Gated home residence/migrant workers camp

Hello I live in a small gated property development. Recently a group of about 40 migrant workers have been living in a group of residentially unoccupied townhomes just next to mine inside the gated community. So essentially the neigboor is a migrant workers camp.

They truck out early in the morning and truck back in at night. They sleep there and are there on their days off.

I feel this is potentially unsafe and probably illigal, or at least against the housing association laws.

My wife has contacted the property manager and he just said dont worry about it they will be gone in 3 months.

My question is who can I lodge a complaint with?

Also what are everyone's elses feeling on this?

Cheers

There's so much construction going on these days. Likely these are hires for a project close by. My wonderful little urban ecosystem went away in a day about 4 months ago. Nice patch of 200 year old trees with song birds everywhere. Now it's a construction zone with workers housed in aluminum sided huts. While I don't necessarily view the workers as a threat, the one who brought his fighting cock needs to go away. Nice guy..., waves to me every morning as I go on my walks. But his friend doesn't know when to start his rants. His clock is off and, if I had my way, tomorrow at 4AM his head would be so.

If you find an authority (who will listen), let me know because the 24/7 activity has started to get on my nerves and those of my neighbors.

In the meantime, noise cancelling headphones when outside for me.

The owner of the home next to mine in a small gated property development is making money by renting it out to a construction company to house its foreign workers at no care for the saftey of the neigboors. Not to mention how unsightly it looks and would immediately put off any potential home buyer in the gated area.

This just seems illigal let alone extremely inconsiderate.

if the constuction zone was located in the gated residential area than I would be okay with it. I wouldnt like it but I would be okay with it that they had to live there while they worked.

But in this situation they are living in a gated area with security gates and being trucked in and out to go work somewhere else 6 days a week.

This to me seems like abuse by the owner or property developer and should not be allowed.

if the constuction zone was located in the gated residential area than I would be okay with it. I wouldnt like it but I would be okay with it that they had to live there while they worked.

But in this situation they are living in a gated area with security gates and being trucked in and out to go work somewhere else 6 days a week.

This to me seems like abuse by the owner or property developer and should not be allowed.

Would not happen in a condo development because rental cost per sqm is too high compared to a house.

Have you experienced any personal threat by these migrant workers? are they disturbing you in any way?

surprised to see how you yourself being a migrated person feels so unsafe having a house next to them.

why cause they are poor?

Wow, working class migrants living next to hi-so migrants...

A truck out in the morning, a truck in at night... unbelievable !!!

You begrudge the poor but hard working people their shirt on their back.

You want to know my feelings about this ?

No, the moderator would blush.

Cheers

Have you experienced any personal threat by these migrant workers? are they disturbing you in any way?

surprised to see how you yourself being a migrated person feels so unsafe having a house next to them.

why cause they are poor?

Of course, the politically-correct Social Justice Warriors have to put in their oar . . .

If you love them so much, you should offer to put them up in your house.

This happened to me over a year ago. We don't have any trouble with them since my wife sorted the pickup owner who thought the whole of the area would like to hear his thump, thump type of music. To be on the end of a tongue lashing from the 'trouble and strife' is best avoided. The only other problem is rubbish scattered around even though waste bins are right next to them. As the saying goes, when being raped, lay back and think of England. I got my mind right years ago and can live with it. Another beer anyone?tongue.png

This happened to me over a year ago. We don't have any trouble with them since my wife sorted the pickup owner who thought the whole of the area would like to hear his thump, thump type of music. To be on the end of a tongue lashing from the 'trouble and strife' is best avoided. The only other problem is rubbish scattered around even though waste bins are right next to them. As the saying goes, when being raped, lay back and think of England. I got my mind right years ago and can live with it. Another beer anyone?tongue.png

You must be bow legged by now.

Ah, yet another argument for renting. Although probably the poor buggers are too exhausted from working to be thinking about giving you any problems anyway. If they do, I'd suggest a police visit would have them scattering like chickens when a fox gets in the henhouse.

A friend of mine has migrant workers living on the block next to him. All they are interested in is getting back to Myanmar with their earnings without a police shakedown on the way.

The owner of the home next to mine in a small gated property development is making money by renting it out to a construction company to house its foreign workers at no care for the saftey of the neigboors. Not to mention how unsightly it looks and would immediately put off any potential home buyer in the gated area.

Your last sentence pretty much sums it up, living here you will come across inconsiderate behaviour rather a lot.

Your only way out would likely be to rent the place yourself, perhaps neighbours would contribute too.

Ah, yet another argument for renting. Although probably the poor buggers are too exhausted from working to be thinking about giving you any problems anyway. If they do, I'd suggest a police visit would have them scattering like chickens when a fox gets in the henhouse.

A friend of mine has migrant workers living on the block next to him. All they are interested in is getting back to Myanmar with their earnings without a police shakedown on the way.

