Amphur will not accept affirmation to marry

ourmanflint

Ran into difficulties trying to get married in Phrae, thought I had everything stamped and certified from MOF in Chaeng Wattana, but amphur says I must have a copy of my passport also translated and stamped at MOF. I never read this anywhere so am a bit stuck, have no time to go back to bangkokto get passport translated and go to Phrae again. Any advice?

Yes, I needed my passport translated to get married, my first translation was turned down and quite luckily for the numerous customers getting turned down, there was a group of guys waiting to take your documents off to a translation center to have them done properly - only in Thailand.

Yes, I needed my passport translated to get married, my first translation was turned down and quite luckily for the numerous customers getting turned down, there was a group of guys waiting to take your documents off to a translation center to have them done properly - only in Thailand.

Where was this out of interest?

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't need to get my passport translated. Try another Amphur.

Nonthaburi didn't need my passport translated. In fact, despite having no English, they were very helpful.

I think I was the first foreigner they'd had and I (and my kids who came over) were a bit of a novelty. They treated us really well.

Archived