looking for thoughts on a new bike (CB500F+, ER6N, etc)

kekalot

I am looking to get a bigger bike than my Honda Wave budget would be about 150,000 or so.

It's not to go fast, I only use my Wave for longer trips and it isn't much fun on the bum plus if I go like 70 kmh not that great

I seem to like the CB500F which is plenty for me, .I think the CB300F would get old quick.

but see there are some Kawasaki ER6Ns that can be had about the same price, they are older bikes when around 150k

there are also CB650Fs but more expensive where I saw them.

I am not looking for anyone to make a search for me to find the best bike at the best price (not that I would be against that!)

but I am wondering if there would be any benefits to going from a CB500F to an er6n 650..

again, I don't want to go fast or do crazy stunts.. maybe an older er6n is a better bike than a newer CB500F, i don't know much about that.

any help or hints appreciated, thanks!

I found the 500X uncomfortable and went for the F. Had to sell it though as there are too many retards on the roads up here. Good bike though and it's telepathic around corners.

I am 191cm and read the same before too about the 500X

still debating if getting a 500F is a better idea than going at an older 650 like the ER6Ns which look a LOT like CBFs or if they are mechanically radically different. (for better or worse)

I found the 500X uncomfortable and went for the F. Had to sell it though as there are too many retards on the roads up here. Good bike though and it's telepathic around corners.

I am 191cm and read the same before too about the 500X

still debating if getting a 500F is a better idea than going at an older 650 like the ER6Ns which look a LOT like CBFs or if they are mechanically radically different. (for better or worse)

Whatever bike you go for - because of the state of the roads - you need "dirt bike DNA" - ignore this at your peril...

The Honda 250M had been suggested, so has the 500X - if you have deeper pockets there is the Ducati Scrambler.

Give whatever you fancy a good ride round some of the pot holed / bumpy side roads before making a decission...

For me I would strongly consider the CB300f. It will do 160km/hr on the highway if you really want to. I don't think the 500f is much of an upgrade because it is such a de-tuned twin (low reving and set up for max fuel economy). A new 300f with a few minor accessories will cost you less than a good/clean used 500f and you will have a very similar bike for most real world situations. Also you can get service done at your local Honda shop and wont need to go to a big wing. If you could scratch the money together to get a CB650f, different story.

For me I would strongly consider the CB300f. It will do 160km/hr on the highway if you really want to. I don't think the 500f is much of an upgrade because it is such a de-tuned twin (low reving and set up for max fuel economy). A new 300f with a few minor accessories will cost you less than a good/clean used 500f and you will have a very similar bike for most real world situations. Also you can get service done at your local Honda shop and wont need to go to a big wing. If you could scratch the money together to get a CB650f, different story.

that is what I was looking at at first, I don't know much about the engines and all that.. someone was talking to me about single and twin, etc. but I'd have to look into that myself I guess.

I would only use my bike for semi long trips, not for going to the market or 7eleven. we're talking going from Cha-am to Mueang Phetchaburi which is ±55 kms 2-3 times a week. and otherwise, anywhere in Thailand

most likely my girlfriend would accompany me on 90% of those non Mueang Phetchaburi trips.

I did long trips like that last year headed to Mae Hong Son (Pai) on my Honda Wave and. it was slow obviously, I felt like I was totally nailing the Wave even if averaging 80 km/h most of the trip but not really any passing power if needed, tough on steep hills, even if I'm lightweight myself had to go in first gear on some of those. the seat was mostly the problem.. if you get my drift haha.

top speeds i couldn't care less, i might push it to try but I would be surprised if I went over 120 at all unless passing

just me and my girlfriend is 115kg (68 + 47) and then a pack or two I figured that maybe the a clean used 500F might be a better choice?

they are building up at Big Wing in Hua Hin which should be completed rather soonish (prob a month or two) so the maintenance thing would hopefully not be an issue. but once on a trip it might become one

I am split!

that is what I was looking at at first, I don't know much about the engines and all that.. someone was talking to me about single and twin, etc. but I'd have to look into that myself I guess.

I would only use my bike for semi long trips, not for going to the market or 7eleven. we're talking going from Cha-am to Mueang Phetchaburi which is ±55 kms 2-3 times a week. and otherwise, anywhere in Thailand

most likely my girlfriend would accompany me on 90% of those non Mueang Phetchaburi trips.

I did long trips like that last year headed to Mae Hong Son (Pai) on my Honda Wave and. it was slow obviously, I felt like I was totally nailing the Wave even if averaging 80 km/h most of the trip but not really any passing power if needed, tough on steep hills, even if I'm lightweight myself had to go in first gear on some of those. the seat was mostly the problem.. if you get my drift haha.

top speeds i couldn't care less, i might push it to try but I would be surprised if I went over 120 at all unless passing

just me and my girlfriend is 115kg (68 + 47) and then a pack or two I figured that maybe the a clean used 500F might be a better choice?

they are building up at Big Wing in Hua Hin which should be completed rather soonish (prob a month or two) so the maintenance thing would hopefully not be an issue. but once on a trip it might become one

I am split!

Have sent you a PM.....