• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 0

Survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki Awarded Nobel Peace Prize for Nuclear Disarmament

2. 0

Controversy Surrounds Guardian Review of Oct 7 Documentary on Hamas Massacre

3. 0

Unlikely Justice for Victims of Novichok Poisoning, Says Former PM Theresa May

4. 0

The Growing Influence of the US Far Right on Ireland's Extremist Movements

5. 0

Boris Johnson Hints at Potential Return to Front-Line Politics

6. 0

Pro-Palestinian ‘mob-rule tactics’ Force Postponement of Braverman’s Cambridge Speech

7. 0

Taylor Swift Donates $5 Million to Hurricane Relief Efforts

8. 0

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

9. 0

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

10. 0

German Politician Calls for Ban on Greta Thunberg Over Pro-Palestinian Protest Involvement

11. 0

U.S. Seeks to Weaken Hezbollah’s Grip on Lebanon Amid Israeli Offensive

12. 0

YouTuber and BBC Star Yung Filly Arrested in Australia Over Alleged Hotel Rape

13. 4

Thailand Live Saturday 12 October 2024

New Chalong hospital construction could begin by end of year pending relocation of vendors

Jonathan Fairfield

Can we try to put this in some perspective?

These market traders haven't said they will protest. They haven't said they will blockade. They haven't demanded compensation.

All that has happened is an official has said that he will try to find them alternative sites to trade before the construction teams move in, which they will as soon as they're ready to go, no matter who is on the site.

The reaction from some posters on here is to totally vilify these people in no uncertain terms, completely over-dramatising the situation in order to justify their biased opinions.

Sounds like bigotry to me.

Um, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/876560-chalong-hospital-construction-starts-this-month/ coffee1.gif

Um, check the wording "originally protested". That was then this is now. Are they still protesting? Are they blockading? Are they petitioning? Are they demanding compensation? facepalm.gif

These market traders haven't said they will protest. They haven't said they will blockade. They haven't demanded compensation.

All that has happened is an official has said that he will try to find them alternative sites to trade before the construction teams move in, which they will as soon as they're ready to go, no matter who is on the site.

The reaction from some posters on here is to totally vilify these people in no uncertain terms, completely over-dramatising the situation in order to justify their biased opinions.

Um, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/876560-chalong-hospital-construction-starts-this-month/ coffee1.gif

Um, check the wording "originally protested". That was then this is now. Are they still protesting? Are they blockading? Are they petitioning? Are they demanding compensation? facepalm.gif

What appears to be lost on you is that these vendors are not going because they have seen the error of their selfish ways. they're being forced to, as they should have been long before now. Christ there are some muppets on this forum .. huh.pngcoffee1.giffacepalm.gif

What appears to be lost on you is that these vendors are not going because they have seen the error of their selfish ways. they're being forced to, as they should have been long before now. Christ there are some muppets on this forum .. huh.pngcoffee1.giffacepalm.gif

"Christ there are some muppets on this forum"....... Well at least you got that bit right. clap2.gif

You stated:

"These market traders haven't said they will protest"

yet when presented with evidence that they have protested, you change your tack to ask if they are protesting now, and then call others with opposing views as "Bigots"!

You also said:

"They haven't demanded compensation."

I would strongly suggest the fact that the Mayor is scrambling to find them alternative sites that they will accept, and promising to resign if he can't, indicates they have already paid rent on the hospital site (probably illegally) and now want compensation.

A little disappointed you felt the need to label posters with opposing views, in such insulting terms, Chainsaw. Perhaps I need to rate you alongside the transport gremlin on this forum.

You stated:

"These market traders haven't said they will protest"

yet when presented with evidence that they have protested, you change your tack to ask if they are protesting now, and then call others with opposing views as "Bigots"!

You also said:

"They haven't demanded compensation."

I would strongly suggest the fact that the Mayor is scrambling to find them alternative sites that they will accept, and promising to resign if he can't, indicates they have already paid rent on the hospital site (probably illegally) and now want compensation.

A little disappointed you felt the need to label posters with opposing views, in such insulting terms, Chainsaw. Perhaps I need to rate you alongside the transport gremlin on this forum.

have protested (past tense) will protest (future tense) there is a difference!

- pure speculation on your part. Strongly suggesting doesn't make it a fact.

Rate me however you want, we all have our own opinions on here. That's what forums are for.

I just say things as I see them, and what I'm seeing is a few people overreacting to a situation and using it to vilify some market traders they've never met.

END.