Shisha raids at Pattaya Bars and Restaurants by District Officials

webfact

Shisha raids at Pattaya Bars and Restaurants by District Officials

shisha-1.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- A 20-strong team of District Officials, led by a senior Director of the Department of Provincial Administrations conducted raids on 2 venues in Pattaya early on Tuesday Morning in search of illegal shisha.

The team firstly checked a Lebanese Restaurant and Bar in Soi 16 off Walking Street, owned by Khun Tanaet aged 46. Officers witnessed Thai and Foreign patrons smoking Shisha.

The devices used to smoke the Shisha and cartons of shisha were confiscated and the bar owner was arrested.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/218639/shisha-raids-at-pattaya-bars-and-restaurants-by-district-officials/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-10-21

Really think this helps anyone , fix the real problems guys like mafia, corruption

It was a huge draw for Middle Eastern tourists. One way or another people who like to smoke will smoke. Cutting this out wasn't a good move and benefits no one.

Using a hookah for smoking the shisha tobacco is more harmful than cigarettes. But the BIG issue why it's banned here in Thailand is that a hookah can also be used to smoke weed...

Weed. Thats another reason to ban the shisha.

Ever see the neatly packaged KrongTip weed cigarettes? Yep. Marijuana packed as commercial cigarettes.

Right out of the factory it seems. Cellophane wrap and all. Identical in appearance as real ciggys.

Obviously someone at the tobacco monopoly factory is doing a run with a bale of grass once in a while.

Really think this helps anyone , fix the real problems guys like mafia, corruption

It was a huge draw for Middle Eastern tourists. One way or another people who like to smoke will smoke. Cutting this out wasn't a good move and benefits no one.

I would argue that it does benefit many. For those of us who choose not to smoke, second hand smoke is horrendous. And those shisha pipes and cigars are the worst offenders of all. Since smoking is illegal in all Thai restaurants, I praise the authorities for doing something about this.

Having said that, I go out of my way to avoid restaurants that allow indiscriminate smoking, or do not have an area where non smokers can escape the obnoxious smoke, created by people who do not possess enough self discipline to avoid a smoke while out dining for an hour or so.

i can remember people smoking hookahs at least 12 years ago suddenly its against the law as I said in an earlier post there will be nothing left for people to come to Thailand for the powers that be have as usual got it all wrong.

You are wrong sorry..........I come to Thailand to visit the temples/monasteries thumbsup.gif

Once again follow the money

Why are E-cigarettes banned in Thailand ?

Why the big push to ban Shisha ?

Because, the Thai Tobacco Monopoly is either too stupid or too lazy to figure out a way to tax it, so the easiest course for our minders is to ban it

Are E-cigarettes really banned in Thailand? Ironically it was in Thailand where I bought my first E-cigarette package, must be about 10 years ago when they were completely unknown in Western countries.

I would argue that it does benefit many. For those of us who choose not to smoke, second hand smoke is horrendous. And those shisha pipes and cigars are the worst offenders of all. Since smoking is illegal in all Thai restaurants, I praise the authorities for doing something about this.

Having said that, I go out of my way to avoid restaurants that allow indiscriminate smoking, or do not have an area where non smokers can escape the obnoxious smoke, created by people who do not possess enough self discipline to avoid a smoke while out dining for an hour or so.

As a non-smoker I would agree that "second hand smoke is horrendous", but only if there's a cigarette smoker sitting right next to me and the smoke is wafting into my face, which is often the case in bars here despite the non-smoking legislation.

I'm surprised that any non-smokers would complain about shisha smoke in Pattaya, as all the shisha smoking was usually done in shisha lounges or in open air. These loungers/bars could be considered "smoking" lounges, so one would expect smokers to stay away.

As for any shisha smoke making it's way onto the roadway and "inconveniencing" highly sensitive non-smokers? That's a stretch in a town reeking of sewer gas and motor vehicle pollution.

Edited by tropo

Using a hookah for smoking the shisha tobacco is more harmful than cigarettes. But the BIG issue why it's banned here in Thailand is that a hookah can also be used to smoke weed...

Ever see the neatly packaged KrongTip weed cigarettes? Yep. Marijuana packed as commercial cigarettes.

Right out of the factory it seems. Cellophane wrap and all. Identical in appearance as real ciggys.

Obviously someone at the tobacco monopoly factory is doing a run with a bale of grass once in a while.

No, not since the Vietnam War, during a visit in 1973

Shisha.

The fastest way to catch herpes

Really? Curious to how..................

Because that crap is smoked by lots of Bar Girls that pass the pipe around to all their friends and everyone else in the bar.

And guess what pipe they've had in their mouth before they smoked the Shisha?

No, not since the Vietnam War, during a visit in 1973

Yes, about 12 years ago. A friend went into a mom & pop mart around Soi Nana and came out with a pack of the 'special' KrongTips. He said it cost ~500 baht

And yes, it was 100% ganja and 'did the job' biggrin.png

Tasted like crap though bah.gif

And 7/11 drinking straws and empty red bull bottles can be used to smoke yaa-ice, so what is their point?

The smoking implement minus the drugs solves or proves what exactly? Also a bong (if they want to do weed) is easier to hide than a bloody massive shisha, and as if anyone with half a brain stem would even TRY to smoke grass in a bar in Pattaya (well dumber things have happened, but still...)

Also, I smoked shisha in Europe, and there was zero tobacco, or any other drug in it. Only some sort of flavoured herb, but it was not tobacco, because I can't handle tobacco. And I was instructed NOT to inhale but sort of hold and 'taste' the smoke in my mouth then blow it out. I'm just scratching my head here, trying to find a point to this police raid.

Edited by dhream