Expat bars in Phitsanulok

cabanlit

Many, many years since I was up in P'lok, but will be there this weekend.

I used to have some beers, chats and watch the English football at Lady Janes bar, but I understand that is long gone.

Any other suitable venues around these days?

Many thanks.

Not much doing I believe,there is a thread in the central forum where expats meet up on a Wednesday at topland and on a Friday night.

When ever I stayed in Plok over the weekend I always went to the bars near the night market along the river,they mostly all show the football.

I did use another bar across the river same side as the passport office which was decent,not sure of the name or if it's even still open.

There are a few bars on the road that leads to the immigration office,but I've never been.

Have a search in the central forum maybe it will throw something up.

Plok doesn't get much coverage on TV forum.

Good luck and enjoy however it pans out.

There is one bar owned by an American that gets quite a few farangs in on a Friday, but many any other time. They serve draught beer, Thai and western food. Can't vouch for the western food but the Thai food is spot on.

You'll find it by the river, just off Walking Street

There's a couple of ways to reach it

Go down Walking Street towards the river, turn right just before the bridge, carry on along the river for about 100 metre

If you go on a Saturday you'll have to approach it along the river, coming down from the night bazaar, heading away from where Lady Jane's was.

Don't know about the name but the sign has a pair of red lips, you wont miss it

Hello Cabanlit,

There is a relatively new ex pat bar on the riverside across the road from the floating restaurants, close to walking street.

If you are on Borom Trailokkanat Road turn on to Sangkha Bucha. Sangkha Bucha Road is used as a walking street market on Saturday evenings.

Go to the end of the road but instead of going over the bridge across the river turn right. A few hundred yards down that road called Phutthabucha is the ex pat bar, it's on the right.

You can follow my directions on Google Maps, unfortunately the street view still shows the old owners restaurant.

The name of the bar is in Thai so look out for the coca cola sign with big rolling stone like lips and that's the place. It is next to a coffee shop.

They have good food, draught beers and show the football, rugby etc.

There is one bar owned by an American that gets quite a few farangs in on a Friday, but many any other time. They serve draught beer, Thai and western food. Can't vouch for the western food but the Thai food is spot on.

You'll find it by the river, just off Walking Street

There's a couple of ways to reach it

Go down Walking Street towards the river, turn right just before the bridge, carry on along the river for about 100 metre

If you go on a Saturday you'll have to approach it along the river, coming down from the night bazaar, heading away from where Lady Jane's was.

Don't know about the name but the sign has a pair of red lips, you wont miss it

Yeah, I've been there a few times, it's quite alright.

Many, many years since I was up in P'lok, but will be there this weekend.

I used to have some beers, chats and watch the English football at Lady Janes bar, but I understand that is long gone.

Any other suitable venues around these days?

Many thanks.

So how did you get on,a follow up report would be handy for others to reference from.

Cheers.

• 6 months later...

Archived