Eight middle-ranking Thai police officers axed

webfact

"Transfer to an inactive post" is not getting axed. Getting axed means getting stripped of rank and fired. The transfer is simply a way of getting paid while saving face.

No - it IS getting axed. It is getting put out of the way of the gravy train.

Thai labor law is complex - just firing someone is almost impossible - that's the real reason behind inactive posts. It takes time to fire someone - in the meantime - they get them out of the way.

Plus - these people earn a pittance in salary. Their real gains are from corruption and they are now out of that loop.

Soon there will be a lot of Mia Noi's out on the street since the coppers will not be able to pay the rent on the Condo's they have them in................thumbsup.gif

Since the head of CSD has been chopped off (for a truly quite different reason though, while ...), the 'cohesion' of this pyramid is lost, light is seeping in from above, afraid to be exposed, the roaches inside tell about one another, and the dominos start falling one by one... Mind you, this is just one, a minor one, of the pyramids inside the mega-pyramid RTP though!

Don't care not my country only a guest here. When in RomeIf

If you don't care, then why take time and effort in posting on TVF?

Exactly. Too many of this category who frequently do not even live here or even visit regularly posting flippant pointless remarks.

When it comes to the category of pointless posts your response fits right in there.

"Transfer to an inactive post" is not getting axed. Getting axed means getting stripped of rank and fired. The transfer is simply a way of getting paid while saving face.

No - it IS getting axed. It is getting put out of the way of the gravy train.

Thai labor law is complex - just firing someone is almost impossible - that's the real reason behind inactive posts. It takes time to fire someone - in the meantime - they get them out of the way.

Plus - these people earn a pittance in salary. Their real gains are from corruption and they are now out of that loop.

Soon there will be a lot of Mia Noi's out on the street since the coppers will not be able to pay the rent on the Condo's they have them in................thumbsup.gif

Cute girls will NEVER be out in the streets... Someone will always pay for them... Maybe even a farang lol

Don't care not my country only a guest here. When in Rome

This post shows your compete and total ignorance. If you live here, then you DAMN WELL better care about things going on here. Especially if you have family and loved ones here, because if it effects THEM, then it sure as hell can effect YOU.

I try to keep abreast of what is going on so I can determine if it will have an effect on my family in any way, and if so, then do what I can to negate that in whatever ways possible.

On the other hand, if you're a Chang tank top, dirty, wrinkled Bermuda shorts, flip flop, beer gutted, nasty smelling, bar stool riding kind of guy who is just here for booze and sex, then I can understand your comment.

Thought the headline was too good to be true! To me "axed" means "sacked", but no, of course not here in Thailand - just more "inactive positions", for a bit of a holiday with pay, and then released back into the "community"!

"Separately, the national police chief Pol Gen Chakthip Chaichinda appointed Pol Gen Srivara Rangsipromkul to head a police panel to probe into the activities of a group of people who claimed the revered institution for ill-gotten gains."

I think this means they are investigating eight people who joined the police for corruption money. Only eight?

Axed would be face saving for the RTP as it would show the world that they are trying to reduce cronyism and corruption within the RTP. But perhaps "Thainess" is being blind before the world.

And the "axed" getting paid for doing nothing?

The RTP will never earn the respect of Thai citizens (or anyone else) when they just try to cover up failures within the RTP. coffee1.gif

You report a lot of Shit mate,Axed in my country means Sacked Without payment ,,,here you say Transferred to a post where they don't have to work with the same money,,,,,You know that means,,,,, Promotion,,,Get your facts straight,,, or don't Post.

Even demotion must come with flowers,ribbons,hugs and kisses.

All in the name of face.

What a bizarre culture.

10yrs and I'm still no where near decoding Thai culture.

Oh how I agree with you. This "face" is merely a defense mechanism to protect the individual who lacks psychological strength. It is a FALSE reality; not based on Truth. post-45577-0-81144600-1445298922_thumb.j

The culture is definitely bizarre. I don't think my Thai wife truly understands it most of the time. I doubt I ever will.b/c looking for logic is too ingrained in me.

Don't care not my country only a guest here. When in RomeIf

If you don't care, then why take time and effort in posting on TVF?

Cos I can still have freedom of speech last I heard I was making a personal statement thank you

• 3 months later...

Thailand will never be taken seriously by the world until this notion of saving face is shown as a joke...Listen Up Thailand...Should You Really Care About The Self-Esteem of Pedophiles, Thieves, and Extortionists?