Going to Mumbai for a week, any tips, after a hotel with a balcony?

ryanhull

Hey all,...

Anyone here been to mumbai?

I am planning a trip for a week alone to meet a friend who is traveling around, whilst he is willing to stay in shared dorms I am not.

I am asking alot here but I was wondering, anyone know of a half decent hotel with an ok wifi and a balcony?

I am told I should not be paying over £20 a night for all that but looking on agoda that seems not to be true, the balcony is a must as i am a smoker and hate trapsing outside for a cig, wifi is also a must.

Any ideas peeps?

Cheers

I was in Mumbai last month and I have to say it's an absolute shithole! Great experience though and one of the benefits of going there is that on your return BKK will look clean and well planned in comparison.

We stayed in a nice hotel, Grand Sarovar, but it was much more than 20GBP. I think it was 3000b a night and was very nice, especially the food.

Clothes are very cheap in Mumbai and the food is amazing.

Have fun!

Edited by teatree

It's a long time since I stayed in Mumbai, but you may want to look for something in the Vile Parle or Juhu areas (near the 'beach') this is where the Bollywood stars live and is marginally less yukky than the rest of Mumbai.

Easy access to the urban railway at Vile Parle station to get around (cheap). Mumbai taxi drivers are notoriously militant, auto rickshaws (tuktuk) are cheap and effective if you don't mind choking in the pollution.

Buy Imodium, then buy more Imodium. If you fancy trying street food you will need it :(

Enjoy :)