Australian to marry in Thailand

flipper2222222

hi forum members,

other than the usual Statutory Declaration, translation of documents, go to the Thai Dept. of consular affairs, and marriage at the Amphur Office.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on the process?

I am allowing up to 7 days (Monday to Sunday)to complete all and fly back to Oz.

thanks in advance.

I wish you luck, if its your second marriage you will need it, 50% of first and 75% of second marriages fail in the west add cultural differences ummm.

Take her home to AU and say 5 years down the track it goes belly up she can get a nice little earner out of you, add a kid or two kiss your retirement nest egg goodbye, even legally married and you keep her in Thailand AU law allows her rights to your property in AU.

My tip for you, don't marry her and keep her in Thailand....ive yet to meet a Thai woman who did not want to marry yet lived with there Thai bfs for one ex 7 ys the other 6.....think about it....ho good luck..

Ps...same in GB or close enough, I'm sure the US legal system would help the princess to your access your funds as well.

Edited by AlexRRR

No advice for the process but my wife couldn't be happier in Australia. Things really came together once she started earning her own money and got some independence, license and car etc.

For many reasons Australia is the best place for them outside of Asia. Good luck!

that's interesting, a lot of people that I have spoken to have all had the same comment - whatever you do don't take them back to your country as they get influenced by the other women and the conniving ways to fleece the husband at some point in the future.

Mind I do know a few people that it works quite well for as well - probably no different than marrying any other women at the end of the day.

I have just stepped out of my third failed to western woman so what would I know haha.....

I probably could have been clearer,

I was asking for tips or advice on how the process works in getting married in Thailand, any gotchas\holdups to be aware of with processing documents or visiting embassy or Thai gov offices?

sorry to the guys that have had bad relationship experiences and congrats to the ones that all has worked out great.

We all need to live life and learn.