YIFY blank page

howto

Don't know when it started,

Site is not down, just gives a blank page.

and looking at the page source, it's empty.

see https://yts.to/

I searched this morning, 4:30 AM, for this issue,

seems many have experienced same.

Some claim a server error,

others claim dmca.

Just to let you know.

Well, it is now official.... YIFY is gone for good... You guys will be missed. Thanks for all the good times and good luck.

For some reason or other I cannot open your link.

I read the other day that Pirate Bay, Kickass and YIFY were "blocked" by Firefox and Chrome because of potentially dangerous downloads.

I noticed that Piratebay is back but Kickass is still blocked. If you use Microsoft Internet explorer you can access without problems.

I just opened http://www.yify-movie.com/ with Microsoft Explorer. No problem.

Edit: If you use Google and search Kickass you will find the kickass.unblocked.la/ link. You can use that.

Edited by petedk

Strange. Torrenfreak is not blocked by any ISP here and should be accessible by anyone. The "blocks" by Firefox and Chrome are more for show than real blocks. You can click trough and accept the risk.

Also, be aware that there was only one YIFY website, yts.to. The link you're providing is not YIFY.

From the article in my link:

"...Over the past several days many people have been misled by fake YIFY websites, Facebook accounts and impostors. These should not be trusted and are trying to profit from the confusion."

Well, it is now official.... YIFY is gone for good... You guys will be missed. Thanks for all the good times and good luck.

For some reason or other I cannot open your link.

I read the other day that Pirate Bay, Kickass and YIFY were "blocked" by Firefox and Chrome because of potentially dangerous downloads.

I noticed that Piratebay is back but Kickass is still blocked. If you use Microsoft Internet explorer you can access without problems.

I just opened http://www.yify-movie.com/ with Microsoft Explorer. No problem.

Edit: If you use Google and search Kickass you will find the kickass.unblocked.la/ link. You can use that.

Google is not your "friend" when it comes to torrenting - they suppress all real sites and offer instead links to untrustworthy torrents.

There was only one 'real' YIFY - the site was YTS.to - any other is bogus and potentially dangerous. If you use KAT then search their releases for YIFY and you will see the last official upload was around mid October.

As reported here, Torrentfreak has confirmed their demise - RIP YIFY, you will be sorely missed.

sad.png

There's only been one YIFY site, and it's not the one you published, giddyup.

"...

During the past week, in the wake of the YTS/YIFY closure, TF received a steady stream of emails from people who believed the operation was still running. Some pointed to sites with YIFY in the title, others pointed to dubious Facebook pages. All of them were fake, with each and every one abusing the YTS and YIFY ‘trademarks’ to further their own goals.

And of course, anti-piracy groups love this. They know that when fake sites appear they undermine the brand reputation of the genuine sites. They know that when malware gets offloaded or dodgy signups are required, people lose faith in the sites they’re trying to kill. When one thinks about it, people pirating pirate sites are doing their work for them...."

Rest of the article here: https://torrentfreak.com/pirate-sites-and-their-users-are-suffering-a-trademark-crisis-151101/

Here's the final story, turns out YIFY was a Kiwi...

And to you guys who can access it good for you. Wait till you download something you didn't want to, then we shall see you crying in a different thread tongue.png

The major movie studios of the MPAA are behind the recent shutdown of the torrent site YTS, the associated release group YIFY, and the main Popcorn Time fork, PopcornTime.io.