Thai Visa Options

Hi All ,

I am a British Citizen living in the UK and am marrried to a Thai citizen who has Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK who is awaiting to apply for

a British citizenship .

I would like to know is it quite difficult to get a 6 month tourist Visa for Travel to Thailand.Is it dependant on your age and income?

I did get a 1-Year Multiple-Entry Non-Immigrant Thai visa in the past few years and i was a voluntary worker in the UK at the time so had a very low income and i was

wondering if the rules have changed recently that you need to be earning a level of income per month to qualify for either type of these visas.

Thank-you .

Edited by POMCHOB

Hi PAZ

just one more question if you don't mind

in the link you kindly provided it states :

Non-Immigrant Type O

• Birth Certificate (applicant's child)
  • Certificate of Marriage or its equivalents (if married to Thai national)
  • a copy of marriage certificate,a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 anuually.)
  • An official recommendation letter from organization perform voluntary job in Thailand (for volunteer job)

Pension statement if the applicant is a pension earner.

I know you mentioned there is no income requirement for the Non O Type Visa but i was wondering what does the 3 months of Bank Statement showing 1400 pounds mean do they mean divided by 12 months? I can see it says annually but confused by the amount!

Thanks again POMCHOB

I would appreciate any help on this pleasewink.png

As there is no income requirement for the Non O Type Visa but i was wondering what does the 3 months of Bank Statement showing 1400 pounds mean

do they require you to have at least 12x 116 pounds a month mimimum shown ? I can see it says annually but i confused by the amount stated!

Thanks again POMCHOB

for a man married to a Thai national non immigrant 'o' visas are almost impossible without jumping through lots of financial hoops to get in the uk. If over 65 and in receipt of a state pension it could be easier.

but a 2 entry tourist visa would be easy to obtain, and would give you 6 months or longer in Thailand, each entry gives you a permission to stay stamp of 60 days this can be extended at a local immigration office in Thailand for a further 60 days (1,900 baht) reason to visit Thai wife, a border run to activate the second entry would then be required, this second entry could also be extended if required, no financial proof required for tourist visas.

Edited by steve187

Hi There Steve187

thanks for your kind advice on the non immigrant 'o' visas, much appreciated too.

The 2 entry tourist visa would be the best choice as you say.

Best of Luck ,POMCHOBbiggrin.png

Ignore his post.

You can easily get a multiple entry non-o visa at the embassy in person or by post. There are many reports of them being done on this forum.

The financial requirement on the website is an error.

• Like 2

Hi

thanks for the good advice

and for your explaination

that the information i was given was incorrect

and that The embassy in London will will issue a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage with no financial proof and just a marriage certificate, copies of his wife's house book and ID card.

The info posted on the website is an error."

Is the Wife's House Book mentioned above mean the Tabion Ban?

Thanks for help

POMCHOB

for a man married to a Thai national non immigrant 'o' visas are almost impossible without jumping through lots of financial hoops to get in the uk. If over 65 and in receipt of a state pension it could be easier.

but a 2 entry tourist visa would be easy to obtain, and would give you 6 months or longer in Thailand, each entry gives you a permission to stay stamp of 60 days this can be extended at a local immigration office in Thailand for a further 60 days (1,900 baht) reason to visit Thai wife, a border run to activate the second entry would then be required, this second entry could also be extended if required, no financial proof required for tourist visas.

Incorrect info from you.

The embassy in London will will issue a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage with no financial proof and just a marriage certificate, copies of his wife's house book and ID card.

The info posted on the website is an error.

All the Thai Embassy in London need is front and back of marriage certificate, and same for wife's id card. Very easy.