FREE : Car check before trip - Nitrogen top-up & 1 Plug for flat-tire @ ProAuto

ProAuto

car-check.png

Basic checklist

• Check you have sufficient fuel, oil and radiator coolant.
  • Check your tyres and spare are correctly inflated and your battery water level is correct.
  • Clean your windscreen and check the windscreen wipers and washers are operating and cleaning correctly.
  • Check that your fuel gauge and temperature gauge are operating correctly.
  • Check that the spare wheel is secured and that you have a lifting jack and wheel brace. Make sure you have a tool to remove the hubcap or wheel trim.
  • Check that all lights operate to regulations.
  • Check radiator hoses for softening or cracking.
  • Check the radiator for leaks.
  • Check the fan belt to see if it is cracked or loose.
  • Check all tyres to make sure they are free of nails and tears and that they have the correct tread depth (1.5mm minimum).
  • Check to make sure the steering joints are not loose.
  • Check that the engine mountings are not loose or contaminated with oil.
  • Check that the exhaust system is not leaking or loose.
  • Check if there are any oil leaks from the engine, gearbox and differential.
  • Check if there are any fluid leaks from master cylinders, wheels, pipes and unions.
  • Check if there is water in the fuel bowl or fuel filter.

Reference : http://rac.com.au/motoring/motoring-advice/about-my-car/checks-and-services/preparing-for-a-long-trip

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Facebook :- https://www.facebook...proautothailand

Line ID :- @proauto

Google Map :- https://goo.gl/H3Xrst

TEL :- o89-838-8899

Edited by ProAuto

That's a good offer and I'll definitely bring my car in before the next long trip. Just be certain that no-one on your staff suggests work that isn't 100% necessary - the cynicism in this place knows no bounds...

smile.png

Thank you so much for your interest in our service. I'm looking forward to being of your assistance before the trip.

We will always ensure that our suggest is valid. Normally, we will inform quotation & get approval from customer before fix.

Regards,

Ton :)

Very interesting. Question: is ProAuto for basic service (shocks, tires, battery, oil change etc.) or do they do more major work too? Such as work on the engine, replacing a clutch, etc?

We also do work on other major works overhaul, replacing clutch, valve gasket, dynamo etc...

s__15941690.jpg

ProAuto,

Im guessing you use the nitrogen to fill the tires.

What are the advantages of using nitrogen.

How much does it cost to convert ?

Especially since regular air is already 80% nitrogen it would seem that removing the other components would actually increase the tendency for the gas to diffuse out of the tire.

* The benefit of using Nitrogen - the tires can maintain pressure longer than the plain old air. Tires filled with Nitrogen don't need to check the air pressure as frequently as tires filled with plain old air.

* Anyway, the bottom line is we can use and might enjoy the slight improvement in air retention provided, but it's not a substitute for regular inflation checks.

* 3 primary benefits of regular check tire pressure

- Increase fuel efficiency

- Longer tire life

- Increased safety

References :-

Why Nitrogen? http://www.getnitrogen.org/why/

Tires - Nitrogen air loss study http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2007/10/tires-nitrogen-air-loss-study/index.htm

Nitrogen in tires - Q&A http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2007/10/nitrogen-in-tires-q-a/index.htm

* The benefit of using Nitrogen - the tires can maintain pressure longer than the plain old air. Tires filled with Nitrogen don't need to check the air pressure as frequently as tires filled with plain old air.

Nice marketing bubble. Any tire will hold any non-aggressive gas as long as it is not fractured or punched.

That's a good offer and I'll definitely bring my car in before the next long trip. Just be certain that no-one on your staff suggests work that isn't 100% necessary

Ont his topic I have something to add.. I actually wish that more car work shops would alert me of parts that may need service or replacement in the near future. Too many workshops (that aren't car dealers) are IMHO far too reactive, replacing parts only when it actually breaks. (This may be in line with what the market demands here.)

For me though I'd much rather be a little early in replacing something (including seals, hoses, belts, etc.) than wait for it to actually break and be on the side of the road.

Car maintenance is super affordable as it is in this country, so with the right mechanic who's a little pro-active you can keep a typical locally produced car or truck running near forever.

Now, this does NOT apply to car dealers, who will suggest pretty ridiculous things, typically of items that cost strangely a lot of money (ball bearings..).

For an independent car workshop though, I want them to be a little proactive. And typically that would result in a discussion where the mechanic points something out, and then gives a recommendation. (i.e. replace now because having it break is potentially a big issue, or 'replace within a couple months' if it's less crucial, and the expense can be scheduled.)

That's a good offer and I'll definitely bring my car in before the next long trip. Just be certain that no-one on your staff suggests work that isn't 100% necessary

Ont his topic I have something to add.. I actually wish that more car work shops would alert me of parts that may need service or replacement in the near future. Too many workshops (that aren't car dealers) are IMHO far too reactive, replacing parts only when it actually breaks. (This may be in line with what the market demands here.)

For me though I'd much rather be a little early in replacing something (including seals, hoses, belts, etc.) than wait for it to actually break and be on the side of the road.

Car maintenance is super affordable as it is in this country, so with the right mechanic who's a little pro-active you can keep a typical locally produced car or truck running near forever.

Now, this does NOT apply to car dealers, who will suggest pretty ridiculous things, typically of items that cost strangely a lot of money (ball bearings..).

For an independent car workshop though, I want them to be a little proactive. And typically that would result in a discussion where the mechanic points something out, and then gives a recommendation. (i.e. replace now because having it break is potentially a big issue, or 'replace within a couple months' if it's less crucial, and the expense can be scheduled.)

I'm pleased with ProAuto in that regard, and any other regard so far.

They were replacing one worn part, which unfortunately necessitated taking the gearbox out and is a bit of work. With the gearbox out they saw that another part was worn and would need to be replaced soon, though not necessarily now. So they asked me if I would like to replace that part also now, to avoid having to pay to take the gearbox out again when replacing that part later. This was fine by me, as I too prefer to replace things before they are at the point of breaking.