But there are frequent incidents of drunken brawls we hear of in these 'camps', and I would be worried about any pilfering..... if he has any fruit bearing trees I would bet the fruit all seems to disappear.

Wow, working class migrants living next to hi-so migrants...

You begrudge the poor but hard working people their shirt on their back.

You want to know my feelings about this ?

No, the moderator would blush.

Cheers

It is okay, as I have alerted the alcohol-dependent, one-legged gentleman who begs for change nearby so that he can realize that there are others who are doing it much harder. I cannot translate his Thai reply, but I think it sounded something like, "At least I do not have to live next to a migrant camp in a gated residence! Wow, I am so lucky!"

why cause they are poor?

Of course, the politically-correct Social Justice Warriors have to put in their oar . . .

But the original poster is not complaining about people living in his house, so then why are you suggesting that this person should "put them up in your house." Is it your uncannily acute intelligence?

why cause they are poor?

And before your astonishing skills of perception leap out to baffle me, no, I would have no problem at all if they set up camp next to my building. If they were too loud after hours, then I would simply speak with them about it—but I would do that with anyone, regardless of the circumstances.

By the way, given your incredible intellect and capacity for empathy and compassion, you should start an organized religion.

Dear Maximillian,

"Wow, working class migrants living next to hi-so migrants...

You begrudge the poor but hard working people their shirt on their back"

Very worldly stance there Max , but let me ask you this..........

1) Did you purchase your home with a vision of a modest investment for your family, bit of quite enjoyment and privacy before a workers site moved in?

2) Are you now trying to sell you house and have been told by all prospective buyers and agents no Thai (nor foreigner)

would touch a property in that situation.... unless you want to "give it a way" at -40% of the purchase price?

I have been in this situation, the issue is not the Foreign Workers, it is the <deleted> developers who sell you paradise

and then abuse the trust and erode your investment.

It's the old TOWN PLANNING in brown paper bag issue again - Let's hope the good General will address this issue soon

across my subsoi, they are building a multi-million dollar home which ahs been underway for the last 2 years. the crew live in the house as they build it, and on day one i made it very clear that i was willing to listen to construction noise, but not music, domestic disputes etc,.

on one of the early crews an elderly gentleman took exception to the notion that paying neighbors should not be held hostage to the whims of itinerant workers and trhreataned to burn my house down with my daughter in it. he was drunk at the time.

thankfully the owner of the house who is also my landlord of 12 years intervened and had the man and his family summarily removed form the crew and we have had nary a problem with any of the crews since beyond a few growing pains.

your problem is that the trustees of your community are receiving funds or a back hander to house these crews. as long as the people who are supposed to have your interests in mind are complicit with the housing scheme, you have little to no recourse.

I dont see what could possibly be illegal about working people renting accommodation.

Now, if they are doing something bad during their time off (making noise, gambling, stealing etc) then that would be another matter. But I dont see how you can complain about them just being there.

wow they leave early in the morning,come back at night and sleep all day on their day offs.what's the problem?i wish i had neighbours like that! these poor workers a probably working like dogs in the heat for a few hundred baht a day,Why don't you be a good neighbour and take over a few buckets of KFC.thumbsup.gifwai2.gif

>>>>>>>>Dear Maximillian,

"Wow, working class migrants living next to hi-so migrants...
You begrudge the poor but hard working people their shirt on their back"

Very worldly stance there Max , but let me ask you this..........
1) Did you purchase your home with a vision of a modest investment for your family, bit of quite enjoyment and privacy before a workers site moved in?
2) Are you now trying to sell you house and have been told by all prospective buyers and agents no Thai (nor foreigner)
would touch a property in that situation.... unless you want to "give it a way" at -40% of the purchase price?

I have been in this situation, the issue is not the Foreign Workers, it is the <deleted> developers who sell you paradise
and then abuse the trust and erode your investment.

It's the old TOWN PLANNING in brown paper bag issue again - Let's hope the good General will address this issue soon.<<<<<<<

Dear Mr. Custard,

any investment bears a risk. An English friend of mine has built a very large and beautiful villa on top of a slope, right next to the sea.

40.000.000 THB or more, I guess. For a few years everything was fine until a Thai opened a beach bar right below the villa. The bum bum "music" goes on until 2 or 3 a.m. Nothing he could do about it. Doesn't need migrant workers...

why cause they are poor?

People like you are a burden and cancer to this society. You instead of being parasite should leave...

Notify immigration who require being informed by the homeowner of any foreigners living at their property. The foreigners also should have notified immigration of their residence.

Having done that and with fines duly paid together with runners completed .... you may well find that your lifestyle takes a turn for the worse, they will not be happy with you.

• 2 months later...

why cause they are poor?

Exactly...I never see any social justice warriors living in Black neighborhoods, or hosting immigrants/refugees...or even paying taxes at the rate most of us do...Please, let your actions match your rhetoric...it's called integrity.

Archived