentioned above would have been put to bed years ago...The Karaoke scams and jet ski are a disgrace and should have been stopped ..The only conclusion I can come to is that as rumored by many the powers that be in the areas are surely involved and reap the momentary benefit. It stinks ! Talk is cheap ! And until they meaningfully stop the likes of these scams and stop for good..not two weeks or so...nobody is going to take any notice of these messages.