used truck 5 years not regesitered

lovelomsak

I am looking at purchasing a used truck. But I am concerned about one thing.

The present owner has the bluebook,but she hasnot renewed the book for 5 years. She didnot use the truck so didnot bother.

My question is. If I buy the truck what happens about the last 5 years not being registered? Will it be a big problem or do I just pay the road tax accumulated and thats it.

I havenot bought yet because not sure how big of headache this is.

Yes , pay backdates on tax and basic insurance. A bigger problem may be with the truck not moving for 5 years. Depends on how well its been stored. Has it been cowered up and dry stored.

Thanks I never considered some of these things. Maybe still has 5 year old oil I donot know. Everything looks good. Box looks like nothing was ever put in it. The body is in good shape and tires look good but maybe hard from age not sure. But the price is very good. I wonder how much taxes and basic insurance would be. I drove it runs great. So will go back look again and ask questions.

Get a quote from transport office for back pay over the 5 years. Could be a lot more than you think. Please let us know. Then , any "perishables" such as tires , gaskets , hoses , brakes , even exhaust , could have suffered more from not being stored correctly , than if they were used. What is the vehicle and the price.

Thanks for all the advice. I am thinking now it doesnot look like such a good deal When i take in to account things like 5 years tax and perhaps new tires,hoses etc maybe to much trouble. i am glad I posted and got help thanks again.

Thanks for all the advice. I am thinking now it doesnot look like such a good deal When i take in to account things like 5 years tax and perhaps new tires,hoses etc maybe to much trouble. i am glad I posted and got help thanks again.

Double check the tyres. You never know maybe they are new!