Cannot edit my posts and blank posts

SpaceKadet

I noticed that the "Edit" link on my posts disappears shortly after posting. Is this normal?

Also, on some posts the entire paragraph disappears, or the post is blank if it consists of only one paragraph. The latest example is my last post here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/865496-single-internet-gateway-your-thoughts/page-2

Any help or explanation appreciated.

The easy one first, yes the 'edit' button disappears after 20 mins or so.

As to your empty posts, no idea, that blank post is completely empty which should never happen. If I try to edit it I get the 'you must enter a post' error.

Are you experiencing slow or erratic internet at present? There have been a number of reports of odd things occurring on TOT connections.

I've had erratic internet connection last week, just like many others who were complaining here in TV. But it seems that TOT have fixed their routing problems, and it has been pretty normal for the past few days.

Actually the similar paragraph is missing from my post above the link. It was just 2-3 sentences describing how to display root CA on Chrome browser. When I saw it missing I created a new post with same information, and that became blank. Maybe this BB s/w doesn't like to talk about Chrome? :)

As can not see your post kind of hard to be sure but did it have computer machine functions within it by any chance? Your post of what it was about seems to indicate it might have - and perhaps that is what has made it disappear. You might try the BB code switch (top left above composition screen) and see if switching with that makes any difference in a post containing it here?

Because that's in internal browser URI that can 'set' functions/features I think ThaiVisa filters is out and prevents it from being posted.

Yea, I just tried posting that in a 'code box' and it redacted it to blank.

This link follows the 'code box'. Let's see if it gets posted or 'lost' in the redaction.

Sure, I know about this one now. But it is impossible for us simple users to know exactly what other stuff this BB filter will barf at.

Indeed, but since this is the first time it (or something similar) has come up in all the years I've been a member I think we're fairly safe smile.png

Don't put anything other than plain text or BBcode from the functions panel in your posts and it will work just fine.

I must say this was something unexpected, and to chop the whole paragraph containing this little piece... not very well written BB software....

Has not happened to me on any other bulletin boards I'm the member of.

Archived