Thousands of refugees enter Slovenia as Ljubljana seeks EU help

webfact

Thousands of refugees enter Slovenia as Ljubljana seeks EU help

606x341_315693.jpg

LJUBLJANA: -- More than 12,000 migrants have crossed into Slovenia in the last 24 hours and thousands more are expected.

Thousands of refugees, most of them from Syria according to the International Organisation for Migration, are making their way through the Balkans.

Officials have asked the EU for help.

“The Commission stands by Slovenia and we are ready to assist the country both, technically and financially. we are ready to consider deploying migration management support teams to Slovenia, if the country needs them, to help the authorities with the management of the increasing migratory flows,” said Dimitris Avramopoulos, the EU commissioner for migration.

The government says it will need to spend nearly 800,000 euros a day to manage the flow of people.

“Slovenia is making it very clear: the external border of the EU in greece has to be protected. Greece is that country inside the EU through which the migrants are arriving in great numbers and completely uncontrolled,” said Vesna Györkös Žnidar, the Slovenian interior minister.

Slovenia’s parliament recently passed legislation to give the army more powers when guarding the border.

Slovenia has a population of some two million people; officials say more than ten thousand refugees are currently living there.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-10-23

Not since the days of the ottoman's empire's sultan Mehmet the conqueror and his son and successor

sultan Suleiman the magnificent, 1430 - 1520 , who over ran and conquered most of Europe, has so many Muslims marching now on Europe, than, those guys came in the front door as war lords and conquerors,

now the new conquerors

of mixed race, nationalities and identities are again, over running Europe through the back door,

queue jumping on the back of the world misguided sympathy and taking advantage of Europe inability

and impotency in firmly dealing with the situation and stem the tide of the undesirable inhabiting

their countries and being a burden and a blight on the social welfare system...

Edited by ezzra

The weather there is reporting 47F/37C so I wonder what it will be a month from now? What do they do with these people? Is the invitation to live at Angela's house still open?

Merkel didnt give a personal invitation,only an invite for economic migrants to take over Germany!

What a joke it is becoming now, most of them are better dressed than the kids around my area, our government wants to strip our country of working money and pour it into a country that will give nothing back, looks like my grand kids will end up Muslims, somebody should have the <deleted> and say enough is enough, Why does the government speak for the people when most people don,t wont them here. The next religious war is on its way, and they will be in every corner of the world as they are now, slag me off all you do gooders i dont give a shit, if you want them, then you sponsor them.

What actually makes all of them refugees exactly I wonder?

Governments who have signed and ratified the UN Convention for Refugees are obliged to assess whether refugee claims for asylum are legitimate; until the assessment process proves otherwise they should be treated as refugees. Moving on...

Germany tightens asylum rules from today to cope with record migrant influx

Government figures show that while many arriving in Germany are fleeing war in the Middle East, at least a third are economic migrants from the Balkans who can have little hope of staying legally.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/865274-germany-tightens-asylum-rules-from-today-to-cope-with-record-migrant-influx/

Edited by simple1