Remembrance Kanchanaburi

PattayaPhom

So im there 1.2.3 .of November.Nothing else to say,but Thanks to Those who gave us the Freedom that's now abused by many, but not all Young Folk...... A Beer n Pasty would Cheer Me Up though Carlos.

I'm heading back to Cornwall next week, I'll probably eat a pasty for every TV member that wants me to :)

I went last year... Pretty good turn out.. Ceremony was a bit too religious for my liking but the hot dogs n beer were bonza smile.png

I was there too and the Padre from Bangkok does a good job, saying the Lords Prayer once a year is not much to ask. Standing in the warm sunshine of Don Rak sure beats a cold damp morning at the Cenotaph.

So im there 1.2.3 .of November.Nothing else to say,but Thanks to Those who gave us the Freedom that's now abused by many, but not all Young Folk...... A Beer n Pasty would Cheer Me Up though Carlos.

I'm heading back to Cornwall next week, I'll probably eat a pasty for every TV member that wants me to smile.png

A Cornish Pasty washed down with a pint of Hicks Special Draft. Possibly in Looe. A week of that then back here, wonderful. Have one on me Carlos.

• 2 weeks later...

Do they still sell poppies at the cemetery? If so I hope to drive there on Monday, if not I will most likely go pay my respects anyway.

Not sure,but One more bar about 1/2 mile on the right on the back road(opposite a small Tescos),towards the Bridge has them and bands.

Rob the owner supports the Poppy Appeal and supplies the food etc on the 11th,top bloke.

Do they still sell poppies at the cemetery? If so I hope to drive there on Monday, if not I will most likely go pay my respects anyway.

Not sure,but One more bar about 1/2 mile on the right on the back road(opposite a small Tescos),towards the Bridge has them and bands.

Rob the owner supports the Poppy Appeal and supplies the food etc on the 11th,top bloke.

Thanks, I will look out for the tesco and have a gander.

Attended in 2011, very moving. Also went to the other cemetery across the river in the evening to coincide with UK time and some Korea and Malaysia veterans laid a wreath. There was a woman who was visiting her fathers grave in the cemetery for the first time and they passed the wreath to her to lay. Not a dry eye amongst the small group of us. Lest we forget

Archived