Prayut warns of action over 'Red Sunday'

webfact

The Prayuth apologists are finding it increasingly impossible to selectively pull out single statements and make any sense of it that is digestible to even a cow, which has four chambers to digest what human beings cannot (and buffalo, too).

The problems that are needing solved are not going away just because someone waves a magic wand.

thumbsup.gif

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, Mr PM... Red is Thai traditional color for Sunday's, like yellow is for Monday's..

Aren't you supposed to upheld Thai traditions?

And then let me correct that for you :)

Those from the other faction involved in corruption or organising political rallies resulting in casualties would not be exempt from legal action

"We can't just reconcile right away," he said. "Legal action has to be taken against the other side and we ain't finished plundering yet..."

We can't just reconcile right away.... Ok so we reconcile but not now... bah.gif

All hail the Supreme Being....a narcissistic Clark Kent/Caligula combo with a Napoleon complex . How long before the next wannabe creates an Article 45 to trump his 44?

and a fair portion of Icarus ................

Prayut says he won’t hesitate to take action if law is breached by redshirt supporters Sunday

58-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha said yesterday that he would not forbid a planned rally by the redshirt United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) to jointly wear red shirts on this coming Sunday to give morale support to the ousted Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra over possible ruling to pay compensations for damages incurred in the rice pledging scheme.

But he warned leaders of the group to not stir up any trouble as he will take immediate legal action against them.

The prime minister’s strong warning came as redshirt supporters are urged by their leaders to wear red and gather together to give her the support.

In the press interview yesterday at Government House, Gen Prayut made clear of his stand, saying “the National Council for Peace and Order is not forbidding anything.”

“I didn’t order any such thing! You can wear whatever you like! You can wear your underwear! It has nothing to do with me so long as there is no trouble. But as the caretaker, if you cause any inconvenience or hurt anyone then I will have to intervene.”

He also said, “Not everyone likes or agrees with your beliefs. Most people just want people want to be left alone to live in peace. What if a clash breaks out and someone gets hurt? Who is responsible? Who has to deal with it? Me! Why do you want to make trouble for yourself? Once you are charged, that is a permanent stain in your record!”

He cautioned that “If there’s trouble you will most likely be jailed! I don’t care who you are and I am not afraid to use the power granted to me. I don’t want to use it needlessly but I won’t hesitate to use it to safeguard the peace and stability of this country which I regard as the highest priority of my office.”

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prayut-says-he-wont-hesitate-to-take-action-if-law-is-breached-by-redshirt-supporters-sunday

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-10-28

So much for freedom of speech as showing your opinion by wearing a particular color is a way of expression. I'll bet he doesn't prosecute any yellow shirt wearers although that would be a way of provoking.

Part of the problem is that the yellows wisely chose the colour of the king, while the reds unwisely chose the colour of the communists. It really plays into the hands of certain people who'd prefer the general public take a simplistic view of the issues.

Part of the problem is that the yellows wisely chose the colour of the king, while the reds unwisely chose the colour of the communists. It really plays into the hands of certain people who'd prefer the general public take a simplistic view of the issues.

No they didn't. The groups aligned with Thaksin chose red because it's traditionally been a lucky color in Asian culture. Do some fact checking first.

so much blustering over such a small thing as a t-shirt....

The government will also speed up prosecution in serious cases, including corruption, to facilitate the reconciliation process, the premier said

If, by reconciliation, the self-appointed "PM" means 'putting all of my opposition in jail', then the above is the proper strategy.... coffee1.gif

One of the worst typos in history, should be reckonhumiliiation.

He is sounding more like a dictator everyday, fix the country and gain people respect might be a good start secondly dont announce a crackdown until its completed. Then you have something tangible to announce, hot air and false promises will lead to your political demise Prayut.

He's been sounding like one of those since day one.

Edit: Your post will likely be removed for containing the D word. Maybe mine too. These are the times we live in.

Edited by MW72

"punish those who participate in a campaign to wear red shirts in support of former premier Yingluck Shinawatra"

Goodness, it didn't take long for General Prayut to blasphemy his own statements made to the world:

@ the UN (printed quote, perhaps poorly translated) - "Thailand accorded has always priority to protecting and promoting human rights for all groups of people.”

@ Voice of America - "Prayut denied suggestions he has further clamped down on freedom of expression in Thailand, saying he has given permission for people to exercise their freedom of expression at a fairly high level (sic)"

I cant believe Thais who in their National Anthem say "Not afraid to fight" put up with this crap. Bloody poms wouldn't put up with this shit

Many Americans would say these are some of the circumstances that justify the 2nd amendment. We certainly wouldn't be told what color to wear on Sunday or any other day.