Pattaya Supermakets

thaimee

Carrefour, BigC, Tesco, Top's, etc:

fantastic place for me. i spend many hours here on the net as they have a free internet service. so use most days. infact most supermarkets which are new remind me of europe. they're clean, friendly and service is generally good. Carrefour seems busy most days, although i wish it was open 24 hours like Tops supermarket. can't think of anything controversial to say though.

i do remember bigC's policy on free delivery ain't as good as it's made out to be. one time i waited more than the alloted time for the said delivery and when we rang them back up they seemed clueless. in addition i would generalise that whenever i observe Thais deliver goods the take a very rough approach to getting the goods as first viewed. on one ocassion we had a sofa delivered and when we got it into real light we could see that the thing was sun damaged! we couldn't see that as the wholesaler has most sofas at the back of his warehouse. this place was located behind bigC. anyone been there before? anyways, opinion's expats?

• 2 weeks later...

Pattaya Market, how did it all turn out then chaps? Hasn't it turned out to be bit of a disaster?

I believe the costs for owning a unit are somewhere in the region of 330,00 for three years. and that is only key money. on top of this you have to pay monthly rental so i pity the people who have signed the contracts. Nevermind i guess.

Thaimee.

i love super stores that open round the clock . tops supermarket is a good example. what would the harm be in carrefour's staying open twenty four hours daily? that would mean i could virtually live in store and you guys could come and visit me when it pleases you. bye.

Pattaya Market, how did it all turn out then chaps? Hasn't it turned out to be bit of a disaster?

I believe the costs for owning a unit are somewhere in the region of 330,00 for three years. and that is only key money. on top of this you have to pay monthly rental so i pity the people who have signed the contracts. Nevermind i guess.

Thaimee.

Look at Duck Square and other ventures for where not to open a store.

The new construction between Second Road and Beach Road may offer possibilities, though. Depends on key-money and rental.

Location, location, location.