Rental / Prepaid Mobiles In Bangkok?

Shimokitazawa

Anyone know if it's possible to get hold of a rental or prepaid mobile phone in Bangkok for a short period of time (2 or 3 weeks)?

(And if so, how / where?)

Thanks for any info

I would say the best option is to use your existing mobile (you can get it unlocked if need be) and just buy a prepaid sim card when in Thailand.

totster :o

Anyone know if it's possible to get hold of a rental or prepaid mobile phone in Bangkok for a short period of time (2 or 3 weeks)?

Thanks for any info

I would say the best option is to use your existing mobile (you can get it unlocked if need be) and just buy a prepaid sim card when in Thailand.

aah, my existing mobile is Japanese, and Japan has a completly different system to everyone else. Though come to think of it I have an old (3-4 years) handset from Europe knocking around. Would that be likely to work in Thailand?

And would there any problems with temporary visitors getting hold of sim cards?

Thanks for any info

aah, my existing mobile is Japanese, and Japan has a completly different system to everyone else. Though come to think of it I have an old (3-4 years) handset from Europe knocking around. Would that be likely to work in Thailand?

And would there any problems with temporary visitors getting hold of sim cards?

As long as it works on GSM 900/1800 it should work ok.

Just pop along to any mobile phone shop (or 7-11) and you can buy a sim

totster :D

Mobile rentals (specialy the ones at the airport) are VERY VERY Expensive.

better buy a second hand mobile (if its not need any fancy functionalitys) you can get it from 500 baht up ...

the prepaidcard you can get for about 300 baht .. and everything is set ;-)