got a 3 month visa to Vietnam in Pakse

just sharing my experience in Pakse at the Vietnamese consulate

its located in the touristy area where most of the hotels are, no need to get a tuktuk

open monday to friday, AM and PM but they have a long lunch break

I walked in. no one else there. no queing

they asked me where i was from, i said UK he explained about the new visa waiver for 15 days, but i reply that i want to spend longer time in vietnam than that

i though i could get a 1 month visa and asked about that and if i could extend it in country. he told me no problem, but i could have either a 1, 2 or 3 month visa, and then said they were all the same price

of course i asked for a 3 month. it was $70 to get back in 2 days, or $80 for same day. gave them $80 and walked out with 3 month single entry visa, after 5 minutes wait

theres an overnight bus BKK to Pakse, and an overnight bus from Pakse to Danang, so you could get to Pakse in the morning, get visa in afternoon and be on the overnight bus into Vietnam. or pakse has an airport,

all in all it was a very easy visa

Sorry don't understand why you would go to all that trouble. You get an online letter of approval. Sometimes takes as short as 7 hours. You can have 1, 3 , or 6 . Single or multiple entry. You need to do what you did if your entering Vietnam at border crossing.

No good other reason