ANZ Thailand

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has opened up an account with ANZ Thailand? and if so are there any benifits of doing so?

The reason im asking is that I am from Sydney and moving to Thailand soon and have found out that ANZ being one of Australias largest banks have a branch in Bangkok,

I have heard from a few people that apparently you can open up an AUD base currency account, this would be a plus as I could then transfer with no FX fees I think,

Thank you in advance,

I would check your facts first....dont think ANZ is a full blown bank in Thailand yet...thinks its only a rep office or corporate only....in other words they will not open an account for you in Thailand and doesnt offer full banking services

ANZ recently obtained a banking licence and converted from being a rep office to a subsidiary.

They had an "opening event" a week or two back to celebrate this.

As Soutpeel says I believe at the moment they serve mainly institutional and corporate clients.

Probably best to check with them direct as to exactly what they offer in this case, as given the short time frame I doubt anyone on here would have opened a retail/individual account and be able to share experiences.

easier opportunity for the ATO to spy on what you do with your money, better off with a thai account - guess it depends where you get your income from tho

anz would take around $300USD from my pay when converting to AUD - thai bank takes a few hundred THB, chalk and cheese for me anyway

Thanks for the replies guys, it seem from my research that they are mainly institutional,

reply from ANZ Australia as below,

Please be advised, ANZ Australia and ANZ Bangkok are two different entities. You may wish to open an account with ANZ Bangkok; however, it will be necessary for you to contact the ANZ Bangkok directly to know the verification process. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We can advise that, transfer from ANZ Australia to ANZ Bangkok accounts is considered to be an International transfer and ANZ Australia will charge $18 for an International Transfer.