Firsthand witness of awful violence in Chiang Mai

1happykamper

OK.. So I have read.. And been told that Thai people... When really really provoked can be very very violent. Late this afternoon happy hour turned into a blood bath right in front of my eyes. This happened in the old city of Chiang Mai. A Thai woman.. Wife? ... Pulled up along side the restaurant on her motorbike... With a huge heavy butchers knife raised above her head.. And was screaming in a direction towards a farang man... And his female companion... Which i assume was not who or where he should have been! She proceeded towards the man and lunged the knife into his head face and upper body... Defending himself was useless... This was a big strong Thai Woman. The weapon hit the man's head with a sound you would expect to hear from splitting a coconut. The whole scene became surreal... I will not go into further detail... Just too violent and graphic. Just an appalling thing to witness. I have lived in many so called violent areas of the USA and Mexico... But never did I witness such brutality!